Next season's strip. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's strip.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Anything but puma, was good to notice on Jervis on Sunday that the crap sold in the shop is a genuine replica with the badge hanging off his shirt in the first 5mins
For me i liked the all green kit with green shorts and socks agreed if white shorts needs to be green socks at home hate white socks
Away it has to be the white banded kit

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
justanotherfan":3nk5whhq said:
Excellent post x-isle, so pleased to see you managed to curtail your propensity for excessively long posts, short and to the point at last :greensmile: , that said, the only thing that we would disagree on is the shade of green. I feel that under UK lighting conditions a solid, dark green shirt, allied to black shorts would be harder to pick out, the option of a quick pass could be jeapordised, both by not being instantly able to pick out a player,also a matter of depth perception. Notwithstanding these points, I would welcome a shirt strategy that incorporated all your points, including accepting whichever green prove more popular with the majority. We the fans should be the only ones to have a say in the shirt, not the club nor the supplier, after we are the only ones who actually purchase said garments. If they want to sell shed loads then give us what we want.
According to the players of that era, the precise reason Allison went for predominately white was so that they could see each other more easily. Indeed, from the start of 1959-60 they went for a predominately white sock,with just green and black hoops at the top, because the players could not pick out their team-mates legs against the grass.

Jul 29, 2010
Surely to goodness being unable to see the lower half of someone's legs isn't a problem.

If their lower legs aren't directly below their, heads, arms, torso, abdomen and upper legs then something has gone seriously wrong and the match will be abandoned anyway.

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I would like to see Argyle actually make a permanent decision on the club identity.

Green..Pick the right shade
Shirt..decide if its going to stripes or all green
decide on color of shorts and socks

stick with it, with only slight variations eg trim on collar or width of stripes.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
X Isle":25tt8315 said:
Surely to goodness being unable to see the lower half of someone's legs isn't a problem.

If their lower legs aren't directly below their, heads, arms, torso, abdomen and upper legs then something has gone seriously wrong and the match will be abandoned anyway.
Don't shoot the messenger. I can only report what I heard from full time professional players. It was explained to me that the sock change in 1959 was because players at that level don't always look up (how often have we moaned about that!!) to shirt level or have to do things in a split-second and need every tiny advantage they can get. I never played the game at that level so don't fully understand, but I have learned that in the absence of personal experience I listen and learn from people who know more than me!

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
That explains why the FA went through a faze some years ago about players keeping their socks pulled up and not doing a David Kemp spending most of the match with socks around his ankles. I remember thinking at the time that some folk have nothing better to do than make up stupid rules but it stands to reason.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
I wonder if there is any common theme, colour shade, design etc which would stand out if all the post war promotion kits were compared to indicate any particular advantage. I appreciate the 'turd polishing' aspects of this thought process but when we are currently the best in League 2 and could carry a firm nucleus of this side into next season that definitely does not apply. Or am I just being silly? :oops:

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
keepthefaith70":3f944g8c said:
Apologies for same old rant
But...
1 Emerald green for me is Argyle green. The current green is so dark its in danger of being black. As I have said so many times before - the dark green was imposed undemocratically by the Stapleton board with no consultation.
2. Home kit for me should be green/black stripes, black shorts , black/green hoop socks. The iconic 60's white away would look great
3. Failing that if its a solid green (emerald!) shirt, please can we have white shorts and black socks. I absolutely hate white socks with the home shirt.
4. Agree there is no need for a random away colour

Second this.

Not too keen on the 60s 'band' kit but at least it would keep the older fans happy :)

The white away kit from our championship days with green sleeves was pretty smart too.

May 22, 2006
According to Bob, the shade is to be 'Puma Argyle Green'.

Sounds like those of us wanting a lighter shade / emerald green are going to be disappointed again.