Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Anyone remember a ref with white, curly hair which looked a bit like a poodle's haircut? Going back about 10 years. He always had control of the game and didn't seem to dish out the cards - he didn't need to as he always had the respect of the players and kept the game friendly.

Also there was a little chap who gave a penalty for us then changed his mind and gave the handball against Trigger back in the 2001. He always had a good game whenever he reffed our matches.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":3njahr2t said:
Anyone remember a ref with white, curly hair which looked a bit like a poodle's haircut? Going back about 10 years. He always had control of the game and didn't seem to dish out the cards - he didn't need to as he always had the respect of the players and kept the game friendly.

Also there was a little chap who gave a penalty for us then changed his mind and gave the handball against Trigger back in the 2001. He always had a good game whenever he reffed our matches.

Roger Milford???? He had "hair" but I guess that was a lot longer than 10 years ago.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Yep, Roger Milford.

You're right - except he reffed the Spurs Forest FA Cup Final in 1991. Gazza stuck his boot in Garry Parker's chest after 2 mins and Milford let him off with a talking to when he really should have been booked at least. Probably didn't want to spoil the showpiece occasion.

Few minutes later and Gazza tried to cut Gary Charles in half, did his cruciate and Stuart Pearce thumped home the free kick.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
FourMarksGreen":2b0394xt said:
Yep, Roger Milford.

You're right - except he reffed the Spurs Forest FA Cup Final in 1991. Gazza stuck his boot in Garry Parker's chest after 2 mins and Milford let him off with a talking to when he really should have been booked at least. Probably didn't want to spoil the showpiece occasion.

Few minutes later and Gazza tried to cut Gary Charles in half, did his cruciate and Stuart Pearce thumped home the free kick.

Maybe, but I was referring to him reffing our matches. I remember him always having a good match.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Try 30 years ago! Brilliant ref was Roger. Remember getting his autograph and he asked us if we knew who he was. No we said. I'm the ref he replied. Anyway, after the game he made a point of coming up to us wishing us all the best.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Really, that long ago? He might have been around 30yrs ago, but was still reffing later on.

C

Charles Plym

Lundan Cabbie":2b427lk1 said:
GreenThing":2b427lk1 said:

Roger Milford???? He had "hair" but I guess that was a lot longer than 10 years ago.

The little chap you refer to was Ray Olivier. Nice chap , good ref .

Jul 6, 2005
Ray Oliver is the father of Michael Oliver, from memory he was a pretty good Ref.

At the end of Ray Oliver's Refereeing career, father and son did back to back play-off finals at Wembley.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
demportdave":cch5i6ev said:
Ray Oliver is the father of Michael Oliver, from memory he was a pretty good Ref.

At the end of Ray Oliver's Refereeing career, father and son did back to back play-off finals at Wembley.

You are thinking of Clive Oliver who is Michael's father and refereed the L2 play-off final in 2009.

C

Charles Plym

Yes Michael Oliver' father is called Clive , the referee I refer to is called Ray Olivier ( note the I) From the Midlands .