Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
No mate. Definitely Australia mentioned somewhere on pasoti/ pasoti link to comic. Just walking down to Brit, I'll have a search for it. Not signed yet according to bbc, although he was playing first match of season for Newport if previous posters were to be believed?

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Knew I'd seen Australia somewhere linking to Reid

Keepitgreen":33o977e8 said:
The Reid saga goes from comical to farcical. His agent is now touting him in Australia.

He's also come out with this gem:

Adedeji also admitted that neither himself or Reid were in a hurry to attach to a club, saying: "We are not in a hurry. We are taking our time, exploring the market and weighing up options.
"Clubs who are not willing to wait can find another striker, no problem."

Herald

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
John Cooper":3o3l2lp3 said:
Knew I'd seen Australia somewhere linking to Reid

Keepitgreen":3o3l2lp3 said:
The Reid saga goes from comical to farcical. His agent is now touting him in Australia.

He's also come out with this gem:

Adedeji also admitted that neither himself or Reid were in a hurry to attach to a club, saying: "We are not in a hurry. We are taking our time, exploring the market and weighing up options.
"Clubs who are not willing to wait can find another striker, no problem."

Herald

Well he did walk about a lot!! :coat:

Dec 16, 2004
In my opinion it was unlikely that reuben was going to sign for anyone before the end of august. His value goes up significantly out of the window and is more likely to get a better club. It's a simple case of supply and demand; reuben is a more scarce resource when there are no loan players available.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Never thought of it that way.

I can't believe someone of his calibre has to go through this though.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
lyndhurst13":1jajzavw said:
In my opinion it was unlikely that reuben was going to sign for anyone before the end of august. His value goes up significantly out of the window and is more likely to get a better club. It's a simple case of supply and demand; reuben is a more scarce resource when there are no loan players available.
And risk clubs getting their men in before the window shuts?? Add that to his injury record and it's a bit of a gamble.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Who cares? Thinks he's better than the club that offered him a chance to reignite his career and believed all the hype about bigger clubs wanting him .... I refer to Berry who left the ended up in January at Cheltenham before being relegated and then released

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
cheshiregreen":3oj28awx said:
Reuben was strongly linked to Newport.

However, they have brought in a striker on loan. Not sure if County have a budget that will allow them to bring in a more experienced (presumably more expensive) striker as well.

http://mobile.newport-county.co.uk/news ... 84790.aspx

Difficult to persuade a chairman that spending his money on a player with a doubtful injury status is a wise move at any level. There must come a time when National league wages begin to look attractive when you're not earning at all.

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3jdranj7 said:
cheshiregreen":3jdranj7 said:
Reuben was strongly linked to Newport.

However, they have brought in a striker on loan. Not sure if County have a budget that will allow them to bring in a more experienced (presumably more expensive) striker as well.

http://mobile.newport-county.co.uk/news ... 84790.aspx

Difficult to persuade a chairman that spending his money on a player with a doubtful injury status is a wise move at any level. There must come a time when National league wages begin to look attractive when you're not earning at all.

Well if he's holding back on 7 offers and holding out for £2,000 a week, it will have to be a fair sized non league team! Newport was the last I heard? What's going on with these seven offers that Newport's contract offer is top of the pile?

Oct 24, 2014
reid is not to bothered in playing again, he has his own business (gym) set up in bristol now, and is more concerned with that..

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
greybeard":14h77ps6 said:
reid is not to bothered in playing again, he has his own business (gym) set up in bristol now, and is more concerned with that..
That's sounds like more post rationalisation I'm afraid--and it's a big shift from the '7 clubs are interested/we are in no hurry to sign' message from a few days ago. Why not just admit he's probably still injured, not match fit and no one is queuing up to sign him? Most of us worked this out weeks ago. I like Reuben but I think he has had some poor advice-should have stayed with Argyle, got fit, and could have been part of an increasingly good looking squad.