Season Tickets | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season Tickets

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN ....the season ticket price is a rip off at £380...fans would be better off paying on the day,just as I will do next season.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
oddball":1iy7hibx said:
ONLY £380 the official site says,as if its loose change.The discount is somewhat embarrassing as it only represents 4 games for free and any season ticket holder could miss 4 games due to clashes with other appointments(weddings etc) so a season ticket represents no discount at all....In fact most fans would be better off paying on the day than buying a season ticket.I certainly wont be forking out £380 that's for sure....

How many do you want for free then, all 23? :facepalm:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ollie .....funny out of 6000 odd viewers/members a MOD is the first to join in

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":3k4bn91r said:
Ollie .....funny out of 6000 odd viewers/members a MOD is the first to join in

Very strange thing to say Alan, Mods not allowed to comment in your books then?

Anyway, back to the subject matter.

Lucky you're not an Exeter fan. £411 to sit down and see that crap, or £488 to sit in the 'Main Stand' !!! So comparatively, Argyle are expensive are they?

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
As this thread disintegrates into a price debate its worth remembering two factors
- a season ticket purchase invests money in the club in advance and every one purchased makes a difference when the financial planning takes place
- by purchasing a season ticket you are also purchasing a insurance policy of priority ticket offers. If you want to be able to buy a Exeter/ Bristol Rovers away ticket the day they go on sale for example - you are going to need to be a season ticket holder. This of course will have extra value should we get a prem team away in the third round of the cup and only get offered say 4,000 tickets.

Mar 14, 2009
I don't get why people complaining.

You know the score. Pay early, get a bigger discount. Isn't it spread over 12 months still with DD if you want?

If you choose to wait then unfortunately you get hit in your pocket. However, you still get 4 games free. Like someone said how many games do you want?

If people paid earlier then perhaps the club could actually get even better players in.

However lets be honest here, if the club isn't performing by Christmas and the games are poor then quite a few fans wont be turning up. So the club loses out here.

Its a gamble. You either pay and take the risk or you pay more and if its a good season it will cost you more in your pocket.

Sometimes I do wonder just exactly what people want. If you cant afford to go that's one thing. Yet if you trying to work out of you can save a tenner here and there overall then I cant see your logic in not buying early!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
MGM...Argyle have the most expensive season ticket in the league at £380...the club says its ONLY £380..... but it doesn't change things in that despite living in one of the lowest wage earning areas of the country fans are being asked,yet again today on the OS, to stump up £380 .. this aint London,its little old Plymouth where fans dont earn a lot,especially the working class and yet they are being asked to fork out £380.... .its a rip off....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
£380 to sit down at a football match in this division is by no means the most expensive Alan.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN ....maybe not for one match but over a season it is... A season ticket at Argyle works out at £16-52 per match...whereas a season ticket at Leyton Orient works out at £7-80 per match....some difference ....eh?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":3td822et said:
IJN ....maybe not for one match but over a season it is... A season ticket at Argyle works out at £16-52 per match...whereas a season ticket at Leyton Orient works out at £7-80 per match....some difference ....eh?

Argyle don't have West Ham and Tottenham on their doorstep though

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
£395 for Torquay and £411 at Exeter. You work it out Alan.

Mar 14, 2009
Well I cant say I'm on a great income but I budget for it.

Some things I go without whilst others I choose to do.

Argyle is one thing I find hard to give up tbh.

I hate saying this to people but lets be honest. Its all about priorities. How much do you really want to go?

From what I gather a lot of it is about hedging your bets as to whether Argyle have a good season or not so that determines how many times you turn up. I cant say this is what a football fan should be like but I guess each to their own.

Personally, I think its about commitment. Every year I question it, but I only do that because that's what your suppose to do. TBH, I love going. Even when its bad, I cant give it up.

Argyle are my addiction.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
As Oddball says 4 "free" games isn't worth forking out for up front at £380 as like he says that is about the number of games most season ticket holders might miss anyway for various reasons. Whilst we are in league 2 neither is there any great risk of missing out on a ticket for a big game or guaranteeing a seat. The early bird with about 7 "free games" is obviously a better deal and much more worth taking up. Unless Oddball was genuinely in a position where he couldn't finance £320 for the early bird then personally it is no good him moaning about the £380 now as he had his opportunity and missed out. For those now considering paying £380 or paying match by match the match by match option would probably be more attractive unless they were confident they would only miss 1 or 2 games.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
IJN":22msoknd said:
£380 to sit down at a football match in this division is by no means the most expensive Alan.

It's true, but it's expensive enough to think twice about.

It's the 'entertainment' industry and us fans don't have to buy into it.

It would be easier to buy without sheridan around but if I had the money at the right time I still would have (or at least locked it away till a change of management. All in all, mine came down to the simple decision of missing a mortgage payment or buying a luxury. This is real life guys, argyle ST will always be available next year.