No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21)

L

lewjam14

who cares about who we play in pre-season games anyway? its only for the manager to see what hes got and for the players to get match fit. last time draw 2-2 with weymouth and finished in the play offs?

Jan 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Balham_Green":551rtm37 said:
Pilgrim97":551rtm37 said:
As long as the squad gets match practise and fitness. Does it really matter?

And Martyn Starnes is our MD. He's running the business side of the club so the finger shouldn't be pointing at him.

So we could play against a P & D League side then? And if we had no manager who should have organised it? Not too much effort to get Starnes to pick up the phone is it? Not rocket science.

Well if no manager was in place, the first team coaches, as they are the ones who work with the players, should take the responsibility.

Bit unfair as you seem to just look for a reason to blame someone for something.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Knarf Reprah":p90yz3gk said:
Graham Evans":p90yz3gk said:
July 8th and still absolutely nothing . Not very good is it.
so what? As long as the team is prepared for the start of the season who cares?

Agreed.

I don't understand why people get so annoyed by this. We could line up home friendlies against Bayern, Paris SG, and Barcelona, and it wouldn't mean necessarily that it would prepare us for a successful season.

Surely pre-season is purely about building fitness and working out general shape.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Ollieargyle9":3aivybyw said:
If one or two get sorted over the coming days then job done, it only becomes an issue if we get nothing sorted and go into the season without any proper practice against a decent team, no need to panic just yet.

We have had decent home games in the last few preseasons and performed ok, yet the season has been terrible, no big panics about lack of a game from me

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Torquay and Forest Green will be our most testing opposition this pre-season; I'm using testing in this loosest sense of the word when we don't have a tricky home friendly to follow it up with. Poorly done, Argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club did say last week there would be a home pre-season game on Saturday 1st August. That's now obviously not going to happen.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree Doc.

Tis strange though. I wonder if this is because the Manager and the Club Secretary have left. Sort of fell down the gap so to speak.

Every friendly I've attended were boring and meaningless. If you get beat 0-5 you can worry about it (with due cause) if you win 5-0 you can get cocky for about ten minutes, but nothing else really.

However, it's always a good idea to give your home fans a glimpse of the new team/players/strip I would have thought.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
It matters to me. I'm not going to be able to travel to the places in north Devon, and it isn't the first team coming to Truro, only an Argyle XI, so a home game was going to be the only friendly I would attend before the season when I can get all excited about the new kit, the new players etc... Now I'll have to wait or Pompey at home.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep not the best PR Liam that's for sure, but I would think they are aware of the annoyance caused.