No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21)

Aug 10, 2006
ealinggreen":3fw8ubhn said:
ealinggreen":3fw8ubhn said:
pilgrimage":3fw8ubhn said:
FFS they are looking to get 2 more games. Stop bloody moaning until we know what's happening.

Are you being serious,The manager is more upset than any of us.It is amateur and sums up Argyle in it's present form.

As I said an embarrassing situation and the manager is fuming about it.It is attitudes like yours accepting anything as alright that causes situations like this.Argyle in many ways are being run like a Conferance North club.Behind the scenes need a kick up the arse.
I think the club always has been run like that did nobody not learn anything from our time in the championship.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
I think our pre season looks ok. Some decent opposition in there. Can't see nothing wrong with the sides were playing. Who says playing higher division sides will do us any good? We could do with a home friendly but it's not essential.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
spowell92":kijbk06v said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":kijbk06v said:
If Argyle can find decent opposition for sat 25th then I believe pre-season fixtures wont be so bad as you have Torquay and Forest Green for a good test away from home. The key is sat 25th...

I remember Swansea game very well. You could see McHugh at LB and it was the first concern. You could see what a decent side they were, especially Sigurosson with that quality free kick.

It gives you a glimpse of your team, even against opposition you are much better/worse than and allows you to experiment which I imagine Swansea did with certain players in particular positions! So I dare say Gary Monk learnt a few things that helped him taking him into the new season.

Yeah I thought Jonjo Shelvey was absolutely fantastic! We also signed Alex Bray off the back of that game, although that one didn't work out too well. I also thought that Gomis up front was crap and that he'd struggle in the Prem, but to be fair he found his form by the end of the season.

I distinctly remember Jonjo Shelvey looking like he did not want to be there. Everytime he was on the ball he sidefooted it as if he was taking the p*ss, thing was every pass went astray and he ended up looking like a clown, I've never seen anything quite like it.

I'm surprised others felt he could be bothered at all let alone played fantastically :shocked:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Really? I thought he and his midfield partner (I think it was Ki?) absolutely bossed it with total ease. He may not have looked bothered to you, but it seemed to me that he just did everything so effortlessly yet so efficiently. Their ball retention was second to none, to say he kept losing possession is totally false from my memory of the match. Siggurdson lit the match up though, what a player he is.

C

Cobi Budge.

Surprised you think that Ollie. I also thought Shelvey was exceptional , totally ran the game, also remember him coming over to the Lyndhurst during the warm up to sign autographs.

Sigurðsson was something else though.

Sep 6, 2006
CornishPaul":tv55sdbn said:
I think our pre season looks ok. Some decent opposition in there. Can't see nothing wrong with the sides were playing. Who says playing higher division sides will do us any good? We could do with a home friendly but it's not essential.

Decent opposition - the best we have got is Forest Green? :funny: Which planet are you on?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
CornishPaul":2txh9lzu said:

I cannot quite go along with that. I agree there is nowt 'wrong' with the teams we propose to play as 'friendlies', but they do not on paper 'stretch' Argyle. I am sure DA would want to see how the team/squad, perform/react to superior competition. It is important for him to identify whose shoulders slump, and who has a broom up their back bone, when they might be losing 0-3 after 30 minutes play.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Notwithstanding the quality of the opposition which, on the face of it, is pretty poor by football league standards,this must be the first time in many a year that argyle have not had a pre season friendly at home.Where the fans can not only preview the new kit but also the new signings,,,pretty poor show from argyle if this turns out to be the case,,,,,,,,,

I know tis usually not the case, by why could we not a play a lower-league team at Home Park? It mainly about getting money for smaller clubs, or just that we wouldn't fill the stadium much, because consensus here seems many would go regardless of who we play

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Why not come to a financial agreement with Torquay and switch the Plainmoor game to Home Park?
Torquay have three home games lined up for pre-season.
Bristol City still have no game on our preferred date of 25 July, have they been asked?

Exeter are hosting Bournemouth and Sheffield United.

Jan 3, 2013
Bermudian Green":102c4i1h said:
Balham_Green":102c4i1h said:
Decent opposition - the best we have got is Forest Green? :funny: Which planet are you on?

You're not big on politeness, are you Balham? :greensmile:
hes always like it. He'll grow up one day

Jun 8, 2014
Knarf Reprah":9he9jokg said:
Bermudian Green":9he9jokg said:
Balham_Green":9he9jokg said:

You're not big on politeness, are you Balham? :greensmile:
hes always like it. He'll grow up one day

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.. :problem: