Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The ref was a disgrace. Totally inept and bottled several decisions that potentially would of changed the result.
How both Argyle and Orient ended the game with 11 players is beyond me. They were kicking lumps out of us and he failed to deal with it. I thought we were going to run out of subs TBH. Their goal celebrations were all yellow card incidents and the ball boy incident is a straight red just like Hazards.

We threw that game away by losing our composure but the ref is partly to blame by losing control of the game and allowing Orient to do what they wanted

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
To be fair I thought he started well, booking a few of their players. But the more they got into his ear the more conviction he lost. Was just a free for all by the end. Couldn't believe at one point he played an advantage for a foul in midfield after the ball had gone 30 yards all the way back to McCormick. Bizarre, gutless refereeing.

Dec 3, 2005
it is games like this that I wish Football had the same as Rugby - a 10 minute sin bin - booking players is fine, BUT the team they are booked against hardly gain an advantage - send them to the sin bin = instant advantage.

Oh I gave him 2 points and I would give ONE point for the linesman on the Grandstand side.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Hmmm, 4th tier games get 4th tier officials.

He was poor, but not outstandingly so compared to so many this evening. And while on the subject, why do linesman consistently fail to keep up with play, not even giving themselves a chance at Offside? The one tonight on the grandstand side I did feel sorry for once, he gave Argyle a throw in, well, he was less than 5 feet away, but was over pulled by the ref who gave Orient a free kick from 25 metres away and with at least 6 players blocking his view.

Odd.

Jul 3, 2013
tonycholwell":2gh22chf said:
Hmmm, 4th tier games get 4th tier officials.

He was poor, but not outstandingly so compared to so many this evening. And while on the subject, why do linesman consistently fail to keep up with play, not even giving themselves a chance at Offside? The one tonight on the grandstand side I did feel sorry for once, he gave Argyle a throw in, well, he was less than 5 feet away, but was over pulled by the ref who gave Orient a free kick from 25 metres away and with at least 6 players blocking his view.

Odd.
I couldnt see who was or wasnt in the refs way qhen the linesman from 2 yards away gave the throw in but it was a definate free kick as the players leg was clipped. Similar to the forat half when Carey was clipped although the linesman gave it on that occasion.

Edited.to add, having seen the build up to yhe corner and goal regarding the ballboy, the ref was in no position to send him off as he was not even looking in that direction. However, having seen it myself there should be some sort of action taken afterwards.

Feb 21, 2011
4, did ok for an hour then completely lost the plot almost like he remembered he had Orient in his Acca.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Probably the worst refereeing display I have seen in 40+ years. He seemed t bottle the tough decisions once he's booked a couple of players. The ball boy incident was totally absurd. The ref and the linesman should be ashamed of their display.
Having said that they were only marginally worse than our defence last night. A shocking display.

Rant over...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think Huxtable was worse to be fair John.

However the other thing I noticed apart from his complete ineptitude was his ability to get in the way, it must have happened 5 or 6 times in the match. That's not him 'keeping up' style getting in the way, but getting in the way of the cross balls across the pitch. Foxy was getting right miffed with it.

Most of the refs are dire in this league, but matey boy (along with Huxtable) took it to new lengths.

As Phil said, his free kick to them from a restart was surreal.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Huxtable has been the worst ref this season followed by Sarginson last night.

After our game against Barnet Huxtable didn't get a game for three weeks so perhaps he was disciplined? He's been a regular ref since Christmas.

Mar 14, 2009
Problem is that after a defeat rating the referee so poorly just looks like sour grapes.

If the ref is going to be that weak then we need to take advantage, just like the O's did.

Jan 15, 2017
At league two level is there someone specific 'in charge' of the refs as there is in the Premiership? Do they have to watch matches back as a group and analyse decisions etc. Just curious.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":xhop8xdi said:
Problem is that after a defeat rating the referee so poorly just looks like sour grapes.

If the ref is going to be that weak then we need to take advantage, just like the O's did.

We were thumped 3-0 by Grimsby and the ref got 9/10.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
PL2 3DQ":d9cmnqe3 said:
Huxtable has been the worst ref this season followed by Sarginson last night.
After our game against Barnet Huxtable didn't get a game for three weeks so perhaps he was disciplined? He's been a regular ref since Christmas.
I don't want to embarrass anyone by naming names but I was reliable informed by 2 different and unconnected people who are "in the know" that Huxtable was poorly marked by the assessor that night and was dropped for the following few games; I hope that something similar happens to Sarginson after last night. His lack of control was shocking.

Referee inconsistency is very frustrating for both the players and the fans. On Saturday, a Wimbledon player got a second yellow card for over-celebrating after scoring. Sarginson bottled making a sending off last night on more than one occasion, including both their 2nd and 3rd goals when all the outfield players congregated behind the goal and then took an age to stroll back into position for the kick off.