kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote)

Will you buy the new 2015-2016 stripe shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Credit to the club / puma for supplying 3 genuinely different options.
Hard pressed between A & C but C shades it for me - its the Shilton era connection

D

DBDave

For once, I'm not unhappy with any of the choices. They all look quite good although B is a bit bland. However, because I'm a stickler for detail I went with B as the other two just don't quite sit right with me. See how the logos don't quite fit in the lines properly, this might only be a draft design but I don't trust Argyle or Puma to notice and amend it on the final product, or care enough about it for that matter. A tad OCD I know but I just prefer balanced, symmetrical kits that look professional and well designed. (See previous rants about this years kit!)

May 22, 2006
Not keen on white pinstripe. Black pinstripe was good when we had a sensible shade of green. C is a repeat of the Sunday Independent shirt. I've just put that shirt next to the current kit and with the lighter green it's much nicer (the old one).

Although C is similar to this season's, it's probably the best of the three. With the dark green and black shorts, we'll need some white just to see the players under floodlights. The similarity may have an impact on sales.

Are we assuming that the sponsors stay the same? Looks fine with the current logo but may want a rethink if we went back to something like the red blob.

A

Alderney Green

A just shades it for me, don't like the collar on option C.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I lean towards C as it means I can probably get away with buying it and just wearing last season's. I don't mind A or B but really not tempted to buy any of them right now.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Has to be C.
A & B would be too dark during winter evenings, and those who already have this years kit can still wear it and not look so out of place. Some children only get the kits for Christmas so don't get to stay in them for very long these days!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
If option c is chosen, I think they should have a sub-poll where we can decide if we would prefer a v-neck or a collar.

I'm sure it wouldn't take much altering to change that part if needs be.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Slightly better options and happy with the return of black but the shade of green is just horrendous. Hoping it is better in the flesh than on PC monitor, the shade seems to get duller each year :banghead:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I definitely do not want a collar. Collars on football shirts are horrible. They make the shirt look like a polo shirt (i.e. horrible and SO un-cool).
Round neck is better than V neck I think.

Sep 6, 2006
Here's a shock. How about keeping this season's kit?
And why no vote on the away kit? As others have said there are 3 colours used by Argyle so WHY do we have to play in an anaemic anonymous unArgyle blue or yellow? Does that really sell shirts?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Option 3 for me although it would look better with a collar

Jul 29, 2010
Emu":1bip16vn said:
If option c is chosen, I think they should have a sub-poll where we can decide if we would prefer a v-neck or a collar.

I'm sure it wouldn't take much altering to change that part if needs be.

Not that I like C, at all, for the reasons given, that'd make commercial sense as V neck's don't work so well as leisureware. And let's be honest that's what people buy them for.

It's odd why one has a V neck and the others have a round neck. Just throwing it out there but the reason could be cost. I seem to recall when this years stripes were offered as an alternative it came with a higher price. Maybe the V neck brings the cost down to the same level as A & B.

If my suspicions are correct any option C round neck v V neck sub poll would come with the same 'it'll cost a couple of quid more' caviat.

But with no whiff of round neck being an option, a vote for C is a vote for V neck :thumbdown:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just picture Option B with the black shorts though!

Can someone do a mock up? :)