Norburn signs | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norburn signs

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":1f7afzky said:
xyz":1f7afzky said:
Cobi Budge.":1f7afzky said:
Reading through the Rovers forum, many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field but no mention of it on their forum for legal reasons.

Hopefully he's a reformed character.

What do you mean like drink driving and going to prison for 18 months?? Not everyone deserves a second chance in your eyes then Cobi, just select few... :doh:

Well you've clearly taken something from my post that didn't exist.

When did I oppose his signing or say he doesn't deserve a second chance?

But it does 'exist' Cobi, when you quote as following (below) it implies your disapproval. if you don't put any credence in the 'facts' on the Rover's site why do you refer to them here? Implication dear boy ... implication!!

" ... many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did" and his "disgusting behavior off the field". Apparently he did some allegedly truly awful off the field ..... Hopefully he's a reformed character"

C

Cobi Budge.

I was simply stating what was being said about the player on the Rovers site? I didn't criticise him or praise him.

xyz has said I don't think he deserves a second chance, which simply isn't true.

Mar 23, 2008
Knarf Reprah":2hlnl6ce said:
It was Tavistock FFS you can't judge a player in that sort of standard. With apologies to Tavistock who were a lovely friendly club
Well he made a decision to say no to Capriotti after that friendly, so why not a yes for Norburn? Obviously training comes into it also and a feel for the style/type of player rather than the ability/standard.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":32w2tjw6 said:
I was simply stating what was being said about the player on the Rovers site? I didn't criticise him or praise him.

xyz has said I don't think he deserves a second chance, which simply isn't true.

To me, if you say:
"... many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did""

Then I hear your voice/opinion in quoting that, what are you a trainee politician?

C

Cobi Budge.

Pogleswoody":2wl8pz7z said:
Cobi Budge.":2wl8pz7z said:

To me, if you say:
"... many are surprised he's allowed a chance at another club after "what he did""

Then I hear your voice/opinion in quoting that, what are you a trainee politician?

Many on the Rovers forum are surprised he's got another chance, that's a fact, no opinion in it from me.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":169rizt5 said:
Pogleswoody":169rizt5 said:
Cobi Budge.":169rizt5 said:

To me, if you say:

Many on the Rovers forum are surprised he's got another chance, that's a fact, no opinion in it from me.

Yeah, lots of people in the Middle Ages thought the world was flat, some still do. I don't quote their opinions because they are bonkers and I don't agree with them. I would only quote that if I was seeking a reaction from others. Why quote things just randomly if you have no opinion on it? :crazy:

C

Cobi Budge.

Pogleswoody":2qyyemw6 said:
Cobi Budge.":2qyyemw6 said:
Pogleswoody":2qyyemw6 said:
Cobi Budge.":2qyyemw6 said:

To me, if you say:

Yeah, lots of people in the Middle Ages thought the world was flat, some still do. I don't quote their opinions because they are bonkers and I don't agree with them. I would only quote that if I was seeking a reaction from others. Why quote things just randomly if you have no opinion on it? :crazy:

Because it hadn't been mentioned and we were discussing a new player and it was a piece of info.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge.":2vah9c18 said:
Pogleswoody":2vah9c18 said:
Pogleswoody":2vah9c18 said:

To me, if you say:

Because it hadn't been mentioned and we were discussing a new player and it was a piece of info.

Ok ... beg to differ.
Maybe we should tap his phone? :stir:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":2rrsey77 said:
Cobi Budge.":2rrsey77 said:

To me, if you say:

Ok ... beg to differ.
Maybe we should tap his phone? :stir:

From her photo I think his girl friend will illuminate the Grandstand for a few weeks. That is a positive statement

Aug 10, 2006
vibratingspider":2sluzy1i said:
2 trialists, 1 signing.

Why are we not getting more trialists in!? I remember in the Luggy days we almost fielded a complete team of them from all over the place. Surely this should show Sheridan that trialists are the way forward to uncover these "wee nuggets".

Welcome, Ollie.
sturrocks not manager any more though is he get over it forget the past.

P

pafcstafford

loyal1970":2uxqs55c said:
vibratingspider":2uxqs55c said:
2 trialists, 1 signing.

Why are we not getting more trialists in!? I remember in the Luggy days we almost fielded a complete team of them from all over the place. Surely this should show Sheridan that trialists are the way forward to uncover these "wee nuggets".

Welcome, Ollie.
sturrocks not manager any more though is he get over it forget the past.

I think it's probably more to do with JS only looking at certain positions as he's happy with what we have in the main.

S

saudi_mick

I work with a lot of Rovers fans and if what they all say he did is true then I am amazed JS has signed him . I am sure it will all come out in the wash at some point.

F

Fugazi

Paven":3rctd3fs said:
If we're going with what we've got, then;

McCormick

Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Purrington

Cox

Smalley, Thomas

Banton

Reid, Alessandra

I think this team is probably a bit too defensive for me....

Feel sorry for Cox if that team ever plays.