Ruben Lameiras (signs - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ruben Lameiras (signs - confirmed)

Nov 22, 2006
Does look a talent welcome Ruben hopefully you're more fondly remembered than the last midfielder we signed who was just released by Coventry

Mar 23, 2008
Green Giant":1oy6x84u said:
Does look a talent welcome Ruben hopefully you're more fondly remembered than the last midfielder we signed who was just released by Coventry
Robert Betts?

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
An attack more comfortable in possession, maybe.

Looking at last season, I'd have put our ability to defend as #1, by a daylight margin. Yet our attack barely top 10. So that DA priorities its frailty is good news. To get a relatively experienced box striker at the club will be the challenge, DA has yet to show he can bag one, whose legs aren't shot or mind in tatters anyhow. Someone who might not play in all 46, nor as lone striker, but capable of enabling a tactics change, certainly in stalemate home games, which'll figure in staying up first season.

And my apology to Martyn, re doubting/mocking Mister Starnes on a signing even happening this week.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's still early days but last summer Adams went for height and muscle when signing new players and so far this summer he's gone for creative flair in the two signings he's made.

Has Adams noticed that League One requires more skill than League Two or is he just getting his ducks in a row when available?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just what I was thinking Ian. These two really make me feel like we are going to see more flair.

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":20mz4vcf said:
Just what I was thinking Ian. These two really make me feel like we are going to see more flair.
Duly tempted, the gods of fate consider their next move and put the caller on hold, the music kicks in...

...what's that coming over the hill, it's Akinfenwa :lol:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
X Isle":2rdvt8fi said:
IJN":2rdvt8fi said:
Duly tempted, the gods of fate consider their next move and put the caller on hold, the music kicks in...

...what's that coming over the hill, it's Akinfenwa :lol:
:lol: gary mills eat your heart out.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":2jsajw3c said:
It's still early days but last summer Adams went for height and muscle when signing new players and so far this summer he's gone for creative flair in the two signings he's made.

Has Adams noticed that League One requires more skill than League Two or is he just getting his ducks in a row when available?

I think the answer will be shown once we know more about the Carey situation.

If we hang onto him then it seems we could be re-inventing our team. However, if we lose him, and the fact we have to replace Kennedy & Tanner for example then it could just be that these were just so happen to be the first in line to be able to sign.

What I like about Lamieras from the clips, and it is only an instinctive feeling, is that every ball he played in a manner that moves the team forward. They were penetrating passes too. It might just be that they have edited out all his sideways passing but that is what caught my eye.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
To be honest, I've been very happy with both our signings so far! And for what it's worth, I've also signed both Lamieras and Sarcevic on Football Manager before, and they played pretty well together! Haha.