Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":39bip7bq said:
Deacster":39bip7bq said:
He should be held to account, if a ref makes a genuine mistake in the heat of the moment then fair enough. However, clearly seeing an incident when the ball isn't in play with a clear view is surely a different matter?

I agree. Any committee watching that video can plainly see that the ref was looking straight at the ball and ball boy and moved towards the scene in an instantaneous reaction to the shove from the player which shows he clearly saw the incident. To say he did not see it is a complete LIE and he should be hung drawn and quartered for it.
Once again just like on the night he BOTTLED it and is as big a COWARD as Kelly.

He saw it and took no action and now is trying to get out of his MISTAKE by suggesting he didn't see it. Its fcukin laughable !

Someone on the committee should have the balls to come and say they have reviewed the video and consider he did see it from his body language.
Its just another whitewash

The "independent commission" that sat for Kelly's disciplinary hearing had no power to interfere with the management of the standards of refereeing in League Two. That just wasn't their reference. They are not the FA, they are not EFL, they are not the PGMOL. They were simply there to view the evidence against Kelly.

Did they believe the referee's claim that he didn't see the incident? Maybe, maybe not but one thing is for sure. For them to make their decision on Kelly, it didn't matter one bit. They found him guilty regardless.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
You couldn't make it up - he reffed in Div 1 today and sent three off!!

I can only guess that one of their ballboys was chopped in half with a chainsaw!! :facepalm:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Pogleswoody":rnbhppu2 said:

I can only guess that one of their ballboys was chopped in half with a chainsaw!! :facepalm:

Don't be silly he wouldn't of seen or heard it :facepalm:

Judging by the number of yellows he didn't give during the orient game this game must of been a blood bath for 3 reds.
Sounds like an over correction following some counselling for his inept performance and lack of control at our game

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
samjones":1cbts3h5 said:
Pogleswoody":1cbts3h5 said:

Don't be silly he wouldn't of seen or heard it :facepalm:

Judging by the number of yellows he didn't give during the orient game this game must of been a blood bath for 3 reds.
Sounds like an over correction following some counselling for his inept performance and lack of control at our game

I bet the Orient game was 'dirtier'. I suspect that Peterborough + Rochdale were less 'robust' than Luton (I wasn't there btw! :oops: )

I agree with you. He had his knuckles rapped and told to give it if he sees it, the two sides today 'suffered' due to his ineptitude last week tbh!! :doh:

Mar 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":xo479qwl said:
samjones":xo479qwl said:
Deacster":xo479qwl said:
He should be held to account, if a ref makes a genuine mistake in the heat of the moment then fair enough. However, clearly seeing an incident when the ball isn't in play with a clear view is surely a different matter?

I agree. Any committee watching that video can plainly see that the ref was looking straight at the ball and ball boy and moved towards the scene in an instantaneous reaction to the shove from the player which shows he clearly saw the incident. To say he did not see it is a complete LIE and he should be hung drawn and quartered for it.
Once again just like on the night he BOTTLED it and is as big a COWARD as Kelly.

He saw it and took no action and now is trying to get out of his MISTAKE by suggesting he didn't see it. Its fcukin laughable !

Someone on the committee should have the balls to come and say they have reviewed the video and consider he did see it from his body language.

The "independent commission" that sat for Kelly's disciplinary hearing had no power to interfere with the management of the standards of refereeing in League Two. That just wasn't their reference. They are not the FA, they are not EFL, they are not the PGMOL. They were simply there to view the evidence against Kelly.

Did they believe the referee's claim that he didn't see the incident? Maybe, maybe not but one thing is for sure. For them to make their decision on Kelly, it didn't matter one bit. They found him guilty regardless.
Funnily enough I realised that, hence was suggesting he should be held to account but didn't say by that committee. Referees are assessed and there should be a redress system there.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Deacster":l8wau83p said:
Lundan Cabbie":l8wau83p said:
samjones":l8wau83p said:
Deacster":l8wau83p said:

Funnily enough I realised that, hence was suggesting he should be held to account but didn't say by that committee. Referees are assessed and there should be a redress system there.

It was more directed at Sam's reply.

Sep 23, 2005
Welwyn Pilgrim":2jnmmc8s said:
He sent off 3 at Peterborough today so he does have a red card in his pocket
Hmmm League 1 players given more protection than League 2 or a reaction to the criticism from his previous game?

Gam

Oct 1, 2016
jollygreenjohn":wskpdbyq said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":wskpdbyq said:
He sent off 3 at Peterborough today so he does have a red card in his pocket
Hmmm League 1 players given more protection than League 2 or a reaction to the criticism from his previous game?

Maybe he just listen too and read the assessors report and feedback from his game down here, believe it or not there are some very experienced assessors now on the EFL circuit

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Oh no, Sarginson is the ref for the Pompey game. :facepalm:

He took charge of the joke EFL trophy final last week.

May 14, 2016
Funnily enough he was also the referee for this fixture last season, which we won 2-1.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":9iw3ui7y said:
Oh no, Sarginson is the ref for the Pompey game. :facepalm:

He took charge of the joke EFL trophy final last week.

It strikes me that the Appointer has not shown a great deal of common sense. If this was a Premier fixture we would have seen the League's best referee. I fear for the outcome.