Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
We are now nearly 14 pages into an Argyle Old Boy topic. The question I would raise is when exactly do the Mods intend to say 'enough is enough' and we move on, as there seems to be a repetitive cycle of raking over old ground.
Can older posters than me recall a longer trail for an Old Boy subject?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Quintrell_Green":3tm3i3tc said:
We are now nearly 14 pages into an Argyle Old Boy topic. The question I would raise is when exactly do the Mods intend to say 'enough is enough' and we move on, as there seems to be a repetitive cycle of raking over old ground.

It's a thread about an old player, it's on the right forum. I don't see a need to move it anywhere. It will subside and fall down the board when people no longer feel the need to add to it.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":mgyjhsvp said:
It's a long running saga. I'm sure when, or if, he finds another club the thread will soon die of death.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":ga81hpzi said:

So you want the mods to lock the topic, even though people want to discuss and speculate what Reuben's options are and what his future holds?

It's on the right thread and people are talking about it in one continuous thread, so why the need for mods to interfere?

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Knibbsworth":ldd7sxck said:
Quintrell_Green":ldd7sxck said:

So you want the mods to lock the topic, even though people want to discuss and speculate what Reuben's options are and what his future holds?

It's on the right thread and people are talking about it in one continuous thread, so why the need for mods to interfere?

Because other clubs are reading the thread and worried his gym venture might take off and cost even more money to sign him and his amazingly physically fit body

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
Let's not mock. Reuben has been a good servant to Argyle and scored many, many goals. I'll never forget has hat trick away at Exeter - what a game he had that day. Thank you Reuben! Let's just wish him well.................

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Mercedes my views on Reid are well know. He could've done so much more than he did and I for one am not said to see the back of him. The fact he thinks he could do so much better than Argyle and still remains without back club speaks volumes

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Gloucester Green":1nk9ln5p said:
Mercedes my views on Reid are well know. He could've done so much more than he did and I for one am not said to see the back of him. The fact he thinks he could do so much better than Argyle and still remains without back club speaks volumes

I am not sure your final point is true. The first one certainly isn't.

My understanding from what those close to him have posted is that he wanted a better offer than we gave him. It wasn't a case of him doing better than Argyle, he thought/was given to think that someone elsewhere was prepared to offer more. He underestimated the cost of his injury. By the time it came round we had moved on.

As mercedes says, thank him and move on. I feel sorry for him. If Sheridan hadn't played him when injured, would his injury have been so bad?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mark Pedlar":1l3j4947 said:
Gloucester Green":1l3j4947 said:

My understanding from what those close to him have posted is that he wanted a better offer than we gave him. It wasn't a case of him doing better than Argyle, he thought/was given to think that someone elsewhere was prepared to offer more. He underestimated the cost of his injury. By the time it came round we had moved on.

As mercedes says, thank him and move on. I feel sorry for him. If Sheridan hadn't played him when injured, would his injury have been so bad?
That last point is a very good one Mark.
Especially from some of the stories I heard from a few people at the time.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
It's all hearsay .... until he comes out and talks about it I shall have my opinion which is the beauty of football. If all the players were offered deals below their expectations then it is consistent with all and if they don't want to stay on the deal offered then the door is open. I've moved on and am backing who we have wearing the shirt. As for playing when he was injured nobody made him and it's not like he was a trainee who hasn't been around to say No

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Gloucester Green":1d75wiau said:
It's all hearsay .... until he comes out and talks about it I shall have my opinion which is the beauty of football. If all the players were offered deals below their expectations then it is consistent with all and if they don't want to stay on the deal offered then the door is open. I've moved on and am backing who we have wearing the shirt. As for playing when he was injured nobody made him and it's not like he was a trainee who hasn't been around to say No

True but maybe he did it because he thought he was trying to get the club promoted.

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3ac1nktu said:
Gloucester Green":3ac1nktu said:

Also people talking about Reid as if he is spoilt don't know the circumstances.

If he was on £2,000 per week on a 2-year deal under Sheridan, then offered a 1-year deal on £900 a week under Adams, the latter deal would seem a slap in the face for a striker who has proven himself far better than most in the division in recent years.

The figures are purely hypothetical. My main point is turning down a deal doesn't make him automatically ungrateful or greedy. Plenty of them did it this summer. Adams said as much at the Q and A, that this season has been about using the resources he has available a bit more wisely. Reading between the lines, I doubt many Sheridan signings were offered improved terms or even existing terms (except perhaps McHugh), but given a lower pay offer and told to like it or lump it.

Oct 24, 2014
Knibbsworth":234h9o61 said:
Mark Pedlar":234h9o61 said:
Gloucester Green":234h9o61 said:

Also people talking about Reid as if he is spoilt don't know the circumstances.

If he was on £2,000 per week on a 2-year deal under Sheridan, then offered a 1-year deal on £900 a week under Adams, the latter deal would seem a slap in the face for a striker who has proven himself far better than most in the division in recent years.

The figures are purely hypothetical. My main point is turning down a deal doesn't make him automatically ungrateful or greedy. Plenty of them did it this summer. Adams said as much at the Q and A, that this season has been about using the resources he has available a bit more wisely. Reading between the lines, I doubt many Sheridan signings were offered improved terms or even existing terms (except perhaps McHugh), but given a lower pay offer and told to like it or lump it.
the players on contracts from the sheridan era , were offered less, tylers was 250 quid a month less than what he was on before, which he declined, and is prob on even less now,work that one out !, but yes players which adams did not sign were on a lot more than players he did sign, this summer everything was evened up , hence why so many left!