Mansfield v Argyle match thread & chatroom | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mansfield v Argyle match thread & chatroom

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A bad day. A defeat, Argyle fans fighting amongst themselves and even Sparksy and Errington were poor. Oh well, time to start another run of unbeaten games.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Please please no knee jerks. Unbeaten runs have to end sometime - chalk it off and move on.
PL2 3DQ":20d12yl3 said:
A bad day. A defeat, Argyle fans fighting amongst themselves and even Sparksy and Errington were poor. Oh well, time to start another run of unbeaten games.
:thumbup:

Mar 14, 2009
derbygreen":2b33nwtg said:
I was really hoping for at least a point today. Come on GREENS!

Or maybe the trouble is we were EXPECTING at least a point.... I suppose when results pick up so does your hopes.

I know are in a good league position but I've never been convinced we are one of the top sides because of

1. Unable to come from behind and win games

2. No goals from midfield

3. When 3-5-2 doesn't work, we don't play well with any other formation - mainly due to lack of width and wingers/wide men in the squad

4. We don't play that well away from home. Our general play seems to be scrappy and any decent spells in games are brief.

People were getting carried away about promotion. We are much better than we have been in years because of the better players we have but there are glaring reasons why games like today keeping on occurring!

I'm probably one of the rare greens who thinks we are a top 10 side league 2 but that we might just scrap into a play-off place come the end of the season. I don't believe in our manager and his tactics. We have the odd good games but this league is terrible. If a side like Wycombe, with a very small squad as stated by Ainsworth, can go from almost relegated the year before to, top of the pile, then I believe the standard is very poor. There is no swagger about Argyle. We are functional side who has a decent forward for this level and an outstanding GK. It why we are always competitive in games even when we play so bad. Too many times I watch Argyle and think how poor their passing is. We might get more scrappy wins because of our good defence but it only masks some of the areas Sheridan neglects. Playing O'Connor, Cox and Blizzard in midfield when they don't have the engines to get up and down to support the forwards makes our midfield so basic. They are all too similar.

Its a good season so far but I do feel we are in a false position. Sheridan's recruitment of players has been generally good. Its just his tactics and ability to change games when the tide is against us that constantly will hold us back I believe throughout the season.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2v4eogoi said:
derbygreen":2v4eogoi said:
I was really hoping for at least a point today. Come on GREENS!

Or maybe the trouble is we were EXPECTING at least a point.... I suppose when results pick up so does your hopes.

I know are in a good league position but I've never been convinced we are one of the top sides because of

1. Unable to come from behind and win games

2. No goals from midfield

3. When 3-5-2 doesn't work, we don't play well with any other formation - mainly due to lack of width and wingers/wide men in the squad

4. We don't play that well away from home. Our general play seems to be scrappy and any decent spells in games are brief.

People were getting carried away about promotion. We are much better than we have been in years because of the better players we have but there are glaring reasons why games like today keeping on occurring!
:yawn:

I'm sure you only come on here when we lose

Feb 2, 2007
Reminds me of Accrington away, where we missed the odd sitter. Losing to another very poor team, disappointing!

Jul 29, 2010
PilgrimLew":2um1xb3l said:
Going to give Pasoti a miss tonight see you chaps in a couple days....

Yup, last week we conducted ourselves fantastically both on and off the pitch as a club. This week brings the ying to that yang.

We'll lose games, that's inevitable, I can rationalise that but few others will.

I thought we'd ditched the chugnut f*ckwits in the stands that attached themselves to Argyle on their travels though, that I can't shrug off so easily. Wanchors.

Both issues however will cause the site to disappear up it's own 'arris til Monday morning so I'll join you at the bar Lew, my round, whatya 'avin?

Jul 1, 2006
One goal / the odd goal - enough to beat Argyle - again. 45 second-half minutes + S T - not enough for Argyle to come-back. This is a very disappointing day on and off the pitch!!