Norburn signs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norburn signs

C

Cobi Budge.

If it's a replacement for Young, then I'm happy, similar ability just more presence and more of an athlete.

If it's a replacement for Hourihane, then I'm not so happy.

However, I get the feeling Sheridan is considering a 3 man midfield this season and we are yet to sign the third player in it.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I think JS said before that he was not looking for a straight replacement for CH so I expect that Norburn and Cox to be our main central midfielders. Probably play a 4-2-3-1 system which well probably suit our squad. Welcome to Ollie and hopefully we well develop his potential.

Nov 22, 2006
Welcome to the club Ollie, bit happier now we have found Cox a capable partner in the centre of midfield really looking forward to the new season we've made some decent additions we have an attack capable of scoring goals could be a good season

A

alex-d

Think something like this could work well. Solid spine with pace and Banton played a similar central midfield role at the back end of last season well so effectively it becomes a 3 man central midfield.

McCormick,

Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Purrington

Cox, Norburn

Smalley Banton Alessandra

Reid

B

Benji1

Good team taking shape

With Subs Bittner/McHugh/Thomas/Allen/Morgan/HarveyLecointe

Jun 8, 2014
If we're going with what we've got, then;

McCormick

Cox

Smalley, Thomas

Banton

Reid, Alessandra

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Paven":b0ezzqs6 said:

McCormick

Cox

Smalley, Thomas

Banton

Reid, Alessandra
Have you seen Norburn play? Not sure why you're so against him before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pafcintheplace":1g8muca4 said:
It hasn't taken Shez too long to make up his mind, nor Norburn for that matter. A good sign.

Hopefully as much ability as Luke Young, but greater stature, and the temperament to fulfil his potential.

Any news on length of contract?

I would have thought all the difficult decision making fell on JS rather than young Norburn, who was unattached and anxious to gain a contract in League Football. As for Paven's use of English, my 2 inch thick dictionary does not carry such an adjective as 'pimpish' but does so for the noun 'pimp'. What connection either Luke Young or our new Norburn has with a person who solicits clients for a prostitute or brothel as a midfielder, I fail to understand?

Jun 8, 2014
Steve.PAFC2012":1bzg12bw said:
Paven":1bzg12bw said:

McCormick

Cox

Smalley, Thomas

Banton

Reid, Alessandra
Have you seen Norburn play? Not sure why you're so against him before he's even kicked a ball for us.

I'm not necessarily against him, I haven't got McHugh or Bittner in them.. Am I against them? Of course not, I've just gone for what I feel will be our best 11

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
alex-d":24io5nk3 said:
Think something like this could work well. Solid spine with pace and Banton played a similar central midfield role at the back end of last season well so effectively it becomes a 3 man central midfield.

McCormick,

Cox, Norburn

Reid

This, although I think McHugh could get the nod over Purrington (unfortunately)

C

Cobi Budge.

I'd probably start Thomas over Smalley, he'll be a big player for us this season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
An advantage of that 4-2-3-1 formation is that we have cover for the midfield 2 in the shape of Blizzard and Wotton and there is plenty of flexibility as far as the forward 4 are concerned (Thomas, Banton, Alessandra, Smalley, Lecointre, Harvey in the 3 and Reid, Morgan, Alessandra, Smalley as the 1).

Norburn doesn't seem like the most exciting or obvious signing but Sheridan has done what looks like a good job with his signings this summer so fingers crossed this turns out to be a good one too I'd never heard of him before he came on trial but then I have never heard of most of the players in League 2 teams who come to Home Park and look at least as good as Argyle.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Pasties and Cider":1ythmn4s said:
alex-d":1ythmn4s said:

McCormick,

Cox, Norburn

Reid

This, although I think McHugh could get the nod over Purrington (unfortunately)

This too. Hourihane would appear a loss but if Cox and Norburn as a pair are stronger than Hourihane and Young or AN Other from last season then OK. The back 4 looks stronger as do our attacking options. With the loan market still available I am cautiously optimistic right now.