Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Deacster":cxoygfze said:
spowell92":cxoygfze said:
I've not seen or heard any of the celebrations from Burnley today either, but I suspect Dyche has thanked and praised his players' efforts over the season. It's a two way street and only half the team at Argyle are delivering for Sheridan. There's only so much he can do.
Not a case of only so much he can do more there is SO much he could do but isn't. One of my concerns with him is a lack of direction, I don't know where he's trying to take us or how. You talk about believing in his vision, what do you see? Genuine question as all I see is a scattergun approach to signings, lack of a clear tactical game plan and no real defined style of play.

I can see what you're saying and the vision and direction should be looked at. I'm not sure he wants us to be playing 3-5-2 next season, or whether at the minute he's playing it as a means to an end. It does allow Banton a free role behind Reid while keeping a partner up top for Reuben. He's an attack minded manager, but he's not got the right players really. He obviously prefers attacking players like Lewi, Obadeyi, Lavery, Banton, but he recognises the need for players like Morgan and Showumni for this division. He was not responsible for missing out on his intended targets in the transfer market remember, nor was he responsible for Wednesday recalling Lavery or Obadeyi's loan cut short due to league restrictions.

Morgan and Boco should have been big performers for us, they came with rave reviews and credentials for this division, but alas they flopped. He may confuse us at times, like today I disagreed with him pulling off Banton and not Parsons and bringing on Morgan ahead of Thomas, that was a tried experiment that failed at Burton. He picks the players and so shoulders part of the blame, but after Newport many of us called for Thomas and Harvey to start v Oxford. He did it and they were poor and anonymous respectively, that's not really his fault. Their inconsistancies are issues in their own games, not the managers' prowess.

Mar 23, 2008
spowell92":pdg6ml3n said:
Deacster":pdg6ml3n said:
spowell92":pdg6ml3n said:
I've not seen or heard any of the celebrations from Burnley today either, but I suspect Dyche has thanked and praised his players' efforts over the season. It's a two way street and only half the team at Argyle are delivering for Sheridan. There's only so much he can do.
Not a case of only so much he can do more there is SO much he could do but isn't. One of my concerns with him is a lack of direction, I don't know where he's trying to take us or how. You talk about believing in his vision, what do you see? Genuine question as all I see is a scattergun approach to signings, lack of a clear tactical game plan and no real defined style of play.

I can see what you're saying and the vision and direction should be looked at. I'm not sure he wants us to be playing 3-5-2 next season, or whether at the minute he's playing it as a means to an end. It does allow Banton a free role behind Reid while keeping a partner up top for Reuben. He's an attack minded manager, but he's not got the right players really. He obviously prefers attacking players like Lewi, Obadeyi, Lavery, Banton, but he recognises the need for players like Morgan and Showumni for this division. He was not responsible for missing out on his intended targets in the transfer market remember, nor was he responsible for Wednesday recalling Lavery or Obadeyi's loan cut short due to league restrictions.

Morgan and Boco should have been big performers for us, they came with rave reviews and credentials for this division, but alas they flopped. He may confuse us at times, like today I disagreed with him pulling off Banton and not Parsons and bringing on Morgan ahead of Thomas, that was a tried experiment that failed at Burton. He picks the players and so shoulders part of the blame, but after Newport many of us called for Thomas and Harvey to start v Oxford. He did it and they were poor and anonymous respectively, that's not really his fault. Their inconsistancies are issues in their own games, not the managers' prowess.
Fair enough. Respect your view but I just don't think he has a real plan. What I really liked Luggy mk1 is that he had a clear plan, a way of playing then signed the type of players/characters to make it work. I think the last 20 minutes of hit and hope today up to three big target men summed it up for me, hit and hope.

Jul 6, 2005
spowell92":3bqfzcy4 said:
demportdave":3bqfzcy4 said:
Deacster":3bqfzcy4 said:
Cobi Budge.":3bqfzcy4 said:
This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, not saying it's true, don't shoot the messenger.

:facepalm: :lol: you've been looking at that parody twitter account ain't you!

Bleddy hell, not his fault the players perform like that. They're all capable, but when they put in such a lacklustre effort then that's down to themselves, not Shez. It's not as simple as him picking up a controller and playing the game for them. He's clearly pee'd off by these performances, I don't know if anyone else saw him kick the water bottle out of frustration after a couple mins? I see someone comment saying he's fallen out with Wotton, I doubt that - he's saying he wants players to argue with him but they're all to nicey nicey paly paly, there's no fight in them. I'd probably side with Shez ahead of Wotts at the minute anyway, Mr Wotton was dreadful today. Got bullied off the ball for their first and then went mouthing off at the ref.
Not his fault??? He's signed them, picks them, trains them, supposedly improves them, supposedly motivates them. Who's fault is it then? Does Sean Dyche not get any credit for getting an average bunch of championship players into the premier league?

We've seen them play fantastically well, he's picked some good players. They've let him down with their inconsistency. Dyche has been phenomenal. Sheridan has been good, not sure where that comparison is raised from?

I know it's hard to see things properly when looking through green-tinted glasses but can you not see the point being made that an average team has won promotion largely through the good work done by the Manager.

That's what good Managers do, they make an average team into a good one and a consistent one. They identify weaknesses and address them; they don't publicly slag off the players that they have signed either.

But even when Sheridan - and to his credit in all fairness - admits himself that he has failed and is promising that things will be a lot better next season, you still won't have it.

Dave, don't talk to me like that. I'm not a green-tint or an idiot. I think Sheridan has done a good job, I like him as a manager, I trust his vision. He's not been bad, it's not worth calling for him to be sacked. He's a good manager who has had a decent season. Dyche has had a phenomenal season. I don't expect phenomenal instantly though, I believe we could have a terrific year next season though. But despite me saying this, through my own words, you still won't have it and you'll try and patronise me further. :yawn:
No one said you were an idiot, don't put yourself down.

However, I haven't got a clue what you are talking about when you say you trust his vision, based on what?

There are 2 main reasons why next year won't be very much different to this one.

1. Sheridan has been telling us for the last 12 months and more how he cannot get anyone to come down here, hence he signed deadwood like Reckord, Blackman, Bencheriff, Blizzard, Boco and Showumni who nobody else wanted. Are we/he suddenly more attractive now? I doubt it.

2. Tactically, his ineffective use of substitutes and his complete inability to change the course of a game is well documented, as is the fact that we have never come back to win a game when the other team had scored first.

So what will change in the summer to suddenly make him a better Manager in match situations, unless Sheridan is planning a holiday in the Middle East and he gets stopped by a blinding light just outside Damascus.

I couldn't give a toss about Sean Dyche or Burnley but I just wish we had a Manager who could get as much out of the resources available to him.

By his own words, Sheridan has failed and is bitterly disappointed about it and he doesn't think he has "had a decent season" as you describe it.

I didn't expect phenomenal but like Sheridan, neither will I accept being mid-table in a s*** League like you and a few other misguided souls are only so willing to do.

Mar 15, 2011
Why did we play today and at Bury as a team that did not even seem to care or try? The manager must surely have a big part to play in this situation. The Wimbledon team had even less to play for than us and their manager was almost demented at times driving them along (and indeed the weak officials) whiist our man Sheridan... Leaned on the bench post. It was all very depressing for those of us especially who have already bought into next season and are still not convinced about the stand rebuild let alone the team and management rebuild we seem to need. Onwards and Upwards? :furious:

Aug 11, 2013
Apart from being tactically inept and outwitted time and time again by opposition managers. Despite persisting in playing people out of position. Despite numerous poor signings and loans. Despite not being able to get us a win when we go behind. Despite a negative persona. Despite his poor use of substitutions. Despite leading us to a double defeat against our arch rivals. Despite terrible performances at Home. Despite not having improved much from last year. Despite knowing he won't get us up and if he miraculously did he's proven to be incapable of pushing on further ... I'm sticking with him ... as we have no choice.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
I think we've shown with some of our performances that we have some ability in this squad but I still think we lack heart. When Sturrock got a team of free transfers promoted from this division the sum was greater than the parts. We need proper leadership and togetherness on the pitch to get out of this division. At the moment we've seen a team totally collapse after a key injury and a derby defeat. This would not have happened to Sturrock's promotion side. Whose fault is that?

May 1, 2011
spowell92":zp7paz78 said:
Deacster":zp7paz78 said:
spowell92":zp7paz78 said:

This is a myth that Morgan and Boco came to us with rave reviews and credentials. No one had had heard of them, Sligo Rovers and Accrington Stanley, he is hardly Paul Scholes! Morgan 82 games at Shrewsbury and 15 goals, well yes I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by Chelsea to replace Torres :sigh:

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
More than a tad patronising ^^^^^

Boco scored 10 goals in a struggling Accrington team which on the face of it ain't to bad and would of been very welcome if he'd reproduced that for us this year

Shrewsbury fans were genuinely sorry to see Morgan leave and said that although he wasn't a consistent scorer he provided well for others and did the donkey work. Also he probably has a similar goal record to Micky Evans who's still well regarded.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm not sure how anyone can really form an opinion of whether Boco and Morgan have been any good this season. They have hardly played and neither has been given a decent run of games in their preferred position. Other players struggled to find form early on in the season (Alessandra, Reid) and it took Lavery a few games before he really hit form. In my opinion, Morgan should have been given a proper chance instead of Obedayi and Showumni and Boco could have been properly tried in the Banton position behind a front two. I just don't see the point in signing players at the start of the season and then signing others to play instead of them when the chance arises to put them into the team.

Jul 6, 2005
Andy in Peverell":onvwo8jl said:
More than a tad patronising ^^^^^

Boco scored 10 goals in a struggling Accrington team which on the face of it ain't to bad and would have been very welcome if he'd reproduced that for us this year

Shrewsbury fans were genuinely sorry to see Morgan leave and said that although he wasn't a consistent scorer he provided well for others and did the donkey work. Also he probably has a similar goal record to Micky Evans who's still well regarded.
You are deluded, get the green glasses off.

Boco is a lower league nobody who has been given numerous chances to show what he can do and failed to deliver every time. A complete flop who can't even get on the pitch when we are desperate, like yesterday. He will be gone in the summer if Sheridan can find any takers,

Ditto Morgan - another waste of a shirt and to compare him to Mickey Evans... Unbelievable!

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
demportdave":39gl1bdo said:
. He will be gone in the summer if Sheridan can find any takers,

Ditto Morgan - another waste of a shirt and to compare him to Mickey Evans... Unbelievable!
His contract expires at the end of the season so Sheridan won't need "any takers".

To be fair to Morgan he has only made a few sub apperances since returning from a long term injury, which he picked up in pre season

May 1, 2011
The Doctor":13nboqu7 said:
I'm not sure how anyone can really form an opinion of whether Boco and Morgan have been any good this season. They have hardly played and neither has been given a decent run of games in their preferred position. Other players struggled to find form early on in the season (Alessandra, Reid) and it took Lavery a few games before he really hit form. In my opinion, Morgan should have been given a proper chance instead of Obedayi and Showumni and Boco could have been properly tried in the Banton position behind a front two. I just don't see the point in signing players at the start of the season and then signing others to play instead of them when the chance arises to put them into the team.

It took Lavery a few games to find form because the manager played him in the wrong position.

Jul 6, 2011
Torbay Green
Moyes is available now could be worth a shout.

Nah joking aside I think shezza deserves another season he has made gradual improvements over the year

Is the crap that has been man utd this season been the managers fault purely or the players bearing in mind a lot of the players are the same that won the league?

Dressing room? Or does the game change and require like shezza mentioned a tougher mental state a dig deep to win mentality because we certainly don't have that in a lot of these players this year!

Give the bloke a break!

Apr 3, 2013
Without wishing to name names :silent: , I find it pretty worrying when an Argyle player thinks it acceptable to disclose to a member of the public his dissatisfaction with Sheridan's management. To me, such dissent indicates that Sheridan quite possibly has 'lost the dressing room'.

I am not writing to condemn or commend Sheridan, but when you have at least one player bitching about him behind his back with a random member of the public, it doesn't bode well. :sigh: