Olly Lee Signs | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Olly Lee Signs

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
After such a frustrating time, it is not surprising that Olly is already contemplating impressing John enough for his loan to be extended.

“As long as everything goes well and the manager’s happy with me, I don’t see why not,” he said, “but I’m taking it game by game and trying to get three points.”

From the OS. Would be happy to get him down with us for the rest of the season. Use the next couple of games as a trial for him. Short term loans are not the way to win promotion.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
spowell92":3imgkwdk said:
Trev501":3imgkwdk said:

Genuinely believe that if he was signed for us on a longer term basis, Sheridan would have him moulded into an adequate Hourihane replacement before the seasons end.

Considering he had little time to get to know his team players and no training opportunity together, I thought he performed well on his first outing. He does not quite have the sparky element to Bobby Reid's play, but I reckon given adequate time he would be a very useful replacement for BR should he never return to HP.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I thought he produced some good cross-field balls to Mellor (who should have done better with them) and Purrington. Few days training with the team will help. Was a little surprised at the "backwards and sideways" comments from some, didn't feel like that watching him to me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
First half he was good I thought but seemed to be blowing out of his rear end for most of the second.

Perhaps it's just that he lacks match fitness.

Certainly made some great passes in the first 45 minutes and wanted to have a long range shot or two which is refreshing to see.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Quintrell_Green":3efc7av8 said:
spowell92":3efc7av8 said:
Trev501":3efc7av8 said:

Genuinely believe that if he was signed for us on a longer term basis, Sheridan would have him moulded into an adequate Hourihane replacement before the seasons end.

Considering he had little time to get to know his team players and no training opportunity together, I thought he performed well on his first outing. He does not quite have the sparky element to Bobby Reid's play, but I reckon given adequate time he would be a very useful replacement for BR should he never return to HP.

Absolutely. 6 months without first team football and met his teammates an hour and half before walking out in the green, he's only going to get better. I think he, Cox and Bobby Reid would compliment each other tremendously in a midfield three.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't think they would have time to pass too many compliments around in the middle of a game Sam.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
jerryatricjanner":1sp8jbvk said:
I don't think they would have time to pass too many compliments around in the middle of a game Sam.

I dunno, this League's renowned for hoof-ball. Stevenage could probably field a midfield of toddlers in push chairs and it wouldn't effect their attacking play.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Pasties and Cider":2qm93cw1 said:
I thought he produced some good cross-field balls to Mellor (who should have done better with them) and Purrington. Few days training with the team will help. Was a little surprised at the "backwards and sideways" comments from some, didn't feel like that watching him to me.

Clearly, little time to know his team-mates and he will be rusty. However, I thought he played as many stray passes as good ones in the first-half and tired quickly in the second.

What was really apparent though, is that he struck me as yet another player who likes to occupy the midfield. There were a couple of occasions where Alessandra was bearing down on the six-yard box in the first-half and we only had two other players in there - Reid and Mellor. We need an attacking midfielder, not another occupier.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
spowell92":3f7dfbrt said:
jerryatricjanner":3f7dfbrt said:

I dunno, this League's renowned for hoof-ball. Stevenage could probably field a midfield of toddlers in push chairs and it wouldn't effect their attacking play.

Probably yes but my comment was really a spelling police remark which i think went over your head rather like Stevenage's football would. Should be complement not compliment in your sentence that was all.