Norburn signs | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norburn signs

Quintrell_Green":1bb8lpz5 said:
As for Paven's use of English, my 2 inch thick dictionary does not carry such an adjective as 'pimpish' but does so for the noun 'pimp'. What connection either Luke Young or our new Norburn has with a person who solicits clients for a prostitute or brothel as a midfielder, I fail to understand?

Ahh, that's a good point. Pimpish it may well mean. I thought he might have meant "pimplish", as in acne-ridden youth.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Steve.PAFC2012":3bjgamr7 said:
Argylegames":3bjgamr7 said:
There was a guy called Puncheon that most Argyle fans thought was crepe - now where did he end up?
A lot of posters wrote off Bolasie as well and Cobi and a few others said Mason wouldn't make it.
:thumbup:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Inital reaction is really happy, think Sheridan has done a good job in the off season, I was just thinking we need another central midfielder if possible and then we're done, so yeah really happy.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Two sitting midfielders is all very well but who is going to score the goals from central midfield then....or are we not playing that this season.

Jul 29, 2010
oddball":3lvpl4dt said:
Two sitting midfielders is all very well but who is going to score the goals from central midfield then....or are we not playing that this season.

Sorry, why must we score goals from central midfield?

If they're doing all the 'minding' allowing the wingers and strikers to do their thing then they'll do the bulk of the scoring. Couldn't give a stuff where the goals come from, it's the 'goals for' tally for Plymouth Argyle that matters.

Mar 23, 2008
From the 45 mins I saw at Tavi, I'm not surprised he's been signed and am pleased. There's a good player there, like many other young players it's all about application and attitude. Connor got his right and has stepped up, the likes of Thomas and Norburn are punts but have great potential and a bit of swagger. Will be fascinating how the season developes for those two in particular, welcome on board Oliver.

xyz

Aug 5, 2012
Cobi Budge.":1oaiap75 said:
Reading through the Rovers forum, many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field but no mention of it on their forum for legal reasons.

Hopefully he's a reformed character.

What do you mean like drink driving and going to prison for 18 months?? Not everyone deserves a second chance in your eyes then Cobi, just select few... :doh:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Surprised he's signed before tonight's friendly.

I would have liked to have seen him play another 75-80 minutes before signing him on but in JS we trust.

xyz

Aug 5, 2012
Deacster":30ogsa2w said:
From the 45 mins I saw at Tavi, I'm not surprised he's been signed and am pleased. There's a good player there, like many other young players it's all about application and attitude. Connor got his right and has stepped up, the likes of Thomas and Norburn are punts but have great potential and a bit of swagger. Will be fascinating how the season developes for those two in particular, welcome on board Oliver.

:thumbup: me to Deacster - I was impressed with him at Tavistock and am pleased with this signing, its seems a lot of fans have a habit of writing off new players without even seeing them kick a ball

Jul 29, 2010
Tugboat":b1pq6cjl said:

I would have liked to have seen him play another 75-80 minutes before signing him on but in JS we trust.

So might other teams scouts though. Sheridan has seen plenty more than any of us have so it's his call and I like a gaffer who knows what he's looking for and gets it done quickly.

Jan 3, 2013
It was Tavistock FFS you can't judge a player in that sort of standard. With apologies to Tavistock who were a lovely friendly club

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":2h5hc9dn said:
Tugboat":2h5hc9dn said:

So might other teams scouts though. Sheridan has seen plenty more than any of us have so it's his call and I like a gaffer who knows what he's looking for and gets it done quickly.

I hope so X.

Always a little cagey with players we haven't heard a lot about before or players released from similar sized clubs in this league.

Like I said I trust the man who makes the decision and he must have seen something he liked about the boy but 1 more friendly against our strongest pre season game to date would have given him a slightly better judgment.

C

Cobi Budge.

xyz":36i4v5vx said:
Cobi Budge.":36i4v5vx said:
Reading through the Rovers forum, many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field but no mention of it on their forum for legal reasons.

Hopefully he's a reformed character.

What do you mean like drink driving and going to prison for 18 months?? Not everyone deserves a second chance in your eyes then Cobi, just select few... :doh:

Well you've clearly taken something from my post that didn't exist.

When did I oppose his signing or say he doesn't deserve a second chance?