Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?)

Do you think ball was over the line v Gillingham?

• Yes

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Don't really care if it was in or not, we won, and even if it was over, we've been long overdue a bit of luck!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Who cares? What do you want to do? Give the points to Gillingham? For the first time in a long time we got some luck, move on!

Oct 24, 2010
Biggs":3gno17zd said:
Just posting this again on a new page as it's not immediately distinguishable from the earlier pic with the ball in the air. This one is the last frame before Roos touches it, with the ball on the ground...

You can genuinely say that you can tell from that that the ball wasn't over the line? Where were you sat in the ground? I was pretty much in line with the goal line and the ball was well over the line.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
We seem to be getting our knickers in a twist over something which is now of no consequence. The result is done and dusted. Three points are in the bag. The ref's decision was final. Let's move on, swiftly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
esmer":3e4z43cl said:
Biggs":3e4z43cl said:
Just posting this again on a new page as it's not immediately distinguishable from the earlier pic with the ball in the air. This one is the last frame before Roos touches it, with the ball on the ground...

You can genuinely say that you can tell from that that the ball wasn't over the line? Where were you sat in the ground? I was pretty much in line with the goal line and the ball was well over the line.

If you look at my previous post, I actually said that pic is the strongest evidence so far that the ball was OVER. Though if you pushed me on it, I’d say that it’s likely a bit of the ball was just on the line.

I’m failing to understand the relevance of where I was sat when we’re dealing with photographic evidence. There is no conceivable justification for you to say it was well over when presented with that pic.

And I get the points about it being irrelevant, but it’s a fun piece of detective work in a thread dedicated to the subject and it would be nice to know we won the three points fair and square.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":2vhn2km5 said:
esmer":2vhn2km5 said:
Biggs":2vhn2km5 said:

If you look at my previous post, I actually said that pic is the strongest evidence so far that the ball was OVER. Though if you pushed me on it, I’d say that it’s likely a bit of the ball was just on the line.

I’m failing to understand the relevance of where I was sat when we’re dealing with photographic evidence. There is no conceivable justification for you to say it was well over when presented with that pic.

And I get the points about it being irrelevant, but it’s a fun piece of detective work in a thread dedicated to the subject and it would be nice to know we won the three points fair and square.
Biggs, you be the detective, I'll be the witness. I was there, I saw it, real time, I'll give you a statement that you can present with your file. The ball was over. Case closed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This is very odd. Is it just me??

How can anyone take what they saw from up to 50 yards away in a nanosecond above photographic evidence? Presumably none of you see the need for replays, photo finishes or post-analysis of any kind.

That picture PROVES the ball wasn’t ‘way over’ the line :lol:

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":2vfonu6r said:
This is very odd. Is it just me??

How can anyone take what they saw from up to 50 yards away in a nanosecond above photographic evidence? Presumably none of you see the need for replays, photo finishes or post-analysis of any kind.

That picture PROVES the ball wasn’t ‘way over’ the line :lol:
Oh no it doesn't ...

May 16, 2016
Just to finally clear this up.

My mate works in a Top Secret Government Agency Satellite image processing facility. He wouldn't explain why, but at the time of the incident, a Satellite was over this area and captured some images. He pulled in a few favours and has since privately confirmed that the referee and linesman signalled 'No Goal'.

Hope that helps.

Oct 31, 2015
The Doctor":3w4w057a said:
People do love to be right don't they!

More to the point, who's going in goal today?

Roos is with us for the foreseable apparantly. Shame it couldnt have been Mathews but. I liked Roos last week after his dodgy goal that wasnt but could have been

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":wijom8ia said:
esmer":wijom8ia said:
Biggs":wijom8ia said:
esmer":wijom8ia said:
I sit high up in block 9 and had an excellent view of it and, sorry, but there is no question but it was clearly over the line by probably 12". All around me agreed. The Matchday moments footage is from the front and the rear so it therefore can't possibly give any indication whether the ball was over the line or not. As I said it most definitely was.

I have no idea why I'm wading back into this :lol: :facepalm:, but you can't possibly say this is a full foot over the line. I've made sure I've captured the moment when it's furthest 'over' just as Roos touches it back, though in the video he falls on it rather than scoops it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVtobg8Ths
From that angle you can't possibly tell if it was over the line or not, or by how far. Trust me it was well over.
I'll trust myself thank you Es...but you're right, WELL over.

All the retrospective imagery stuff is meaningless. In a flat 2D image you don't get depth perspective, you only get that in the moment itself. We were roughly at the same angle to you but on the opposite side and again, everyone round us knew instinctively it was not just over but WELL over.

What a 2D image does though is debunk the conspiracy theorists. Why the lino didn't give it?, the ball was completely obscured by Roos and the post. Why the lack of Gillingham reaction?, only their #11 was right up with play and he is square on to the ball.

The only confusion in my mind is why so many will quite happily say that black is white here. It was WELL over, we don't lose any points by being honest, so why pretend what we saw with our own eyes didn't happen.

I fully accept it's a moot point, the moment has gone, it's history. But it's never "irrelevant drivel", in any circumstance, to be honest about something that happened. Revisionism is never a path worth taking.

Agree with except as the post is on the line, if it obscured the ball then that would make it on the line surely? From block 11 it looked over.

Feb 8, 2005
STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT!!!

The Linesman didn't give a goal, the referee didn't give a goal, so it wasn't a goal.

Whether it was over the line or not is irrelevant.

Whether it was a goal is the important bit.

The linesman AND the referee say NO.

Now stop pontificating and let us all move on PLEASE?