kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote)

Will you buy the new 2015-2016 stripe shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a great choice.

Nice to see some strips very, very similar to Adam's.

A or C for me, but I need time to think.

Love C, but we had stripes this year, and the pinstripe might be lost on a cold November night at Chesterfield or Gillingham.

S

sea_green

Has to be C for me as I think dark green and black doesn't stand out enough, especially under flood lights.

Wish we could go back to the lighter emerald green as that is what I consider to be 'Argyle' green. :scarf:

Dec 20, 2011
sea_green":23v5623z said:
Has to be C for me as I think dark green and black doesn't stand out enough, especially under flood lights.

Wish we could go back to the lighter emerald green as that is what I consider to be 'Argyle' green. :scarf:
Same here! " C"

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I like them all!

Love the black shorts returning, that colour scheme IS Argyle for me.

:scarf:

Sep 23, 2005
Yes very good options this time and I wouldn't mind any of them. With black shorts and white socks we will look very smart next season.

C with the black trim is probably sneaking it for me.

Apr 28, 2013
Black shorts with green socks would probably go a bit better. Portsmouths blue and white with red socks was dreadful

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
tom16pafc":fym31fmk said:
Black shorts with green socks would probably go a bit better. Portsmouths blue and white with red socks was dreadful

I think the white socks work better with the striped shirt than the other two, with the solid (or nearly solid) green shirts I agree that green would be better, I'd also prefer black to white. I'd probably have green with the stripes as well but at least there the white socks won't look so off with that much more white in the shrit to balance them.

Sep 28, 2003
London
tom16pafc":2xzusrae said:

Those are their official club colours, which they've stuck with rather than chopping and changing on a whim like we do.

I like them.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
tom16pafc":jafiugdi said:

Oh I so disagree with you. I think it can look really cool when the socks are a third colour to complement the shirt/shorts colours - like the old Bulgaria kits white shirt, green shorts, red socks.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
The Doctor":11kcfjy5 said:
tom16pafc":11kcfjy5 said:

Oh I so disagree with you. I think it can look really cool when the socks are a third colour to complement the shirt/shorts colours - like the old Bulgaria kits white shirt, green shorts, red socks.

I would agree with you completely for any colour socks other than white, three coloured kits are great but to me, when the socks are white contrasting with the rest of the kit I find it throws the whole kit off, it looks unbalanced and unfinished, I can't really explain why but it looks more like they've got the wrong socks on than a concious design decision. It's only white socks that does this for me, white shorts and black socks would make me much happier. As I've posted before this isn't really an issue with the striped shirt as, with so much white in it already, it'll lessen the impact of the white socks. I prefer choice A as a shirt but, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll end up voting for C, even though I don't like stripes (though this is a good one) for the sake of the kit as a whole.

Jul 29, 2010
The Doctor":1sj9y3pt said:
tom16pafc":1sj9y3pt said:

Me too, green shirts, black shorts and white socks says Argyle to me. We're a club of three colours, we should use all of them, there hasn't been enough black recently.

Besides, white socks will help the 'Sarfend on a wet Wednesday brigade', not that I've ever felt it was an issue.

The need to show off our THREE colours is diminished by option C as there'll be too much white and not enough green, which is, afterall, our primary colour.

B, maybe A if we must, are the only options to properly show off our true identity. Plus they don't have the sh*tty V neck.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I seem to be one of the few who prefer B. Surely the clean simplicity of pure green shirt, pure black shorts and pure white shorts is about as Argyle as you can get? All options will look good though.