Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Dec 21, 2010
Yes Roger Milford was a class referee. He knew how to talk to players and didn't mind sharing a few choice words. Similar to the great Gordon Hill of the 1960's and 70's who I had the pleasure of interviewing for the AFT fanzine last season.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
argyledad":10a9bodg said:
Yes Roger Milford was a class referee. He knew how to talk to players and didn't mind sharing a few choice words. Similar to the great Gordon Hill of the 1960's and 70's who I had the pleasure of interviewing for the AFT fanzine last season.

Didn't he retire to become a North London Railway Station? ;)

Seriously though, I remember him well. Good to hear he is still going strong. He must be about 90 now.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Anyway following the players ban, how long did the ref get ?

The more I see the video footage of the ball boy incident the more annoyed I get at his lying about not seeing the incident ( he was looking straight at it and automatically moved towards the scene at the time of the incident which was his instantaneous reaction to SEEING it )

Don't like calling refs a CHEAT but given his totally inept display followed by his lying its hard not to feel we were cheated

Dec 21, 2010
Gordon is alive and well and living in Exeter. He is good friends with John Hore and his memories of George Best, Rodney Marsh, Bobby Charlton, Norman Hunter et al are fascinating and often hilarious.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":19gvl5af said:

The more I see the video footage of the ball boy incident the more annoyed I get at his lying about not seeing the incident ( he was looking straight at it and automatically moved towards the scene at the time of the incident which was his instantaneous reaction to SEEING it )

Don't like calling refs a CHEAT but given his totally inept display followed by his lying its hard not to feel we were cheated

The ref was not charged, he was a witness. He claimed he didn't see the incident. They believed him. They didn't need him to say he had seen it though because they had video evidence for them to see for themselves. The referee's handling of the game had nothing to do with the independent commission. What is in the assessors report is what will lead to any recourse he will receive.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":3eagxw8t said:

Sarginson is the referee for Peterborough v Rochdale this Saturday.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3lqxyb30 said:
samjones":3lqxyb30 said:

Which suggests his assessment for the Orient game wasn't made by Pilgrim :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2aypi3s8 said:
PL2 3DQ":2aypi3s8 said:
samjones":2aypi3s8 said:

Were you at the Orient game?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1tabl9et said:
Lundan Cabbie":1tabl9et said:
PL2 3DQ":1tabl9et said:
samjones":1tabl9et said:

I wasn't Ian and at no point have I tried to defend him. I get that it was a poor performance because I have read enough on here and so many different people couldn't all be wrong. However, it does seem that the one person who was officially marking his game appears to have been generous to say the least otherwise CS would be reflecting his performance this weekend with his feet up watching Soccer Saturday.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":s2u4pcpy said:
PL2 3DQ":s2u4pcpy said:
Lundan Cabbie":s2u4pcpy said:
PL2 3DQ":s2u4pcpy said:
samjones":s2u4pcpy said:

I wasn't Ian and at no point have I tried to defend him. I get that it was a poor performance because I have read enough on here and so many different people couldn't all be wrong. However, it does seem that the one person who was officially marking his game appears to have been generous to say the least otherwise CS would be reflecting his performance this weekend with his feet up watching Soccer Saturday.

Sarginson wasn't selected as a referee the following Saturday after the Orient game after taking charge of games almost every week this season, so perhaps he was marked down by the assessor for his "performance" against Orient and given the job as 4th official as punishment?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":18odjzop said:
Lundan Cabbie":18odjzop said:
Lundan Cabbie":18odjzop said:
samjones":18odjzop said:

Sarginson wasn't selected as a referee the following Saturday after the Orient game after taking charge of games almost every week this season, so perhaps he was marked down by the assessor for his "performance" against Orient and given the job as 4th official as punishment?

Lack of transparency means we are unlikely to ever know. The weekend appointments had already been made before the Argyle/Leyton game assessors report could have reached them though.

Feb 2, 2007
Sarginson quite often has long periods of time off looking at his past history- could be for loads of reasons, other job, family issues or incompetence. The latter being the most likely.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":avwhvm43 said:
Sarginson quite often has long periods of time off looking at his past history- could be for loads of reasons, other job, family issues or incompetence. The latter being the most likely.

I would say that injury is probably the most likely. More likely than incompetence in any case.

Mar 23, 2008
He should be held to account, if a ref makes a genuine mistake in the heat of the moment then fair enough. However, clearly seeing an incident when the ball isn't in play with a clear view is surely a different matter?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Deacster":21r8g781 said:
He should be held to account, if a ref makes a genuine mistake in the heat of the moment then fair enough. However, clearly seeing an incident when the ball isn't in play with a clear view is surely a different matter?

I agree. Any committee watching that video can plainly see that the ref was looking straight at the ball and ball boy and moved towards the scene in an instantaneous reaction to the shove from the player which shows he clearly saw the incident. To say he did not see it is a complete LIE and he should be hung drawn and quartered for it.
Once again just like on the night he BOTTLED it and is as big a COWARD as Kelly.

He saw it and took no action and now is trying to get out of his MISTAKE by suggesting he didn't see it. Its fcukin laughable !

Someone on the committee should have the balls to come and say they have reviewed the video and consider he did see it from his body language.
Its just another whitewash