Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room.

Dec 12, 2010
Plymouth
I have just heard that Sheridan has resigned apparently to spend more time with his family. He has been frustrated that he could not turn things around.

C

Cobi Budge.

This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, not saying it's true, don't shoot the messenger.

May 22, 2006
Cobi Budge.":2pjvo25d said:
This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, not saying it's true, don't shoot the messenger.

Club tweeted this 15 minutes ago...

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle 15m

Final Pilgrim home programme of the season on Sat - and John Sheridan will answer your questions...so ask away (politely, please) #askShez

...so I doubt it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":2bwa7lnp said:
This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, don't shoot the messenger.

If true it would explain the last few weeks. Decisions like this are not made lightly so it would prey heavy on his mind. With nothing to play for now it would also make sense but really, he should have seen out the season. No time now for anyone to come in from outside to sort out player contracts before they disappear.

Does leave a space for Warnock to get his boots wet though.

Jan 27, 2012
Personally, I think the main problem is the quality of the players in the squad. They are 4th tier standard and no better. It doesn't matter how you manage them. If they are not good enough, they are not good enough.

Maybe its Sheridan's fault for offering some of them contracts, or maybe the budget is just too weak to get decent players.

Aug 5, 2005
Cobi Budge.":cc12fykz said:

Won't this person now be in trouble with their employers?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Clearly, there is a fan base split over the manager now. Never a healthy situation.

JS has said again after today match that he wants winners. Don't we all? :)

But if we look at today's side and used subs, Parsons, Banton, Reid, Alessandra, Morgan, Showumni and Blizzard (50%) were all recruited by Sheridan. In addition, Boco, Trotman, Thomas and McCormick are also his signings. Have I missed any?

Point is he has undertaken a major rebuild of the squad he inherited and clearly failed to bring in enough winners or leaders - maybe he couldn't recruit the ones he really wanted, but, I guess the question now is can he identify and attract the right ones between now and August?

Looking back (with the benefit of hindsight), the signings reflect the team's inconsistency - some good, some poor. Maybe, we shouldn't be surprised we can win 4-0 at Fleetwood and lose by same score at Bury a few weeks later.

Personally, I expect Sheridan to start the new season in charge, but, the pressure will mount quickly without a good start to the campaign.

G

Greenskin

Mork":1bv4x0ll said:
If Sheridan has lost the changing room,does this mean work has started on the new granstand?

Hope not.Enough bad news today already.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Jason Winser":1kf6484a said:
he has gone apparently, chris errington running around home park trying to get someone to confirm it

Moyes in! Seriously though I'm skeptical about these rumours.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
he has definitely lost the dressing room.the players could not care less and did you see the lack of passion on our bench compared to wimbledon.sheridan is like a wino and harbin,sean and owers are like statues.utterly clueless,as somebody has said we are getting beat and he brings on blanchard :furious: and having wrongly thrown the towel in after the bury debacle and admitted the season was over he persists in playing shommesomeability ahead of our own staff :banghead: namely morgan and harvey.sack him now mr. brent along with the other coaching staff and then clear out of our club and hand over the reins to tony wrathall.i am embarassed to be an argyle fan these days.