Olly Lee Signs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Olly Lee Signs

P

Paul_Roberts

Cobi Budge.":3o413qb9 said:
These are taken from twitter or forums.

emergency loan? Must be a big emergency lol

honest player and hard working but has next to no Ability

sorry but the lad is pure sh*te

pretty useless in the championship, not even sure if he's good enough for league 2

thank f*ck he's gone

Released by Barnet, signed by Lee Clark because he's mates with his dad, sums up Lee Clark

he'll probably do quite a good job in league 2!

Trying to focus on the last one and hope it's just the fact he's not championship quality but these comments aren't promising.

Welcome anyway.

Didn't you know, Cobi - most football fans know nothing about football.

I remember Bolton fans making similar comments about David Norris.

Nov 22, 2006
Cobi Budge.":1b9kdg0t said:

pretty useless in the championship, not even sure if he's good enough for league 2

thank f*ck he's gone

Released by Barnet, signed by Lee Clark because he's mates with his dad, sums up Lee Clark

Trying to focus on the last one and hope it's just the fact he's not championship quality but these comments aren't promising.

Welcome anyway.

Couldn't give a sh*t what Birmingham City fans have to say least of all those who choose to put it on twitter, welcome to the club Olly hopefully you have a succesful stay with us :scarf: :scarf:

Dec 3, 2005
It would be great if supporters actually waited to see the lad play for Argyle, before making any judgement on his ability!!

The most important stats/performances i am interested in are when he is playing for Argyle.

Welcome and good luck Olly.

May 22, 2006
Irrelevant to the signing of Lee, who of course we all hope will flourish, but this raises a question.

Just trying to think of 'sons of professionals' who have played for Argyle and how they performed. The ones that spring to mind are: Blair/Paul Sturrock; Luke/Kevin Summerfield; Anthony/Tony Pullis; Tom/Kevin Hitchcock.

Probably be fair to say that not of those sons outshone their fathers. There must be others and cases of sons being better than their dads (presumably the stats are slewed by if the father was less well known, we would not necessarily be aware that they existed.

Can anyone else think of other examples?

G

Greenskin

pastiesforlife":63enb4nf said:
Irrelevant to the signing of Lee, who of course we all hope will flourish, but this raises a question.

Just trying to think of 'sons of professionals' who have played for Argyle and how they performed. The ones that spring to mind are: Blair/Paul Sturrock; Luke/Kevin Summerfield; Anthony/Tony Pullis; Tom/Kevin Hitchcock.

Probably be fair to say that not of those sons outshone their fathers. There must be others and cases of sons being better than their dads (presumably the stats are slewed by if the father was less well known, we would not necessarily be aware that they existed.

Can anyone else think of other examples?

Bit before my time but David Jack wasn't too shabby by all accounts. I seem to remember that Adrian Burrows father was a distinguished player, possibly an international-Adrian didn't reach those heights but he was a very useful player for Argyle over a long period of time. There was also John Mitten who was the offspring of a more famous father in Charlie Mitten-probably quite a few others if you dig deep enough. Anyway, good luck to young Olly and lets hope his stay is successful for all concerned.

Jul 29, 2010
Green Giant":211rbqrq said:
Cobi Budge.":211rbqrq said:

thank f*ck he's gone

Welcome anyway.

Couldn't give a sh*t what Birmingham City fans have to say least of all those who choose to put it on twitter, welcome to the club Olly hopefully you have a succesful stay with us :scarf: :scarf:

Likewise, welcome aboard Oliver (don't care for 'Olly', far too River, Tyler and Harper Seven for my liking).

See also what our own fans said about Jamie Mackie and Ashley Barnes. The internet, facetwatter especially, is no place for reliable scouting reports.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Seen this lad a few times on my travels to St Andrews, including the 4-4 cup game vs Stoke in which he scored a terrific equaliser for 10 Man Blues (wade elliot was sent off just before half time) 2 minutes before the end of extra time. In my opinion he more than held his own in the Championship, despite playing in a struggling Lee Clarke side. He's not better than any of their current first team, so appearances will be hard to come by, but that doesn't make him a bad player that isn't capable of doing a job in this division.

Cobi wants to hand pick a few negative Twitter comments, to counter that I can say I have friends who are ST holders at St Andrews and rate him very highly and believe he'll be excellent for us.

The only thing that concerns me regarding this deal is that it's an emergency loan that could, in theory, only be extended until April max. If Olly does hit it off here and becomes an important part of the team, it is somewhat concerning that he may miss the final stages of the season for us.

spowell92":19mcf63e said:
Seen this lad a few times on my travels to St Andrews, including the 4-4 cup game vs Stoke in which he scored a terrific equaliser for 10 Man Blues (wade elliot was sent off just before half time) 2 minutes before the end of extra time. In my opinion he more than held his own in the Championship, despite playing in a struggling Lee Clarke side. He's not better than any of their current first team, so appearances will be hard to come by, but that doesn't make him a bad player that isn't capable of doing a job in this division.

Cobi wants to hand pick a few negative Twitter comments, to counter that I can say I have friends who are ST holders at St Andrews and rate him very highly and believe he'll be excellent for us.

The only thing that concerns me regarding this deal is that it's an emergency loan that could, in theory, only be extended until April max. If Olly does hit it off here and becomes an important part of the team, it is somewhat concerning that he may miss the final stages of the season for us.

Nice post. Let's hope he does a job for us for as long as he's here.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Difficult to form an opinion until he gets a few games under his belt for us playing the system (only one we can) and in the role that he's asked.

Would have liked to see a more attack minded midfielder signed but maybe his holding ability will allow Banton more of a free role.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":b8al65jl said:
Green Giant":b8al65jl said:
Cobi Budge.":b8al65jl said:

thank f*ck he's gone

Welcome anyway.

Likewise, welcome aboard Oliver (don't care for 'Olly', far too River, Tyler and Harper Seven for my liking).

WTF? :shock: