Passion without Violence | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Passion without Violence

P

pafcstafford

Old Gunner":1sb6qnoi said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1sb6qnoi said:
The Doctor":1sb6qnoi said:
PilgrimLew":1sb6qnoi said:
To be fair I thought our stewards did an outstanding job in testing circumstances, I here they were praised by the police sergeant attending for the assistance especially outside.

I agree. I watched things unfolding in the ground at the end of the game as I was quessing to get down the Lyndhurst steps and there was a very real possibility that things could have got really serious. The stewards did a good job of keeping people apart. If there had been any close physical contact between an Argyle or Millwall 'fan' at that point it would have triggered a full on brawl and there would have been nothing the stewards could have done at that point.

I don't agree with other comments in this thread absolving Steve Morison from his professional responsibility. He quite clearly incited people and made the situation much worse than it was. Even at the end he was waving and snearing across towards the Argyle fans with a stupid smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was completely wrong, dangerous and completely unacceptable.

There is no doubt the ref should have booked him. Yet if you take your shirt off that's a yellow card. Barmy.

However, some of it was not needed but other things he did was thumbs up and wave. I remember Kevin Ellison of Morecambe (I think the season before) having banter with that part of the crowd. The difference is we were playing Morecambe and not Millwall and so the reaction wasn't as heated. Where is the line? He crossed it at times but at other times some of the stuff he did wasn't anything to get wound up about that some of them, I cant call them Argyle fans, were losing the plot over.

I'm assuming our troublesome 'fans' are the Central Element mob--came across some of them by mistake when I was looking for an Argyle Facebook page--dear oh dear--shaved heads, flags of St.George, No Surrender signs and most of them well over 40 except for a few hangers on. I do think the club need to get tough on this lot with the help of the police--it's not fair that actual fans have to put up with a sizeable group standing up in the seating area. Ask them to sit down and if they don't comply chuck them out.

Over 40 support england and and Northern Ireland don't have your preferred hair do, oh my ban them ban them all...

What defines an actual fan? Regardless of whether you like them or not, since you they are over 40 i guess most have been following Argyle since the 80s and standing my goodness whatever next standing at the football ill be sure to pack my deck chairs for york

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
pafcstafford":3v2r6tl3 said:
Old Gunner":3v2r6tl3 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3v2r6tl3 said:
The Doctor":3v2r6tl3 said:
PilgrimLew":3v2r6tl3 said:
To be fair I thought our stewards did an outstanding job in testing circumstances, I here they were praised by the police sergeant attending for the assistance especially outside.

I agree. I watched things unfolding in the ground at the end of the game as I was quessing to get down the Lyndhurst steps and there was a very real possibility that things could have got really serious. The stewards did a good job of keeping people apart. If there had been any close physical contact between an Argyle or Millwall 'fan' at that point it would have triggered a full on brawl and there would have been nothing the stewards could have done at that point.

I don't agree with other comments in this thread absolving Steve Morison from his professional responsibility. He quite clearly incited people and made the situation much worse than it was. Even at the end he was waving and snearing across towards the Argyle fans with a stupid smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was completely wrong, dangerous and completely unacceptable.

There is no doubt the ref should have booked him. Yet if you take your shirt off that's a yellow card. Barmy.

However, some of it was not needed but other things he did was thumbs up and wave. I remember Kevin Ellison of Morecambe (I think the season before) having banter with that part of the crowd. The difference is we were playing Morecambe and not Millwall and so the reaction wasn't as heated. Where is the line? He crossed it at times but at other times some of the stuff he did wasn't anything to get wound up about that some of them, I cant call them Argyle fans, were losing the plot over.

I'm assuming our troublesome 'fans' are the Central Element mob--came across some of them by mistake when I was looking for an Argyle Facebook page--dear oh dear--shaved heads, flags of St.George, No Surrender signs and most of them well over 40 except for a few hangers on. I do think the club need to get tough on this lot with the help of the police--it's not fair that actual fans have to put up with a sizeable group standing up in the seating area. Ask them to sit down and if they don't comply chuck them out.

Over 40 support england and and Northern Ireland don't have your preferred hair do, oh my ban them ban them all...

What defines an actual fan? Regardless of whether you like them or not, since you they are over 40 i guess most have been following Argyle since the 80s and standing my goodness whatever next standing at the football ill be sure to pack my deck chairs for york
It is amazing what impact sarcasm can have with the odd comma, capital letter, apostrophe and full stop. On the other hand, without proper punctuation you have made your comments look like the random ravings of someone who is p*ssed.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
If you want to have a fight darken another club's door because you aren't welcome at Argyle is the attitude needed here.

These aren't Argyle fans, these are just local morons with nothing better to do than to pop along to Home Park looking for trouble. Where are they on your everyday game? Why are they only there for games like Rovers and Exeter?

Last night was not a big game so you cannot argue that these were your average day tripper, they hear the name Millwall, a team with a bit of history in the violence department and they're straight up to Home Park. They're not here for Argyle, they aren't Argyle fans. I can't even bring myself to say they're here for a fight, they aren't, they're wannabe kids who get their kicks shouting obscenities from the safety of a police barricade.

They bring the name of our good club down, the sooner they're all banned the better. This is 2015, the days of making a plum of yourself fighting with someone over a game of football are thankfully long gone.

C

Cobi Budge.

The game was seriously & dangerously under policed. Feel for any families with kids outside the Lyndhurst after the match, they won't be back in a hurry. Ugly scenes and no officers in sight.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
pafcstafford":3gt99tlp said:
Old Gunner":3gt99tlp said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3gt99tlp said:
The Doctor":3gt99tlp said:
PilgrimLew":3gt99tlp said:

If you block my view by standing throughout the match then I have an issue. You are standing in the full knowledge that it will inconvenience others--but you don't give a toss--I'm interested to know why you think it is OK to do this to your fellow supporters?

Jan 29, 2010
Liam Vercoe":1u13z31t said:
Pete H":1u13z31t said:
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

To be fair they couldn't really kick him out because he'd have nowhere to go except wait outside where there will soon be lots of Argyle fans to have a go at.

I don't want them kicked out I want them banned from my club following a brief appearance in court !

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Pete H":mgztwyje said:
Liam Vercoe":mgztwyje said:
Pete H":mgztwyje said:
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

To be fair they couldn't really kick him out because he'd have nowhere to go except wait outside where there will soon be lots of Argyle fans to have a go at.

I don't want them kicked out I want them banned from my club following a brief appearance in court !

Fair enough, but at the time of the incident, how else could the stewards have helped to achieve this other than what they did?

C

Cobi Budge.

I think the stewards did very well in the circumstances (and I don't often praise our stewards), the issue, as I've said, was the dangerous lack of police in & around the ground.

Jan 29, 2010
Liam Vercoe":30pr28pi said:
Pete H":30pr28pi said:
Liam Vercoe":30pr28pi said:
Pete H":30pr28pi said:

Fair enough, but at the time of the incident, how else could the stewards have helped to achieve this other than what they did?

I counted 3 ish pitch invaders and about thirty or more stewards, so wouldn't of been beyond the realms of possibility for them to achieve that.
Sadly Liam they will all be back on Saturday week posturing and looking to cause more trouble and probably hoping to be seen on youtube the following day !!
also noted some of the abuse Luke got from behind the goal was as bad as I have seen in a long time, and what did the stewards do, nothing. Yet they are quite happy to wade into 20 or so away fans for standing !

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I did find it surprising how few police there were for a fan base of Millwall's reputation...

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Don't think anything happened when we played Millwall a few years ago, probably part of the reason for the lack of policing.

C

Cobi Budge.

Yet there were a ton for the visit of Newport?

Bizzare.

If I was a parent with young kids I would have felt very uneasy around the ground especially after the game. No officers in sight.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Pete H":iafhg6ya said:
Liam Vercoe":iafhg6ya said:
Liam Vercoe":iafhg6ya said:

I counted 3 ish pitch invaders and about thirty or more stewards, so wouldn't of been beyond the realms of possibility for them to achieve that.
Sadly Liam they will all be back on Saturday week posturing and looking to cause more trouble and probably hoping to be seen on youtube the following day !!
also noted some of the abuse Luke got from behind the goal was as bad as I have seen in a long time, and what did the stewards do, nothing. Yet they are quite happy to wade into 20 or so away fans for standing !
you obviously don't know what you're talking about, the average steward(crowd care) are not licensed or qualified to put their hands on a supporter, only licensed SIA holders can and as I've heard they were desperately low on numbers Tuesday. And I don't think they will be back because if they are they've all been caught on camera and will not be allowed in.