Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day?

Jul 3, 2013
Surely if Reid was going anywhere then would he not be elsewhere in talks rather than where he is. :shocked:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
crownhillpilgrim":3hmay5gq said:
X Isle":3hmay5gq said:
Inevitable bi-product of doing the vast bulk of our business early. I know which route I'd rather the club took.

The X-Isle annual lack of humour award for completely and self-righteously missing the point goes to (drumroll)..... X Isle...!
Unfair - why does X-Isle ALWAYS win the award. Can't I win it please.
Oh - Tuggers has gone and let down all the tyres on RRs car and bound him up in masking tape to a chair in his office - sorted!!!
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ ... 31ae1d.jpg

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Sam, you've accepted the possibility of Reid leaving in January? We've got him on a two year deal, I'm not expecting to lose him during that time - especially if he's doing well. I'll be outraged if Argyle allow him to leave for whatever price (within reason, obviously) before he's helped get us out of this dogsh*t division.

And LG, Reid is rarely enthusiastic in his goal celebrations so I wouldn't read into it too much.

Reid isn't going anywhere in this window. If he does then this club has become more pathetic than I could ever imagine.

P

Paul_Roberts

Firstly, only a club with more money than sense would splash out what would surely be a significant transfer fee for a player who was available for free five minutes ago. I would be amazed if Reid leaves today.

Secondly, everyone knows who Reuben Reid is and that he's in prolific form - that article on the website isn't exactly a red flag to previously ignorant managers up and down the country. Unless Marvin Morgan is some kind of secret agent renowned for brokering deals, that is. For all I know Harry Redknapp's red phone could be ringing right now with news that 'Big Marv' has unearthed another hidden gem...

It is a slightly odd article to publish about one of your own players, I'll grant you, but I don't think there's anything sinister in it.

Dec 2, 2005
London
LG":2yf31tl2 said:
GreenSam":2yf31tl2 said:
I really hope that article is not preparing us for bad news. I got a shiver down my spine reading that about Reid possibly leaving the club today.

I've pretty much accepted the chances of him leaving in January are somewhere between high and near-certain. But to lose him in the same window we've signed him really would be the mother of all sucker punches.
Someone said on the way out of the Devonport on Saturday, that Reid didn't really celebrate his goal he scored because he knew it was his last one for us, and that he was on his way before deadline. :whistle:
Now if the AFT had made such a statement.......

Reid doesn't really celebrate when he scores. I thought he celebrated Saturday's more than he usually does. I think there is a bit of over analyising going on here.

I would be surprised if he went today; we only signed him in this transfer window! Is it even possible to move twice in a transfer window?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Stiffler":1s5m6pvt said:
Surely if Reid was going anywhere then would he not be elsewhere in talks rather than where he is. :shocked:
How do you know where he is?

Not a dig- genuine question because if he's currently in Plymouth then that might be good news.

LostPilgrim- it is possible, because one of them was a bosman transfer and the other one would be a fee between two clubs.

Jul 29, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":357a8y3k said:
X Isle":357a8y3k said:
Inevitable bi-product of doing the vast bulk of our business early. I know which route I'd rather the club took.

The X-Isle annual lack of humour award for completely and self-righteously missing the point goes to (drumroll)..... X Isle...!

Huh?

Dec 2, 2005
London
spowell92":1ehy8o45 said:
Sam, you've accepted the possibility of Reid leaving in January? We've got him on a two year deal, I'm not expecting to lose him during that time - especially if he's doing well. I'll be outraged if Argyle allow him to leave for whatever price (within reason, obviously) before he's helped get us out of this dogsh*t division.

And LG, Reid is rarely enthusiastic in his goal celebrations so I wouldn't read into it too much.

Reid isn't going anywhere in this window. If he does then this club has become more pathetic than I could ever imagine.

Agree with the gist but if a club was willing to pay seven figures for someone who was free 5 minutes ago we would be made to turn it down, no?

May 1, 2007
LostPilgrim":2w2e9h12 said:
spowell92":2w2e9h12 said:

Agree with the gist but if a club was willing to pay seven figures for someone who was free 5 minutes ago we would be made to turn it down, no?

Depends if we want to get promoted or not

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
spowell92":1igzsp59 said:

I've accepted it's got a strong chance of happening- I've not accepted it'd be the right thing to do.

Whereas for now, I really was certain we'd be able to enjoy him until then. Right now I'm not so certain.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
LostPilgrim":13ceeshj said:
spowell92":13ceeshj said:

Yeah, I said within reason because every player does have their price. We'd need to figure out how much it would cost to replace Reuben effectively to not dent our promotion chances and get that amount of money, minimum.

We already failed at this with the Conor transfer IMO. £70-80k left after deductions wasn't enough to get a suitable midfielder in to replace Hourihane and so we're left with a freebie in Norburn who is too lightweight to play in a two man midfield and a loanee defender in O'Connor who can only cover the defensive duties.

Seven figures would probably be enough, but realistically that offer isn't coming in and any realistic offer coming is likely to be insufficient for a replacement - especially given the time constraints. He's on a two year contract, there shouldn't be any danger of Reid not lining up against Luton.

I don't think the club will be stupid enough to let him go.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Reid article is dated Wednesday 1 October. :crazy:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
GreenSam":1yazfo3v said:
Stiffler":1yazfo3v said:
How do you know where he is?

Not a dig- genuine question because if he's currently in Plymouth then that might be good news.

LostPilgrim- it is possible, because one of them was a bosman transfer and the other one would be a fee between two clubs.
I would say ''Nandos'' but he's so fit, lean and hungry that a better bet would be the salad bar in Sainsbury's - except he's tied down in Tuggers place.