New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Nov 12, 2008
Weston
Yes let's bite the hand that feeds us especially such an owner who has shown his worth over the years glad he doesn't let the negative get to him

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
luckycoopertupac":y316ym61 said:
Yes let's bite the hand that feeds us especially such an owner who has shown his worth over the years glad he doesn't let the negative get to him
There's more to it than just that.

People are questioning the real motives and medium impact of future development issues within the club and surrounding lands.

Freedom of speech and ability to ask questions should be welcomed not shot down instantly because some can see no wrong through the ultra green tinted glasses.

It's all about seeing the bigger picture now and in the future. What's done is done with regards to JB saving the club and I don't think there is 1 person who isn't grateful for that but that alone shouldn't deter people from asking questions on things they see as possible issues.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Tugboat":3kb8hpnj said:
luckycoopertupac":3kb8hpnj said:

People are questioning the real motives and medium impact of future development issues within the club and surrounding lands.

Freedom of speech and ability to ask questions should be welcomed not shot down instantly because some can see no wrong through the ultra green tinted glasses.

It's all about seeing the bigger picture now and in the future. What's done is done with regards to JB saving the club and I don't think there is 1 person who isn't grateful for that but that alone shouldn't deter people from asking questions on things they see as possible issues.

I sometimes wonder if Argyle fans deserve to still have a club or if it shouldn't have just died all those years ago. Then I remember that the people who constantly snipe are in the minority. Brent is the owner, he is a businessman, he will do business. He could also just walk away. Which would you prefer?

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
metroace":3dwvgf3y said:
Tugboat":3dwvgf3y said:
luckycoopertupac":3dwvgf3y said:

I sometimes wonder if Argyle fans deserve to still have a club or if it shouldn't have just died all those years ago. Then I remember that the people who constantly snipe are in the minority. Brent is the owner, he is a businessman, he will do business. He could also just walk away. Which would you prefer?

But he's not going to walk away is he! Look at the plans again.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
metroace":c99o7ldq said:
Tugboat":c99o7ldq said:
luckycoopertupac":c99o7ldq said:

I think he will walk away once the planning side for non PAFC commercial units are approved.

Oct 24, 2010
I don't understand the problem with some posters. James Brent is a businessman and would-be property developer and he owns a parcel of land he wants to develop, what on earth is remotely sinister about that. The only issue for us is the effect on the planning application but by now his representatives would have had extensive discussions with PCC planning department so I doubt very much this will be an issue.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":iahfevia said:
metroace":iahfevia said:
Tugboat":iahfevia said:
luckycoopertupac":iahfevia said:

I think he will walk away once the planning side for non PAFC commercial units are approved.

I for one would be most interested to hear your rationale for thinking that JB will cut and run after Consent has been achieved. Perhaps you could enlighten us all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new development with the hotel and restaurants will be ideal for away fans, especially those with families, and exiled Argyle fans coming down for a game.

An overnight stay in the hotel with an evening meal, swimming or ice skating on Saturday morning followed by an Argyle game.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":uambk2d8 said:
The new development with the hotel and restaurants will be ideal for away fans, especially those with families, and exiled Argyle fans coming down for a game.

An overnight stay in the hotel with an evening meal, swimming or ice skating on Saturday morning followed by an Argyle game.

Also works hand in hand with conferencing events Posty

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quintrell_Green":3r7yh7l7 said:
Tugboat":3r7yh7l7 said:
metroace":3r7yh7l7 said:
Tugboat":3r7yh7l7 said:
luckycoopertupac":3r7yh7l7 said:

I for one would be most interested to hear your rationale for thinking that JB will cut and run after Consent has been achieved. Perhaps you could enlighten us all.
My opinion. Nothing more.

I think he came in for to take over the club (albeit last resort) at a good deal that required him to actively renegotiate the debt, provide stability and give the club direction again to enable the creditors to settle the finance. Bravo to Brent and well done on the job so far.

I've had doubts on the other side of his dealings. Nothing malicious and probably nothing he is doing or planning can be perceived as wrong BUT I've always maintained that he has bigger plans on what he does best which is developing run down business's turning them into profitable solutions and PAFC is no different. Out of PAFC he now owns the immediate land, the car park and from that has a foot in the door for development on that land and now transpires other land around Central Park becomes part of the original planning of the mayflower redevelopment as an add on. From this original plan of a new grandstand comes a new ice rink, a new hotel, new commercial units and a new opportunity to fulfill his ultimate plan of pulling down the pavilions to make way for a new hotel.

Now SH is onboard I see him as the future landlord of the club with JB parting ways to start his next venture.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Biggs":zohg33od said:
So Grumpy Loyal doesn't want to go because an argument won't be productive, then insists he doesn't argue...

If indeed he is pretty mellow in real life, then a grown up conversation with JB at the fans forum will be productive for both him and others with valid concerns, and put to rest any question of him being purely a keyboard warrior.

This is all rather amusing.

Listen, the sort of argument you're putting forward is that all a lifelong Labour supporter should do, is rock up at a Tory convention, listen to what they have to say, and hey presto all of a sudden you're a Tory!

I don't need to go and listen to Brents propaganda. I know precisely what his plans are!

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Tugboat":3j1e3mls said:
Quintrell_Green":3j1e3mls said:
metroace":3j1e3mls said:
luckycoopertupac":3j1e3mls said:

My opinion. Nothing more.

I think he came in for to take over the club (albeit last resort) at a good deal that required him to actively renegotiate the debt, provide stability and give the club direction again to enable the creditors to settle the finance. Bravo to Brent and well done on the job so far.

I've had doubts on the other side of his dealings. Nothing malicious and probably nothing he is doing or planning can be perceived as wrong BUT I've always maintained that he has bigger plans on what he does best which is developing run down business's turning them into profitable solutions and PAFC is no different. Out of PAFC he now owns the immediate land, the car park and from that has a foot in the door for development on that land and now transpires other land around Central Park becomes part of the original planning of the mayflower redevelopment as an add on. From this original plan of a new grandstand comes a new ice rink, a new hotel, new commercial units and a new opportunity to fulfill his ultimate plan of pulling down the pavilions to make way for a new hotel.

Now SH is onboard I see him as the future landlord of the club with JB parting ways to start his next venture.

I agree, SH will be in place. But he has invested his own money into the club, so fair play to him.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Grumpy Loyal":3ckntwoi said:
Biggs":3ckntwoi said:
So Grumpy Loyal doesn't want to go because an argument won't be productive, then insists he doesn't argue...

If indeed he is pretty mellow in real life, then a grown up conversation with JB at the fans forum will be productive for both him and others with valid concerns, and put to rest any question of him being purely a keyboard warrior.

Listen, the sort of argument you're putting forward is that all a lifelong Labour supporter should do, is rock up at a Tory convention, listen to what they have to say, and hey presto all of a sudden you're a Tory!

I don't need to go and listen to Brents propaganda. I know precisely what his plans are!

I thought this was a Plymouth Argyle fans forum, and that you were a Plymouth Argyle fan.

If you think it's propaganda, call him out on it. JB isn't there to read out a speech to a bunch of nodding sycophants (if we're using the Tory convention analogy) and bugger off home, it's a forum of discussion that will be broadcast and your views may be picked up on by others.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Biggs":18lh1kzd said:
The Grumpy Loyal":18lh1kzd said:
Biggs":18lh1kzd said:

I thought this was a Plymouth Argyle fans forum, and that you were a Plymouth Argyle fan.

If you think it's propaganda, call him out on it. JB isn't there to read out a speech to a bunch of nodding sycophants (if we're using the Tory convention analogy) and bugger off home, it's a forum of discussion that will be broadcast and your views may be picked up on by others.

Much easier to sit at home and do it away from JB. Facebook is full of this behaviour too. Those with true concerns should want them heard by the right people. Can't see how they wouldn't want that. If they can't do it without reducing it to an argument, pity on them.