Luke Young | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pedro91":1lxrx6ix said:
IJN":1lxrx6ix said:
Luke had enquiries from a couple of clubs apparently, one North and one East, but have a feeling he wanted to be near his home and his family.

Lovely lad, smashing bloke and hope it all ends up well for him.
Unlikely to have had offers from clubs South or West :lol:

:greensmile:

I give nothing away did I Baz?

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
Genuinely thought he'd be good enough to get a decent offer from a league team.

Dropping down a division is a backward step and i'd be concerned for him that once out of the football league, its very difficult to get back in.

At his age and stage in his career, he should be looking to play at a high a standard as possible.

Good signing for Torquay mind.

I phrased that poorly. Didn't mean to say many on here, many English lower-league managers.

Luke Young isn't comparable to Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling, Craig Noone because he isn't quick like those three are. The point I'm making is that he was one of the more technically gifted members of the squad. He's a bit lightweight and inconsistent (although not as inconsistent as people are saying - between October-March of last season he was consistently good-to-very-good, in my opinion) - but he's only 21. He might have made 99 appearances but that's mainly because he was thrust into our admin team when we had no one else. It's very early days in his footballing development, especially for a passing midfielder like him. He was only going to bulk up and cut out the silly mistakes with age.

I think it's a shame that his talents weren't valued and I do believe I player of his style would be better suited to playing on the Continent. A lot of managers do seem to value players whose strengths are purely physical than technical players.

And I do think Young would have succeeded playing in a three-man midfield: he's not really a 4-4-2 player. A three of Cox, Hourihane and Young in central midfield would be good enough for promotion from this division in my opinion. Superior to a Cox, Hourihane and Blizzard trio.

NB. I think the concerns that Young doesn't have the mentality to succeed or push himself out of his comfort zone could be valid.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Heard he had an offer from Scunthorpe so i was a little surprised to see him end up at Torquay, but at the same time, it always seemed like a good fit from him there and he wouldn't have to relocate, makes sense.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
They are only keeping him warm for a year until we want him again. Good luck and enjoy the English riveria

Dec 28, 2010
Surprised he didnt choose to sign for a football league club but can understand he decision to sign for Torquay United, its close to family and friends and sometimes you take a step back before taking a giant leap forward. Luke will proberly turn out to be Torquay's best player next season and can use that as a sping board to attract better clubs that were maybe offering him a contract since leaving us.

Good luck Luke