Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Chris Sarginson v Leyton Orient

Rate the Ref v Leyton Orient

Votes: 92 51.4%

Votes: 31 17.3%

Votes: 29 16.2%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1kb0u8up said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kb0u8up said:
Problem is that after a defeat rating the referee so poorly just looks like sour grapes.

If the ref is going to be that weak then we need to take advantage, just like the O's did.

We were thumped 3-0 by Grimsby and the ref got 9/10.

Yeah but over the past seasons we have seen some really outrageously bad refs. How many times do you hear "we always get s*** refs"?

Yes there were 50/50 decisions that went against us. Yes he was very lenient with them. However, I think we didn't lose because of the ref. We lost because of our own inadequacies. DA can blame the ref all he likes but he isn't the one that defended badly for their 2nd and 3rd goals.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Has the punishment already started? Sarginson has had a game most weeks this season but this Saturday he's fourth official in the Sheffield United v Scunthorpe game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":xzej68z0 said:
Does anybody know what EFL ref's get paid? Do they have other jobs? Out of interest.

It was about £350-400 a couple of years ago. The elite group in the PL get £1,150 per game on top of an annual salary.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There are football fans currently posting on websites up and down the country (except Man U) saying good ridence to Mark Clattenburg quitting. If one of our best can get the wrath of supporters then those refereeing at L2 level stand no chance whatsoever.

Nov 4, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":dlcxcnpj said:
There are football fans currently posting on websites up and down the country (except Man U) saying good ridence to Mark Clattenburg quitting. If one of our best can get the wrath of supporters then those refereeing at L2 level stand no chance whatsoever.

You don't realise how good the likes of Clattenburg are until you have an incompetent moron like Sarginson or Huxtable in charge. When we get a Premier League ref for our bigger games I always notice a difference.

P

PompeyGreene

Not wishing to upset you all but here at Pompey we are all highly amused that you are annoyed at Orient's perceived rough house tactics.
It is our opinion that that is exactly what you did to us in last season's Play Off games.
What goes around, comes around as they say.
Looks like you have a better side this year and will probably get automatic, good luck with that.
We may be Play Off bound again but you never know until it's over.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PompeyGreene":3v82ull9 said:
Not wishing to upset you all but here at Pompey we are all highly amused that you are annoyed at Orient's perceived rough house tactics.
It is our opinion that that is exactly what you did to us in last season's Play Off games.
Looks like you have a better side this year and will probably get automatic, good luck with that.

I remember we beat you with a 'competitive' header at the far post (Fortune favours the brave) and I remember that you had a keeper who couldn't catch a basketball in slow motion and had the positional sense of a blind sailor in a whirlpool but ... apart from that ... :think:

Feb 2, 2007
Pogleswoody":1oryw9u6 said:
PompeyGreene":1oryw9u6 said:

I remember we beat you with a 'competitive' header at the far post (Fortune favours the brave) and I remember that you had a keeper who couldn't catch a basketball in slow motion and had the positional sense of a blind sailor in a whirlpool but ... apart from that ... :think:

I remember the hoo haa over Matt's handbags although hardly rough house! Second leg was competitive with Pompey's midfield disintegrating. 5 Argyle yellows to Pompey 3 across the two legs and Pompey awarded a pen.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
PAFC94":2xbjl61p said:
Lundan Cabbie":2xbjl61p said:

You don't realise how good the likes of Clattenburg are until you have an incompetent moron like Sarginson or Huxtable in charge. When we get a Premier League ref for our bigger games I always notice a difference.

Yep.

The difference between ref's in the two top league's and the two bottom league's is vast.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":2hneml48 said:
PAFC94":2hneml48 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2hneml48 said:

Yep.

The difference between ref's in the two top league's and the two bottom league's is vast.

And yet PL supporters moan about refereeing just as much as fans do at this level

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That's because it's what they're used to. They'd riot if they had a L2 ref show up.

As PAFC94 said, whenever we get a top flight ref, there's a very noticeable difference, more advantages given, crack down on time wasting, just a much cleaner game in general.