Ruben Lameiras (signs - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ruben Lameiras (signs - confirmed)

Aug 22, 2006
Ha! I know him through Football Manager. Signed him on loan after winning promotion to league 1, along with Larnell Cole and Charly Musonda. He wasn't too bad. Back to reality, potentially a good signing although i'm not sure it does spell the end of Carey. Don't think he's as effective or as involved. More of a flair player... think Tanner.

Jun 2, 2016
Mark Pedlar":1js6z9bs said:
That's the end of Carey then

Do you think DA would spend the equivalent of GC10's salary on a largely unproven midfielder who has little record of influencing / winning games at this level ? Don't see the link with Carey at all.
If / when we get confirmation Carey has left, would expect the replacement to have a lot more experience & success under his belt.

Nov 2, 2004
From a squad point of view,he looks like a Tanner replacement.I love that description of his defensive abilities,why cant the Herald report like that?Welcome to Argyle.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Greenarmy99":jry121r6 said:
Just admit none of us fans know about anyone who's signing just like Ainsworth signed from outta nowhere, people just spend all day on twitter looking for little snippets.
Just admit it - some know much better than others what to look for on Twitter. For the second summer in a row Lew1998 has moved a snippet to a fact and he certainly earns my admiration for that.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark Pedlar":2muy69w0 said:

Don't be ridiculous. Would you have just said that for any attacking midfielder we'd signed? Are we only allowed to have one creative central midfielder?

Jun 24, 2011
Will be interesting to see this one in action. Might frustrate a few fans but then I seem to remember people thought the same about Bolasie. Adams has a good record of getting the best out of players, so promising.

Dec 8, 2011
memory man":2a9g1f78 said:
Greenarmy99":2a9g1f78 said:
Just admit none of us fans know about anyone who's signing just like Ainsworth signed from outta nowhere, people just spend all day on twitter looking for little snippets.
Just admit it - some know much better than others what to look for on Twitter. For the second summer in a row Lew1998 has moved a snippet to a fact and he certainly earns my admiration for that.

Spencer last year was one I knew of there's one more in the pipeline but I'm not 100% so not saying anything yet

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Well, having viewed the YouTube videos (because that's where the best scouting is done), I'm actually pleased with this signing.

That lad appears to have a wand of a left peg, can see and pick a pass and is not afraid to try things in the final third. Sure, he's been inconsistent but, at 22 years old, I think there's enough there for DA to gamble on and develop. Could be a wee nuggett (sorry, couldn't resist).

I see the Carey similarities, but I still think he fit's into a side with Carey still in it. I think he's more of a threat to Jake and our new lad Ainsworth.

Feb 3, 2009
I have a Coventry supporting mate and asked him what the thought...... he sent a photo of his son with Ruben and this point of view ....

This photo should answer your question - my son adored him and their decision to not offer a contract was a factor in us not renewing our season tickets. He's a bit lightweight so gets a lot of flak, but very skillful and draws a lot of fouls. He was a bit on and off for us until Robins decided to play him just behind the striker - then I thought he looked excellent. So delighted for you, mad at CCFC!

Playing for spurs youth team here he seems to be playing as a central number 10. Loads of
through balls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEBnz2RFlMM
The coventry clips shows he has bulked out a bit. Excellent first touch and still only 22.
Hopefully lots of improvement to come
What with the kind of player ainsworth looks as well thats 2 pretty mobile and skilful
players to enjoy next season. GC10 re signing as well and we will be spoilt for choice.

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":liq6hkzb said:
Mark Pedlar":liq6hkzb said:

Don't be ridiculous. Would you have just said that for any attacking midfielder we'd signed? Are we only allowed to have one creative central midfielder?
It's the same with the 'he'll get more money elsewhere so clearly he must be off' thing. It's like some folk can't wait to push Carey out the door. He might go, but he might stay, and surely to goodness we all want him to stay?

The definitive Janner surrender monkey attitude is belied in that post, 'a full glass is just two half empty glasses' :roll:

Anyways...Welcome aboard Ruben, bon Vimto and all that :wink:

You can grow here, you've come from a club in crisis to a club coming back from crisis. They're looking at their navels, we're looking upwards, enjoy :cool: