Passion without Violence | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Passion without Violence

May 4, 2015
Knarf Reprah":2ye7b98o said:
Fergy":2ye7b98o said:
Imagine sitting in blocks 14 to 17 for Exeter home and not standing though.

You obviously don't have a family if idiots like you have to stand, the kids and infirm can't see

GROW UP AND SIT DOWN

I've always likened it to taking the family for a pub meal.

You would "naturally" chose to sit in the lounge area and not the bar area where it is likely to contain more colourful language and be a bit louder.

If I take my kids to the football I will sit away from the more vociferous area's. If I go with my mates then I enjoy the areas of the ground that do still contain some banter.

The closing of the mayflower has not helped things, but surely anyone with half a brain would not take their kids to blocks 14-17 for the Exeter game?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Jose446":jk08yhj7 said:
Knarf Reprah":jk08yhj7 said:
Fergy":jk08yhj7 said:

You obviously don't have a family if idiots like you have to stand, the kids and infirm can't see

GROW UP AND SIT DOWN

You would "naturally" chose to sit in the lounge area and not the bar area where it is likely to contain more colourful language and be a bit louder.

If I take my kids to the football I will sit away from the more vociferous area's. If I go with my mates then I enjoy the areas of the ground that do still contain some banter.

The closing of the mayflower has not helped things, but surely anyone with half a brain would not take their kids to blocks 14-17 for the Exeter game?

Exactly.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Jasa":38ttmsav said:
Cobi Budge.":38ttmsav said:
...I'm not just saying this, but if Luke was an Exeter player, I'd probably boo as I naturally would with any Exeter player, but I certainly wouldn't make up chants about the deaths of two children to try and put a player of & I hope others wouldn't as well. I find it disgusting to be honest.

Totally agree with this. It disgusts me when I see opposition fans chanting "murderer" whilst laughing to their mates that they've got one over on McCormick. Using 2 kids deaths for some football banter is sick.

It is, but then 'using' one's colour or appearance or sexual preference for banter seems just as vacuous.
If a City player through-and-through had a one-off pitiful action of immense gravity go impact his good character like Luke has had the misfortune to be responsible for, I daresay our plimsoll line of decency would be a low one. So it goes.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
I hope we don't have another dickhead letting off a thunderflash or whatever it is, at half time under the Lyndhurst like they have the last couple of Exeter games, last time a couple of children came running out of there breaking their hearts, if they do it this time after what has happened in Paris, id fear for their safety.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Jose446":kpdnmsd4 said:
Knarf Reprah":kpdnmsd4 said:
Fergy":kpdnmsd4 said:

GROW UP AND SIT DOWN

Can I just say how much I despise the word "banter", especially when it gets used as a coverall for acting like a complete nobhead as it inevitably will be in the context.

Let's hope we hear more chants about Adam Stansfield coming out of Block 16 eh, that what top banter that was

edit: Should be clear, I'm not suggesting you're involved in any kind of bad behaviour!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
So it all kicked off as predicted (match, location in the Lyndy) on this thread. Best wishes to those officers who were injured at the game. I sincerely hope that those who were arrested and those who will be identified in the coming weeks receive the criminal convictions and bans they so richly deserve.

Aug 10, 2006
Old Gunner":2dpbykh2 said:
So it all kicked off as predicted (match, location in the Lyndy) on this thread. Best wishes to those officers who were injured at the game. I sincerely hope that those who were arrested and those who will be identified in the coming weeks receive the criminal convictions and bans they so richly deserve.
and rightly so as long as the police who assaulted innocent supporter's also get charged, but I bet they won't.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
loyal1970":1gjbojga said:
Old Gunner":1gjbojga said:
and rightly so as long as the police who assaulted innocent supporter's also get charged, but I bet they won't.
Indeed.
Word was out that they were going to clamp down on a few people.
Seems that it wasn't targeted just an 'all and sundry' approach to make a statement of intent.

C

Cobi Budge.

What's interesting is that it was worse for the Millwall game, that was genuinely dangerous, inside and out, where there were about 4 officers.

That said I don't think they were expecting Millwall's captain to incite trouble in the way that he did.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

They were handing out truncheons indiscriminately on Saturday. Hopefully the culprits in the high viz jackets will be identified and brought to 'justice'. No? Thought not! The police went looking for trouble and found it and now are complaining about the disorder. Another case of double standards.

May 4, 2015
In previous season's the police took a more relaxed / friendly approach and publicised that before hand - it worked. I enjoyed some good banter on the last 2 away visits with the police and they were friendly and helpful.

Saturday less so. Ok, so one idiot threw a flare, but the way the police steamed in pushing, punching and hitting anyone and everyone was completely OTT.

The fact that we had just gone 2-0 down, the refreshment kiosk was now out of use meant people were geneally p1ssed off as it was - but we then had two lines of police preventing people going back to the stand was completely uncalled for and its no wonder tensions were running high.

I've been going to Argyle for 25 years and have never been caught up in anything like that. I'm all for some banter, a sing along and a bit of rivalry but the police totally inflamed that situation and went looking for a reaction which they could have avoided by using softer tactics.