Passion without Violence | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Passion without Violence

Jan 29, 2010
PilgrimLew":31aa9bi1 said:
Pete H":31aa9bi1 said:
Liam Vercoe":31aa9bi1 said:
Liam Vercoe":31aa9bi1 said:
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

To be fair they couldn't really kick him out because he'd have nowhere to go except wait outside where there will soon be lots of Argyle fans to have a go at.

I don't want them kicked out I want them banned from my club following a brief appearance in court !

Fair enough, but at the time of the incident, how else could the stewards have helped to achieve this other than what they did?

I counted 3 ish pitch invaders and about thirty or more stewards, so wouldn't of been beyond the realms of possibility

r them to achieve that.
Sadly Liam they will all be back on Saturday week posturing and looking to cause more trouble and probably hoping to be seen on youtube the following day !!
also noted some of the abuse Luke got from behind the goal was as bad as I have seen in a long time, and what did the stewards do, nothing. Yet they are quite happy to wade into 20 or so away fans for standing !
you obviously don't know what you're talking about, the average steward(crowd care) are not licensed or qualified to put their hands on a supporter, only licensed SIA holders can and as I've heard they were desperately low on numbers Tuesday. And I don't think they will be back because if they are they've all been caught on camera and will not be allowed in.

Well if you care to look at the youtube video posted by Cobi you will clearly see a very hands on approach !
But like you kindly pointed out I clearly don't know what im talking about.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Yes they can stand in the way and try and stop the public from moving into restricted areas and control the movement of the crowd, but they cannot restrain like the SIA can, but carry on get all your information from YouTube.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PilgrimLew":1gedpwgk said:
Yes they can stand in the way and try and stop the public from moving into restricted areas and control the movement of the crowd, but they cannot detain like the SIA can, but carry on get all your information from YouTube.

I'm sure you mean restrain not detain as to detain someone licence or not and you could be charged with false imprisonment.

As for physical contact, every single one of us is allowed to physically restrain someone from harming someone else. SIA badge holders are taught how to within the law and would have support from their employer when it inevitably goes to court. Think necessary and proportionate to any offence being or likely to be committed.

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi Budge.":2juqnkej said:
Yet there were a ton for the visit of Newport?

Bizzare.

If I was a parent with young kids I would have felt very uneasy around the ground especially after the game. No officers in sight.

I can assure you that the police were very much in full view and doing their job well. I'm also wondering how someone who sits in the Devonport managed to see all of this going on behind block 16-17.

Please don't write things that are quite clearly incorrect.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Ade the green":26ade8ov said:
PilgrimLew":26ade8ov said:
Yes they can stand in the way and try and stop the public from moving into restricted areas and control the movement of the crowd, but they cannot detain like the SIA can, but carry on get all your information from YouTube.

I'm sure you mean restrain not detain as to detain someone licence or not and you could be charged with false imprisonment.

As for physical contact, every single one of us is allowed to physically restrain someone from harming someone else. SIA badge holders are taught how to within the law and would have support from their employer when it inevitably goes to court. Think necessary and proportionate to any offence being or likely to be committed.
There we go :thumbup: and yes agree with all of that, also club policy will dictate what they are and are not told to do.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
When James and I were walking out of the Devonport on Tuesday night, 2 police vans were emptying their officers and they were making their way to the hot spot.
Also saw a video on facebook last night of some of the scenes after the match outside the Lyndhurst and the police were clearly keeping the 2 groups apart.

M

Monkey Nuts

Some people know nothing other than how to be violent. End of story.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Pete H":1gukiy40 said:
Liam Vercoe":1gukiy40 said:
Liam Vercoe":1gukiy40 said:
Lets be honest our stewards don't help, when a moron runs onto the pitch to confront opposing fans and he is merely ushered back to the terracing following this it must encourage others to do the same.

To be fair they couldn't really kick him out because he'd have nowhere to go except wait outside where there will soon be lots of Argyle fans to have a go at.

I don't want them kicked out I want them banned from my club following a brief appearance in court !

Fair enough, but at the time of the incident, how else could the stewards have helped to achieve this other than what they did?

I counted 3 ish pitch invaders and about thirty or more stewards, so wouldn't of been beyond the realms of possibility for them to achieve that.
Sadly Liam they will all be back on Saturday week posturing and looking to cause more trouble and probably hoping to be seen on youtube the following day !!
also noted some of the abuse Luke got from behind the goal was as bad as I have seen in a long time, and what did the stewards do, nothing. Yet they are quite happy to wade into 20 or so away fans for standing !

They flex their high-vis jacket given muscles when the feeling takes them as far as I've seen.

One lad wants to move over by one block because his mate is in the Lyndhurst "no sorry you might cause over-crowding", a bloke and his two kids wish to make the same switch only wanders off into the stand "come on in". Me sat on the advertising hoarding at the bottom of the stand "stand up please sir", the big bloke sat a few hoardings down? A frightened look by the steward but not a word. Me trying to enter the mens toilets through the exit with 45 minutes until kick-off when it's bleddy empty "use the entrance please sir", the moron blocking the exit at half-time trying to avoid the queue at the entrance, not a word he's a big chap don't ya know.

They're a pointless entity, crowd control for the people who simply do not need controlling, the actual trouble makers and nuisance causers are far too big and scary for the high vis gang to interrupt.

Jan 3, 2013
Ollieargyle9":qr30qzbo said:
Pete H":qr30qzbo said:
Liam Vercoe":qr30qzbo said:
Liam Vercoe":qr30qzbo said:

I counted 3 ish pitch invaders and about thirty or more stewards, so wouldn't of been beyond the realms of possibility for them to achieve that.

They flex their high-vis jacket given muscles when the feeling takes them as far as I've seen.

One lad wants to move over by one block because his mate is in the Lyndhurst "no sorry you might cause over-crowding", a bloke and his two kids wish to make the same switch only wanders off into the stand "come on in". Me sat on the advertising hoarding at the bottom of the stand "stand up please sir", the big bloke sat a few hoardings down? A frightened look by the steward but not a word. Me trying to enter the mens toilets through the exit with 45 minutes until kick-off when it's bleddy empty "use the entrance please sir", the moron blocking the exit at half-time trying to avoid the queue at the entrance, not a word he's a big chap don't ya know.

They're a pointless entity, crowd control for the people who simply do not need controlling, the actual trouble makers and nuisance causers are far too big and scary for the high vis gang to interrupt.
Totally agree, I'm a big lad, but old man in my 60s and sit on the hoardings at half time and am never asked to move either

P

pafcstafford

Old Gunner":1rqnnwlk said:
pafcstafford":1rqnnwlk said:
Old Gunner":1rqnnwlk said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1rqnnwlk said:
The Doctor":1rqnnwlk said:
PilgrimLew":1rqnnwlk said:
To be fair I thought our stewards did an outstanding job in testing circumstances, I here they were praised by the police sergeant attending for the assistance especially outside.

I agree. I watched things unfolding in the ground at the end of the game as I was quessing to get down the Lyndhurst steps and there was a very real possibility that things could have got really serious. The stewards did a good job of keeping people apart. If there had been any close physical contact between an Argyle or Millwall 'fan' at that point it would have triggered a full on brawl and there would have been nothing the stewards could have done at that point.

I don't agree with other comments in this thread absolving Steve Morison from his professional responsibility. He quite clearly incited people and made the situation much worse than it was. Even at the end he was waving and snearing across towards the Argyle fans with a stupid smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was completely wrong, dangerous and completely unacceptable.

There is no doubt the ref should have booked him. Yet if you take your shirt off that's a yellow card. Barmy.

However, some of it was not needed but other things he did was thumbs up and wave. I remember Kevin Ellison of Morecambe (I think the season before) having banter with that part of the crowd. The difference is we were playing Morecambe and not Millwall and so the reaction wasn't as heated. Where is the line? He crossed it at times but at other times some of the stuff he did wasn't anything to get wound up about that some of them, I cant call them Argyle fans, were losing the plot over.

I'm assuming our troublesome 'fans' are the Central Element mob--came across some of them by mistake when I was looking for an Argyle Facebook page--dear oh dear--shaved heads, flags of St.George, No Surrender signs and most of them well over 40 except for a few hangers on. I do think the club need to get tough on this lot with the help of the police--it's not fair that actual fans have to put up with a sizeable group standing up in the seating area. Ask them to sit down and if they don't comply chuck them out.

Over 40 support england and and Northern Ireland don't have your preferred hair do, oh my ban them ban them all...

What defines an actual fan? Regardless of whether you like them or not, since you they are over 40 i guess most have been following Argyle since the 80s and standing my goodness whatever next standing at the football ill be sure to pack my deck chairs for york

If you block my view by standing throughout the match then I have an issue. You are standing in the full knowledge that it will inconvenience others--but you don't give a toss--I'm interested to know why you think it is OK to do this to your fellow supporters?

I read earlier that they weren't supporters. So there's a load of people who want to stand, there is also a mass of empty seats but everyone must sit as this bloke wants to. Its ridiculous why continue or purchase a season ticket or sit there if you get upset about them, i mean it's not like that section of the ground hasn't been like that since seats went in.

Btw there should be a standing section but that's another matter.

As for the comma man further up calm down you numpty here hope it helps quench the passion,,,,,,,,,,,

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sorry Stafford, I was a bit out of order there. I unreservedly withdraw the "of someone who is p*ssed" bit - lol. Love the "numpty" charge btw and agree there should be a standing section.