Season Tickets | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Tickets

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
£200 to £250 for a season ticket is very good value for some of these clubs. I'd bite your hand off if that was offered at Argyle. If only we had the price Bradford offered.

John Squire

Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
Dr Green":zzsw1gnw said:
If the early bird offer was reopened I'd buy one.

I'm not sure that would be fair to those of us who have already purchased our season ticket!

I missed the early bird offer to renew my ticket.

I did however renew it about three weeks ago now, before Sheridan left.

If the early bird was re-introduced, then those of us who have paid the full whack should be refunded the difference! After all we renewed before the release of Sheridan, not waiting to see who the new manager would be. :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club are pretty much restricted on full ST offers so they could offer a discount on match day ticket prices for the first two home games of the season and tap into the Adams feelgood factor that way.

By offering a silly price of £5 for each of the first two home games might just entice fans to return if they like what they see on the pitch. "Derek's Discount" :lol:

The fixture list is published next Wednesday; on the Thursday the club could really market and advertise the match day discount for the first two home games on that fixture list.

If not, then introduce a half season ticket now in addition to the usual one at Christmas. I'm sure they would sell well and entice wavering fans.

Feb 21, 2011
derbygreen":1po5zhzl said:
£200 to £250 for a season ticket is very good value for some of these clubs. I'd bite your hand off if that was offered at Argyle. If only we had the price Bradford offered.
If only we got the same average attendance......

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
BadBoy":bkcwy5is said:
derbygreen":bkcwy5is said:
If only we got the same average attendance......

Chicken and egg scenerio. Leap of faith from the board. Bradford doesn't just automatically have that amount of season tickets holders, they decided to do something different and break the mould.....and by all accounts they have! They have been offering that kind of discount for a few years now hence the numbers. Would it work at Argyle? Too big a risk? I don't know.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Problem is with the Valley Parade offer, you then have to live in Yorkshire. :twisted:

P

Positively Green

PL2 3DQ":3s4fwinf said:
The club are pretty much restricted on full ST offers so they could offer a discount on match day ticket prices for the first two home games of the season and tap into the Adams feelgood factor that way.

By offering a silly price of £5 for each of the first two home games might just entice fans to return if they like what they see on the pitch. "Derek's Discount" :lol:

The fixture list is published next Wednesday; on the Thursday the club could really market and advertise the match day discount for the first two home games on that fixture list.

If not, then introduce a half season ticket now in addition to the usual one at Christmas. I'm sure they would sell well and entice wavering fans.

Another thought would be to give an extra incentive to those with, or thinking of getting, White Memberships. Perhaps any extra matches they would like to watch could be purchased with a discount of say £2 -£3. If the HP experience is a good one and the team are doing well it would encourage those with the will to go more often but may not always have the funds. They show their support and commitment by getting the White Membership but there are often uncertainties about spare time/other commitments/money. :scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Positively Green":2j0607ue said:
PL2 3DQ":2j0607ue said:

Another thought would be to give an extra incentive to those with, or thinking of getting, White Memberships. Perhaps any extra matches they would like to watch could be purchased at a discounted price of say £2 -£3. If the HP experience is a good one and the team are doing well it would encourage those with the will to go more often but may not always have the funds. They show their support and commitment by getting the White Membership but there are often uncertainties about spare time/other commitments/money. :scarf:

Or discount the price of a second (or third, or fourth) white season ticket on production of the first etc.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Mark Pedlar":36c6jbfn said:
Positively Green":36c6jbfn said:
PL2 3DQ":36c6jbfn said:

Another thought would be to give an extra incentive to those with, or thinking of getting, White Memberships. Perhaps any extra matches they would like to watch could be purchased at a discounted price of say £2 -£3. If the HP experience is a good one and the team are doing well it would encourage those with the will to go more often but may not always have the funds. They show their support and commitment by getting the White Membership but there are often uncertainties about spare time/other commitments/money. :scarf:

Or discount the price of a second (or third, or fourth) white season ticket on production of the first etc.

That could be attractive idea Mark.

Personally, I didn't renew my Green membership and because of the terms of the White membership I haven't taken that up at this point.

I have been so fed up watching rubbish for so long now I promised myself a sabbatical to go to other grounds of all levels and regain the pleasure of being a football fan, rather than just an Argyle one.

At the end of the day I will probably get a White membership, enjoy some weekends at away games as well as going to watch other teams, including the mighty Quedgeley Wanderers:)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The club aint going to shift many season tickets at £380 a throw....Now is an ideal time to do a promotion with a new manager in charge......Maybe the club will...

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
tonycholwell":3vvbm6ea said:
Mark Pedlar":3vvbm6ea said:
Positively Green":3vvbm6ea said:
PL2 3DQ":3vvbm6ea said:

That could be attractive idea Mark.

Personally, I didn't renew my Green membership and because of the terms of the White membership I haven't taken that up at this point.

I have been so fed up watching rubbish for so long now I promised myself a sabbatical to go to other grounds of all levels and regain the pleasure of being a football fan, rather than just an Argyle one.

At the end of the day I will probably get a White membership, enjoy some weekends at away games as well as going to watch other teams, including the mighty Quedgeley Wanderers:)

Look forward to welcoming you to Watewells Tony! I've even managed to change tradition and make QWFC's away strip green for next season!!

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Leave it as it is, but remove early bird next year (by that I mean keep cheaper price)

First time for 12 years but i Haven't bought one so far as broke, expect to go to all games now Sheridan ain't around, but sprog two is due in Jan so who knows what will happen then. Miss out.on one or two and no savings to me made

To be fair I don't want to tell the wife I haven't bought one as it will be tricky to convince her to let me go if she knows the money hasn't been spent already.

Some excitement is creeping in now.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Is it just me or is £80 not that much of a discount over buying individual match tickets? That's only 4 games out of 23 and I'd assume that most people miss 2 or 3 a year through illness/holidays/laziness?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
ONLY £380 the official site says,as if its loose change.The discount is somewhat embarrassing as it only represents 4 games for free and any season ticket holder could miss 4 games due to clashes with other appointments(weddings etc) so a season ticket represents no discount at all....In fact most fans would be better off paying on the day than buying a season ticket.I certainly wont be forking out £380 that's for sure....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You didn't fork out £320 either then.

So what's your point?