Next season's strip. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's strip.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pastiesforlife":8wark9ks said:
According to Bob, the shade is to be 'Puma Argyle Green'.

Sounds like those of us wanting a lighter shade / emerald green are going to be disappointed again.

To be fair, whenever we run polls on here about which colour green, the darks have always shaded it (if you excuse he pun).

Jul 29, 2010
Bermudian Green":153q28bu said:
I wonder if DA has been asked his opinion? If we thinks that playing in pink and lime green stripes will give us an advantage (as it surely would), then that is what we should be doing.
No, we shouldn't.

Sep 30, 2004
Paven":1dkqnil9 said:
The home kit being considered is either an Argyle green with black pin stripe, or an Argyle green that fades in colour from top to bottom.

The most popular seems to head to the classic mid to late 1960’s design. This would be predominantly white, but with a band around the chest bearing the club crest and incorporating green and black.

I rather liked that one,back in the Bickle/Piper days,gets my vote.(the predominantly white one)

B

Baby Face Johnson

Were the two guys who designed the kits on here invited to be part of the process?

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
gandalf_the_green":jnumd61s said:
Paven":jnumd61s said:
The home kit being considered is either an Argyle green with black pin stripe, or an Argyle green that fades in colour from top to bottom.

The most popular seems to head to the classic mid to late 1960’s design. This would be predominantly white, but with a band around the chest bearing the club crest and incorporating green and black.

I rather liked that one,back in the Bickle/Piper days,gets my vote.(the predominantly white one)

Iconic strip I know but it's virtually all white. We play in green!

Sep 30, 2004
Bernie Bernbaum":28s5big9 said:
gandalf_the_green":28s5big9 said:
Paven":28s5big9 said:

Iconic strip I know but it's virtually all white. We play in green!

I'm not a fan of green Bernie,the less the better.

Sep 23, 2005
gandalf_the_green":3l1lqzcg said:
Paven":3l1lqzcg said:

Just bought one of those retro shirts from the club shop and it looks great. Fine for us oldies who have fond memories of it first time around but not so sure whether it would be universally popular with the young uns?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
jollygreenjohn":3v4ahkd5 said:
gandalf_the_green":3v4ahkd5 said:
Paven":3v4ahkd5 said:

Just bought one of those retro shirts from the club shop and it looks great. Fine for us oldies who have fond memories of it first time around but not so sure whether it would be universally popular with the young uns?

Well wear the Green 'away' version then. Both home & away were great!! :thumbs:

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
Our colour is green. I don't see why both home and away kits can't be green. One should be dark green and black and the alternative should be light green and white. That way as well, people who argue about what is Argyle green get what they want.

When we play a team who wear dark shirts (blue, black) we can wear light and when we play light teams (red, white, yellow) we can wear dark.

Jul 29, 2010
One green, and one green only.

You can't have a recognisable identity with two. Besides the light one would have to be soooo pale to make a meaningful contrast that it'd be 'hint of green'.

There isn't to be a change of green this time, we're told. But if it was on the table the only other option would be the slightly lighter but slightly brighter emerald green. There would be no historical context in introducing lime greens or mint greens.

'Argyle' green and emerald green would not prdouce sufficient contrast to do as you suggest.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Only just read X Isle's post on page 3 and I couldn't agree more on the home kit - Green. Just Green bar a little bit of trim. Stripes are not trim, they are an aberration. Think about it, are Man Utd/City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea or Everton going to roll out a striped shirt next season?

Sadly, I disagree on the away kit as white/black/green every year isn't going to sell BUT it should include GREEN. White with green, Black with green, yellow with green. One of the reasons the Tangergreen was so popular was it had green in it (and we always won!). No lilac. No champagne.

May 21, 2010
taunton
Silly question, but when did all this away kit carry on start. I can see why, maybe? But I can't remember away kits in the 70s. Was it mainly for the television?