Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I think he may have been badly advised. Would be good to have him back in the squad (should never have declined a new contract)--but of course we have no idea if he has totally burnt his bridges with Argyle. Clearly he needs to get fit to have any chance of securing a contract anywhere and perhaps Argyle could at least help him with that.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Everyone should stop worrying about Reuben...He is absolutely fine and is resting up and enjoying time with his family and has thoroughly been enjoying the Pakistan test series. He has 7 offers on the table and is in no rush to sign any of them knowing that as certain clubs become more desperate for goals and points the more wage he can demand. The same game that Kanu-Robson is playing. I am sure by the end of August he will have a tasty contract with one of the League 1 clubs that are after him....

Feb 2, 2007
edmonds200":qjsqjafw said:
Everyone should stop worrying about Reuben...He is absolutely fine and is resting up and enjoying time with his family and has thoroughly been enjoying the Pakistan test series. He has 7 offers on the table and is in no rush to sign any of them knowing that as certain clubs become more desperate for goals and points the more wage he can demand. The same game that Kanu-Robson is playing. I am sure by the end of August he will have a tasty contract with one of the League 1 clubs that are after him....

Choose to name the seven?

Or maybe it's eight now, a couple of Championship, a Premiership desperate for another Vardy and a Serie A mid-table also ran. Potentially MLS team too- can't name the team but apparently it's something to do with a Large Apple and "Big, Fat" Frank.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
edmonds200":25bauz2e said:

Wonder if any league one clubs will come in and offer him a tasty contract, when he's had no pre season, and is resting up watching tv. Bit of a joke if you ask me.

Aug 5, 2016
edmonds200":1n0kt3ch said:

Do these 7 clubs not bother with medicals then, unlike all the other clubs who took a pass on him?

I'd love to see him back personally, if he can prove his fitness.

I'd imagine it will be Reuben who has to drop his wage demands though, rather than sit waiting for clubs desperate for a striker who has been injured for most of 12 months and who's had no preseason to solve their goalscoring problems.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The-Pilgrim":12kymutm said:
Am I the only one that's starting to feel a bit sorry for him? Yes I know he rejected our offer but this was a bloke who this time last year 99% of people on here would have been terrified of losing who for whatever reason is now left without a club. He should be in a better situation than he is.

Well I've had loads/several jobs in my life where, if I could have, I would have walked away, too much aggro/pressure/bullying etc etc .. but I didn't. I had mortgages to pay and responsibilities to meet.
If I had walked away, then I wouldn't ask or expect anyone to feel sorry for me.
I certainly wouldn't have sat around watching sport on telly with no job/wage.

Feb 2, 2007
edmonds200":3meyfg32 said:
As I said nick do NOT worry about Reub...

On the contrary, Noel, I am not worried about R. Although now you say it I have a tiny doubt creeping in that he may end up recreating his Yeovil/WB form wherever (if ever) he plies his trade

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
nick_PASTIE":31a9aif1 said:
edmonds200":31a9aif1 said:

On the contrary, Noel, I am not worried about R. Although now you say it I have a tiny doubt creeping in that he may end up recreating his Yeovil/WB form wherever (if ever) he plies his trade
Can happily say I have not missed a single minute's sleep over RR's future (or lack of). It is the way of things that decent players come and go. The door on the team entrance has always been, metaphorically speaking, a revolving one. Mostly we do not give those that have gone a second thought, though really special people like (and the list is by no means complete) Sammy Black, the famous Jack Chisolm, Wilf Carter, Ernie Machin, Tommy Tynan, Russell Coughlin and Steve McCall tend to live longer in the memory after they have left the club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
memory man":3hcvn0qt said:
nick_PASTIE":3hcvn0qt said:
edmonds200":3hcvn0qt said:

Can happily say I have not missed a single minute's sleep over RR's future (or lack of). It is the way of things that decent players come and go. The door on the team entrance has always been, metaphorically speaking, a revolving one. Mostly we do not give those that have gone a second thought, though really special people like (and the list is by no means complete) Sammy Black, the famous Jack Chisolm, Wilf Carter, Ernie Machin, Tommy Tynan, Russell Coughlin and Steve McCall tend to live longer in the memory after they have left the club.
Interesting for new topic really, but Johnny Williams and Peter Anderson immediately spring to mind.
See new topic, courtesy of 'memory man'.

Mar 18, 2014
Seems though everything concerning anyone's medical condition is private and confidential, where do the rumours come from? Not Reuben, unless he wants to retire, and if it is from a club then Reuben should be contacting a solicitor for breach of confidentiality.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Most of the information about Reuben comes from his agent, his former landlord or Reuben himself. I just wish he would sign for another club and get on with his career.
We have to be grateful for his contribution and goals in 2013/14 and 2014/15, in particular, but he is part of our history now.

Incidentally, from his former landlord :-
Reuben loves reading these threads...great motivator for him.

So, good luck Reuben; hope you are back playing soon.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Always been a great fan of Reuben's, but I think that for whatever reason he's in a difficult situation here. I know nothing about his fitness, injuries etc. but 4 games into the season and no club?--It's kind of unusual if, as we are led to believe by some, there are no problems. How do you keep match fit in this situation? Good luck to him anyway, love to see him back at Argyle.