Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2009
Martyn":3t6tkdnp said:
philmeboots":3t6tkdnp said:
Martyn":3t6tkdnp said:
Here we go, we lose and it is the ref's fault

Were you at the match? With that comment I assume not! Two of our best crocked five bookings against them, the ball boy assaulted by one of their players. Kicked off the park!!

Another typical reply,
, 'where you at the game', comment.

They picked up 5 bookings for Christ sake. The ref has no control, over how badly we played second half.

I think you're missing the point entirely. Nobody is exonerating the players from blame. The ref was appalling, plain and simple. And as this is the "RATE THE REF" thread, then what better place to express one's views on his performance.

Out of interest though, were you there to actually see his performance?

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
It has absolutely nothing to do with argyle losing, the ref was abismal when we were winning 2-1! If you can't see that the ref was awful you shouldn't be watching football.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Started off ok and got progressively worse. Yellow was an appropriate colour for him to wear. 3/10

Jul 3, 2013
Apart from the imaginary free kick when they put the ball out for Sarcevic injury, the player not getting booked for going into the crowd after they scored and the pushing over of the ball boy he didnt do too badly, anybody who rates under 5 hasnt a scooby and let their heart rule their head.

Apr 6, 2009
Ref was terrible, lost control. Should have given a red. Got the feeling orient wantedto just obliterate our players.

I hope the ball boy in incident gets looked at retrospectively as that was just assault

Apr 8, 2014
Stiffler":3li6nf35 said:
Apart from the imaginary free kick when they put the ball out for Sarcevic injury, the player not getting booked for going into the crowd after they scored and the pushing over of the ball boy he didnt do too badly, anybody who rates under 5 hasnt a scooby and let their heart rule their head.

When Matt Kennedy was down, Sarcevic tried to get them to put the ball out. This led to the player kicking the ball in my opinion at Sarcevic in frustration. Rewind a few years when this happened at Highbury, a player was down and someone (it escapes me who) kicked the ball at them in the aim of putting the ball out for their throw and got sent off. If he didn't kick the ball at Sarcevic and it was a free kick then it's a booking for kicking the ball away. No one got booked for celebrating in the crowd and no punishment for the ball boy situation. He missed multiple fouls in both halfs. Bradley got pushed in the back more than once. I think anyone who seen the same game as me are entitled to score him under 5.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It makes you wonder when you see Refs making decisions against a team owned by Italians.

1 for bringing his whistle.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Gave a 5. Poor. He should have stamped his authority early doors, by the time Sarcevic was kicked into touch it was too late

Sarcevic is key to us. Bradley a loss, but this bloke has an engine and knits everything together

Aug 5, 2009
Stiffler":15r5z7g1 said:

So, at this precise time, 61 have voted amd only 5 people have voted 5 or over. Out of the 61 who have voted, are you genuinely believing that 56 of them "haven't got a scooby"?

tavigreen

✅ Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
Gave him 3, he let their captain ref the majority of the game. Shame we didn't have an outfield player doing the same.

Dec 17, 2016
I gave him a 2.... probably more than the ref deserved!! Absolutely shocking, no control, didn't stamp out the opposition's continuous late tackling/fouling....I assume our two injuries came from similar illegal tackles......totally disregarded the opposition's time wasting.....when they scored the winner not only did he prevent them running to their fans to carry out an extended celebration, he then strolled back with their players as if he didn't have a care in the world and then let their dawdling final player take his time to get back into his own half to allow the restart and absolutely no rebuke from the ref!!

A prize plonker if ever there was one and a disgrace to professional refereeing!! he should be ashamed! :furious:

Jan 13, 2017
Truly awful. Why are referees so scared of sending players off? The free kick for one of their players kicking the ball away sums up just how inept this bloke was. Completely bottling the pushing the ballboy incident to add to the list as well. Argyle had their faults for sure but the referee was so weak which is just what Orient needed to employ their thuggery tactics tonight.

Apr 29, 2016
The best decision was to halt play due to a head injury and then instead of restarting with a drop ball or asking Argyle to return the ball back to them, he let them take a free kick to restart play. Absolutely unbelievable!