Norburn signs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norburn signs

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Hourihane was far more effective as an attacking MF player; as a defensive one he was OK but without great impact.
If we have Banton firing this season (let's face it he didn't last season after his return) then he is a more than adequate replacement of attacking flair than Conor H.
Cox and Norburn will anchor in front of the back 4 far more effectively than Hourihane and Blizzard, you would think.
So even before any further additions in CM, things are looking up. The grey cloud of Hourihane's departure will have a silver lining methinks :)

Aug 11, 2013
Is this the player who couldn't get a game in a Rovers side that was relegated to the Conference?

Chelsea must have thought he had potential at youth level and Leicester wouldn't have had any young hopeful in their graduate scheme... They must have seen something. So how does a player seemingly with a bit of potential drop down to league 2 and then struggle to get a game?Are there any similar players who have had potential, dropped through the leagues then risen like a Phoenix to play at a higher/highest level again that might inspire me?

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
arrythewurzel":2nydo0kk said:
Is this the player who couldn't get a game in a Rovers side that was relegated to the Conference?

Chelsea must have thought he had potential at youth level and Leicester wouldn't have had any young hopeful in their graduate scheme... They must have seen something. So how does a player seemingly with a bit of potential drop down to league 2 and then struggle to get a game?Are there any similar players who have had potential, dropped through the leagues then risen like a Phoenix to play at a higher/highest level again that might inspire me?

Hourihane, ironically.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
arrythewurzel":31tkodgk said:

It might not be due to his footballing ability...

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge.":4etyu898 said:
If it's a replacement for Young, then I'm happy, similar ability just more presence and more of an athlete.

If it's a replacement for Hourihane, then I'm not so happy.
I'm 99% sure you haven't seen anywhere near enough of Norburn to be making judgments.

C

Cobi Budge.

Reading through the Rovers forum, many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field but no mention of it on their forum for legal reasons.

Hopefully he's a reformed character.

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge.":gmxxl5g3 said:
I'd probably start Thomas over Smalley, he'll be a big player for us this season.
Again... How many times have you seen Smalley play?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":uh3r8b3b said:
Reading through the Rovers forum, many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field but no mention of it on their forum for legal reasons.

If not he has to face Sheridan and Wotton and I don't think anyone would fancy that :thumbs:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":1hdv5fdy said:

It has been known to happen, you know. Last season a player was given a second chance by the club following off-the-field issues and look what a superb job he made of it.

Jul 29, 2010
I can see this season shaping up as follows. We win and the forwards, able to express themselves more fully with two sitting midfielders, get all the credit. We don't win and the two sitting midfielders and Sheridan get the blame :roll:
Welcome aboard son, ignore this site's 'experts' through the coming season would be my advice.

Jan 18, 2007
arrythewurzel":29yos89h said:

Rickie Lambert and that's just off the top of my head :doh:

Apr 12, 2013
Plymouth
Looks like this guy is a different sort of midfielder to Hourihane and didnt Sheridan say he wanted to play a different style this season. I havent seen this guy play yet but sounds like hes done enough to impress in the two friendlies so far. Look forward to see how he and all the new signings far once the season starts. As others have said looks like a more of a replacement young with a bit more physical presence about him. Think we have the core to the side now. Just another 2 loan signings I reckon a back up right back and a utility player in midfield similar to the role Gurrieri played during his time down here but hopefully a better standard although I did like Gurrieri personally. Think sheridan will plan to play with two deep lying midfielders to allow the front 4 to do there work in the attacking sense. Although cox whilst is good defensively from what I remember wasnt that bad going forward himself.
Good luck Norburn hope he does well here

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
There was a guy called Puncheon that most Argyle fans thought was crepe - now where did he end up?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Argylegames":1iqnkak8 said:
There was a guy called Puncheon that most Argyle fans thought was crepe - now where did he end up?
A lot of posters wrote off Bolasie as well and Cobi and a few others said Mason wouldn't make it.

G

Greenskin

Paven":2e7xk9n4 said:
Brilliant. We've signed a slightly more pimpish Luke Young.

:lol: I know Argyle probably don't pay premier class wages but very surprised that Luke and the new guy supplement their income in that way.