Passion without Violence | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Passion without Violence

A

Aylesbury Green

Some of the posts on here moaning about the Police are hilarious. They were faced with a load of idiots running at them and throwing cheap shots yet people seem to want to defend the idiots doing it. What do you expect them to do, stand there and take it. People don't realise how soft the Police are in this country. In other European countries they would have got a load more than a push or baton strike. Those that were running at the Police knew exactly what they were doing so cannot complain if they got some back!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreenBin":18vensqf said:
They were handing out truncheons indiscriminately on Saturday. Hopefully the culprits in the high viz jackets will be identified and brought to 'justice'. No? Thought not! The police went looking for trouble and found it and now are complaining about the disorder. Another case of double standards.
There is little doubt that this will have been filmed, either by fixed CCTV, hand-held video camera or the police head/body cameras. It sounds like serious wrong-doing. You clearly feel very strongly about this so a letter or e-mail to the Chief Constable should be the prelude to an investigation. Maybe go to a police station (if you can find one open) and register your complaint. A formal complaint would carry a lot of weight if it contains the time, names or numbers of those "indiscriminately" attacked, the location. You could appeal through the Herald or on here for witnesses. Real plusses would be badge numbers of the police involved and a really good piece of evidence would be names of anyone who was forced to attend hospital or a doctor.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
if you go on Utube and enter 'Trouble Under the Stands' you can decide for yourself.

Please do not link to it on this site. Thank you.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Looking at that video what would I have done with some shaven headed throwbacks who should know better steaming in at me? The same as that I reckon. Maybe more. How old are some of these blokes as well? And I'm always fascinated by how many the police know/follow at away games which begs the question why are they there if they have previous?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
IJN":3vd42nc0 said:
if you go on Utube and enter 'Trouble Under the Stands' you can decide for yourself.

Please do not link to it on this site. Thank you.

Bloody disgraceful, the Police need more power to thin these goons out, then you'd see a lot of the knuckle draggers melt away.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I've been anything like the rucus underneath block 15 at half time before. From what I witnessed, somebody let off a smoke bomb so the police intervened (which is understandable) however there actions from that point onwards were over-zealous and disproportionate. They then decided to separate two groups of Argyle fans who were co-existing (contrary to the Superintendent's comments claiming it was preventing 'infighting'). As IJN has stated, there are videos out there to watch and you can see there was no violence between Argyle fans prior. Then the surge from the kiosk began as people wanted to return to their seats, fancy blocking the exits? I think the police dealt with the pushing and shoving well and humanely. However, it all went pear-shaped when a policeman decided to punch a fan (you can see it on one of the videos) and obviously people are going to react. That's when punched start being thrown and the use of truncheons were exercised. Somebody questioned whether the police should stand there and take it but, equally, why should fans when the level of force being exerted is unnecessary? Who is going to watch their mate undeservedly endure punishment and it not evoke a response?

I know people on this thread have disagreed with my views in the past but can anybody argue that the dangers of pushing and shoving a line of police outweigh somebody being smashed across the head with a truncheon? Somebody I know had to go to Derriford due to head injuries but will that be reported? Of course it won't yet 5 policeman getting injured will. The riot police were the ones inciting the violence, instead of targeting those those throwing bottles and swinging punches, they were ejecting just about anybody who was simply there at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not saying some fans' actions should not be punishable but I just hope some fairness will emerge from all of this. I sincerely hope there'll be an investigation due to the number of complaints, let's just hope that the club review the CCTV available to them to scrutinise the police's actions just as they will the fan's.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Incredible. I nearly always sit in block 14 but make a point of moving to the other side of the ground for the Exeter games simply because it seems to attract all the brainless chavs, seems like this time was no different. These morons use football as an excuse to release their tribal and idiotic desire to cause unnecessary aggravation, which is so grossly unfair on the majority who just want to come and enjoy the football. If I was caught up in that police blockade I wouldn't have been best pleased but would I feel the need to charge and scream at them like a wild animal?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Andy Holland":e0k9xr17 said:
Can I just say how much I despise the word "banter", especially when it gets used as a coverall for acting like a complete nobhead as it inevitably will be in the context.

Let's hope we hear more chants about Adam Stansfield coming out of Block 16 eh, that what top banter that was

edit: Should be clear, I'm not suggesting you're involved in any kind of bad behaviour!

:clap:

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Can't believe people are still able to come on here and defend these violent, scumbag morons who turn up a couple times a season (couple more this season with the Exeter & Millwall JPT games) to cause trouble and act big behind a wall of police and stewards. How the hell can anyone excuse rushing en mass at police, setting off smoke bombs and firecrackers under a crowded stand and just generally causing an unpleasant atmosphere for families who just want to come to a football match?

I also can't believe how old some of the guys look in that video. Sure their kids and probably grandkids would be proud of them.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
So I've had a look at the video--are you seriously telling me that all these hard cases are getting upset because someone threw a punch at them? One punch? I know mobs usually rely on no one fighting back, but this is pathetic.

Jun 11, 2013
Jose446":504txxql said:
If I go with my mates then I enjoy the areas of the ground that do still contain some banter.

I enjoyed some good banter on the last 2 away visits with the police and they were friendly and helpful.

I'm all for some banter.

So, let me get this straight. You enjoy a bit of banter?

C

Cobi Budge.

Tribalism isn't the same as hooliganism, as some seem to make out.

Football is a tribal game, at all levels, and actually that's healthy. Hooliganism is when it goes too far.

C

coathypafc

Was any of you there? I doubt it very so. I seen it unfold and the police went in too heavy handed, throwing pumches with force even seen one copper do it and the facial expression was he wanted to hurt the bloke he punched and the amount of people they said that got kicked out was more. The only ones who wanted trouble to happen was the old bill themselves, people will get arrested and charged has stated in paper but a investigation should take place also about the police behaviour but we all know that won't happen. Even a few stewards got hit from the police and they was trying to calm fans and even a few said old bill went over the top

C

Cobi Budge.

Link Removed by Site Admin

Must have ran out of pasties or something?

But seriously, while I wasn't in that part of the ground & while officers might have been heavy handed, what do people expect the police to do? Take the Corbyn approach and hand out flowers?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi, like you I expect, been to many games over the years - don't recognise any of those faces as regulars. Mix of wannabee hooligans taking the result into account and wanting a ruck. Sad really. Every club has them unfortunately. The answer is improved educational standards across the UK but we've been saying that for 30 years or more.