Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Baby Face Johnson":od190oq4 said:
I cannot believe what I have just read on the official site :banghead: It's clearly deliberate, no-one can be that incompetent, can they?

He may as well have run out with REID: FOR SALE above his shirt number on Saturday

C

Cobi Budge.

For what it's worth I was at Home Park about an hour ago and spoke to a player and he told me that he highly doubts anybody will be leaving the club today (I did specifically mention RR), probably not best to say who but a first team player. Mind you, I guess he would say that anyway.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Cobi Budge.":1mrmohj0 said:
For what it's worth I was at Home Park about an hour ago and spoke to a player and he told me that he highly doubts anybody will be leaving the club today (I did specifically mention RR), probably not best to say who but a first team player. Mind you, I guess he would say that anyway.

So you're saying it's worthless?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Each time I log in I'm expecting to see 'offer accepted for Reid'.

Damn you Argyle.

M

Monkey Nuts

What a way to signal our intentions!! First time in ages we've had a 20 goal a season striker, and we're already looking at possibly cashing in!!

If any league 2 club, with the possible exception of Portsmouth, come in and swipe him off us, I'll be none too pleased!!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
It absolutely reeks of someone at the club coming into work this morning and saying "what, no offers for Rueben yet? quick pop something up on the web-thingymajiggy saying how worried we are about a club with actual cash coming in and buying him"

L

leisureplymouth

Obviously Morgan was given a start late on by Sheridan. This to me seems as though Sheridan wants to see how he can take the pace and fitness required for more starts in the League to partner Alessandra up front, therefore we loan wingman Alex Bray who would take up Lewi's position on the right in order for Reid to move on if that is what happens in a couple of hours.

Jul 2, 2014
Real OG - however I don't think CCC and Lge 1 clubs who are not scoring would gamble loads of dosh on a 31 year old Lge 2 player. Anyone can see that he struggled here initially and those clubs who can't score want an instant answer. Relax gentlemen

Okay, so Reuben's 26. But remember Barry Hayles? He was 34 when he came to us in the Championship - and did pretty well. More significantly, Hayles move to then league two Bristol Rovers from a non-league team in 1997 at age 25. "He impressed immediately, scoring on his debut against Plymouth Argyle with a first half header, and went on to top the Division Two scoring chart in his first season with 23 league goals as Rovers narrowly lost 4–3 on aggregate to Northampton Town in the playoffs. After beginning the 1998–99 season [then aged 26], Hayles earned a £2 million pound move to Fulham." :tumbleweed:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
leisureplymouth":1ik6e81s said:
Obviously Morgan was given a start late on by Sheridan. This to me seems as though Sheridan wants to see how he can take the pace and fitness required for more starts in the League to partner Alessandra up front, therefore we loan wingman Alex Bray who would take up Lewi's position on the right in order for Reid to move on if that is what happens in a couple of hours.
Sorry but what a terrible move that would be.

Would really say a lot about the lack of ambition the board has if we let Reid go in the same transfer window that we signed him in FFS

Nov 22, 2006
I think you are all over reacting just a little bit to be honest, all bored are we with no defeat on the weekend to complain about

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
So what starts out as a fairly innocuous news item on the OS is suddenly transformed into Reid is going for definite by those in the know on PASOTI? Talk about over-react!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
kernow19":9tilcxr4 said:
So what starts out as a fairly innocuous news item on the OS is suddenly transformed into Reid is going for definite by those in the know on PASOTI? Talk about over-react!
The reaction is to the fact that the story is completely uncalled for putting arguably our most important player in the shop window using our own website.

It's so fudging ridiculous.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
kernow19":192c2qvh said:

Its not that I think he's off. Its that either.

a.) The club hasn't worked out that publishing articles that blatantly state that we'll sell our
best players isn't the best way to drum up enthusiasm about the club, regardless of whether
its a harsh reality or not.

or...

b.) The club is actively dangling a carrot to other clubs to see if they get a bite

either way this article should never have seen the light of day and wouldn't have done so at any self-respecting, professionally run football club

B

Baby Face Johnson

up_the_line":2y8nnt6o said:
kernow19":2y8nnt6o said:

Its not that I think he's off. Its that either.

a.) The club hasn't worked out that publishing articles that blatantly state that we'll sell our
best players isn't the best way to drum up enthusiasm about the club, regardless of whether
its a harsh reality or not.

or...

b.) The club is actively dangling a carrot to other clubs to see if they get a bite

either way this article should never have seen the light of day and wouldn't have done so at any self-respecting, professional football club

This ^^^^^^