Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Stuart House":1bmo6d1v said:
We all know we have a buffoon running the media department, I'm sure we can all assume it's not deliberately dangling a carrot!
That's what worries me, how many more clueless 'buffoons' are allowed to run departments within the club.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Just how many clubs from the Championship/League1 are going trawling through the official site of teams in the bottom division on deadline day to decide who may be available? I would imagine if Reid was on their radar he would have been for some time before now. They aren't just going to read that item then look at a few clips on YouTube to decide whether he's worth a punt or not.
That said, I have to agree it was a bit daft to publish it.

Jul 29, 2010
Exactly Kernow 19.

Tugboat":dqgwiuxj said:
kernow19":dqgwiuxj said:
So what starts out as a fairly innocuous news item on the OS is suddenly transformed into Reid is going for definite by those in the know on PASOTI? Talk about over-react!
The reaction is to the fact that the story is completely uncalled for putting arguably our most important player in the shop window using our own website.

It's so flipping ridiculous.

If any club is so bereft of a scouting network, so clueless as to how to contact Reuben's agent themselves to find out about availability that they hang about waiting for news on OUR baggo, then they're gonna be far too impoverished and incompetent as to be able to afford him anyway.

Lots of knicker twisting for me. The article could just as easily be read as a well intended but admittedly hamfisted (so no surprise to anyone) attempt to generate some fan anticipation. They should be wise enough to realise that in so doing our fundamentally knee jerking fan base will concoct some sort of negative conspiracy theory, but it doesn't mean they set out to do anything but whip up some interest in the day's events.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
kernow19":1i1l51u0 said:
Just how many clubs from the Championship/League1 are going trawling through the official site of teams in the bottom division on deadline day to decide who may be available? I would imagine if Reid was on their radar he would have been for some time before now. They aren't just going to read that item then look at a few clips on YouTube to decide whether he's worth a punt or not.
That said, I have to agree it was a bit daft to publish it.
I agree entirely.

Not the brightest idea in the world but (assuming it wasn't purposefully a hint) then we all make mistakes- far bigger mistakes have been made than this in the Argyle stratosphere.

Teams will be watching our matches- not reading our website.

Jul 29, 2010
lee_wsm":2wj3m7v0 said:
LostPilgrim":2wj3m7v0 said:
spowell92":2wj3m7v0 said:
Sam, you've accepted the possibility of Reid leaving in January? We've got him on a two year deal, I'm not expecting to lose him during that time - especially if he's doing well. I'll be outraged if Argyle allow him to leave for whatever price (within reason, obviously) before he's helped get us out of this dogsh*t division.

And LG, Reid is rarely enthusiastic in his goal celebrations so I wouldn't read into it too much.

Reid isn't going anywhere in this window. If he does then this club has become more pathetic than I could ever imagine.

Agree with the gist but if a club was willing to pay seven figures for someone who was free 5 minutes ago we would be made to turn it down, no?

Depends if we want to get promoted or not

Depends if we want to pay off the balloon payment and ensure our survival or not.

Thus, it depends on one's priorities.

Not that I think it's in any way on the cards today.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
X Isle":1mu93dm2 said:
Exactly Kernow 19.

Tugboat":1mu93dm2 said:
kernow19":1mu93dm2 said:
So what starts out as a fairly innocuous news item on the OS is suddenly transformed into Reid is going for definite by those in the know on PASOTI? Talk about over-react!
The reaction is to the fact that the story is completely uncalled for putting arguably our most important player in the shop window using our own website.

It's so flipping ridiculous.

If any club is so bereft of a scouting network, so clueless as to how to contact Reuben's agent themselves to find out about availability that they hang about waiting for news on OUR baggo, then they're gonna be far too impoverished and incompetent as to be able to afford him anyway.

Lots of knicker twisting for me. The article could just as easily be read as a well intended but admittedly hamfisted (so no surprise to anyone) attempt to generate some fan anticipation. They should be wise enough to realise that in so doing our fundamentally knee jerking fan base will concoct some sort of negative conspiracy theory, but it doesn't mean they set out to do anything but whip up some interest in the day's events.

We may both end up with egg on our face Smiffy, but I agree wholeheartedly with you on this matter:)

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Actually agree with X-Isle - pretty dumb article but not worth getting upset over. If they wanted to cash in on Reid then it would be through agents, not a p poor website no-one reads.

R

RWW

I believe that Portsmouth offered Reid double his current wages to join them in the summer. He lives it here and has no intention of leaving.

Nelson is the one we should be worrying about in Jan. quite a few big clubs sniffing around

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
RWW":i0pfllxo said:
I believe that Portsmouth offered Reid double his current wages to join them in the summer. He lives it here and has no intention of leaving.

Nelson is the one we should be worrying about in Jan. quite a few big clubs sniffing around
Facts or speculation?

Mar 23, 2013
Totally agree with this thread. ...but unfortunately this marvin article has been used in today's SUN NEW PAPER ....albeit smaller marvin kindly enlightens championship manager's they would be mad not to buy him and he expects reubin to be gone by tonight.
Marvin. ...you prat. ....what did they used to say " walls have ears "
Maybe he wants reubin out to give him more football.

Mar 23, 2013
Totally agree with the other thread. ...but unfortunately this marvin article has been used in today's SUN NEW PAPER ....albeit smaller marvin kindly enlightens championship manager's they would be mad not to buy him and he expects reubin to be gone by tonight.
Marvin. ...you prat. ....what did they used to say " walls have ears "
Maybe he wants reubin out to give him more football.

Apr 28, 2013
Sounds like Morgan wants him out as he knows he's better than him and can take his place. Obviously cares more about himself than the success of the team!