Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan has (allegedly) lost the dressing room.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cobi Budge.":10ph6e4e said:
This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, not saying it's true, don't shoot the messenger.

:facepalm: :lol: you've been looking at that parody twitter account ain't you!

Bleddy hell, not his fault the players perform like that. They're all capable, but when they put in such a lacklustre effort then that's down to themselves, not Shez. It's not as simple as him picking up a controller and playing the game for them. He's clearly pee'd off by these performances, I don't know if anyone else saw him kick the water bottle out of frustration after a couple mins? I see someone comment saying he's fallen out with Wotton, I doubt that - he's saying he wants players to argue with him but they're all to nicey nicey paly paly, there's no fight in them. I'd probably side with Shez ahead of Wotts at the minute anyway, Mr Wotton was dreadful today. Got bullied off the ball for their first and then went mouthing off at the ref.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
At the end of the day the fault is with the manager . He signed the players and picked the backroom staff , including a fitness and motivational coach ( what a joke that is ) , Sack him now along with all the back room staff and get somebody who knows what they are doing.
All John Sheridan has done is sign a load of players of very low ability and hope for the best. He has no idea about tactics and no ability to motivate players , get rid now and don't let us suffer another season of this garbage.

Jul 6, 2011
Graham Evans":1ji53sn3 said:
At the end of the day the fault is with the manager . He signed the players and picked the backroom staff , including a fitness and motivational coach ( what a joke that is ) , Sack him now along with all the back room staff and get somebody who knows what they are doing.
All John Sheridan has done is sign a load of players of very low ability and hope for the best. He has no idea about tactics and no ability to motivate players , get rid now and don't let us suffer another season of this garbage.

Go back to exeter, your team needs you mr evans

Mar 23, 2008
spowell92":1m1pnlqw said:
Cobi Budge.":1m1pnlqw said:
This isn't a joke but I've just heard Sheridan is resigning from someone who works in the club offices, not saying it's true, don't shoot the messenger.

Bleddy hell, not his fault the players perform like that. They're all capable, but when they put in such a lacklustre effort then that's down to themselves, not Shez. It's not as simple as him picking up a controller and playing the game for them. He's clearly pee'd off by these performances, I don't know if anyone else saw him kick the water bottle out of frustration after a couple mins? I see someone comment saying he's fallen out with Wotton, I doubt that - he's saying he wants players to argue with him but they're all to nicey nicey paly paly, there's no fight in them. I'd probably side with Shez ahead of Wotts at the minute anyway, Mr Wotton was dreadful today. Got bullied off the ball for their first and then went mouthing off at the ref.
Not his fault??? He's signed them, picks them, trains them, supposedly improves them, supposedly motivates them. Who's fault is it then? Does Sean Dyche not get any credit for getting an average bunch of championship players into the premier league?

Jan 27, 2012
The reason he has brought in crap players is because the club have no money and can only afford journeymen, rejects and loans. Its one of the weakest squads ever. Players like Blackman did not come here because they were Sheridan's first choice- its because we could only afford an amateur.

Fergie would struggle in this job.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
gaspargomez":21l4ohjb said:
The reason he has brought in crap players is because the club have no money and can only afford journeymen, rejects and loans. Its one of the weakest squads ever. Players like Blackman did not come here because they were Sheridan's first choice- its because we could only afford an amateur.

You are David Moyes I claim my £5 :)

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Deacster":1hw87295 said:
spowell92":1hw87295 said:
Cobi Budge.":1hw87295 said:

Not his fault??? He's signed them, picks them, trains them, supposedly improves them, supposedly motivates them. Who's fault is it then? Does Sean Dyche not get any credit for getting an average bunch of championship players into the premier league?

We've seen them play fantastically well, he's picked some good players. They've let him down with their inconsistency. Dyche has been phenomenal. Sheridan has been good, not sure where that comparison is raised from?

Mar 23, 2008
gaspargomez":21q1dg5y said:

Rubbish, he's got a huge bloated squad and has been consistently allowed to sign new players both permanent and loan. In the squad there is a plethora of senior pros who no doubt be on a decent wedge for this level so your opinion carries no credence.

Mar 23, 2008
spowell92":2xqydcve said:
Deacster":2xqydcve said:
spowell92":2xqydcve said:
Cobi Budge.":2xqydcve said:

We've seen them play fantastically well, he's picked some good players. They've let him down with their inconsistency. Dyche has been phenomenal. Sheridan has been good, not sure where that comparison is raised from?
It's not a comparison it's a point, if it's not a managers fault when things don't go well then on that basis they deserve no credit when things go well. With your point, Dyche deserves no credit, his players do.

A

adamson1alan

The Players Have Lost the Fans And JOBS I HOPE . Do you wont another Reid or Flecther saying we played well and should have had 2 pens today.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
spowell92":zm4awk7c said:
Deacster":zm4awk7c said:
spowell92":zm4awk7c said:
Cobi Budge.":zm4awk7c said:

I know it's hard to see things properly when looking through green-tinted glasses but can you not see the point being made that an average team has won promotion largely through the good work done by the Manager.

That's what good Managers do, they make an average team into a good one and a consistent one. They identify weaknesses and address them; they don't publicly slag off the players that they have signed either.

But even when Sheridan - and to his credit in all fairness - admits himself that he has failed and is promising that things will be a lot better next season, you still won't have it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
demportdave":21go8bp1 said:
spowell92":21go8bp1 said:
Deacster":21go8bp1 said:
spowell92":21go8bp1 said:
Cobi Budge.":21go8bp1 said:

I know it's hard to see things properly when looking through green-tinted glasses but can you not see the point being made that an average team has won promotion largely through the good work done by the Manager.

That's what good Managers do, they make an average team into a good one and a consistent one. They identify weaknesses and address them; they don't publicly slag off the players that they have signed either.

But even when Sheridan - and to his credit in all fairness - admits himself that he has failed and is promising that things will be a lot better next season, you still won't have it.

Dave, don't talk to me like that. I'm not a green-tint or an idiot. I think Sheridan has done a good job, I like him as a manager, I trust his vision. He's not been bad, it's not worth calling for him to be sacked. He's a good manager who has had a decent season. Dyche has had a phenomenal season. I don't expect phenomenal instantly though, I believe we could have a terrific year next season though. But despite me saying this, through my own words, you still won't have it and you'll try and patronise me further. :yawn:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I've not seen or heard any of the celebrations from Burnley today either, but I suspect Dyche has thanked and praised his players' efforts over the season. It's a two way street and only half the team at Argyle are delivering for Sheridan. There's only so much he can do.

Mar 23, 2008
spowell92":3h7rqdfa said:
I've not seen or heard any of the celebrations from Burnley today either, but I suspect Dyche has thanked and praised his players' efforts over the season. It's a two way street and only half the team at Argyle are delivering for Sheridan. There's only so much he can do.
Not a case of only so much he can do more there is SO much he could do but isn't. One of my concerns with him is a lack of direction, I don't know where he's trying to take us or how. You talk about believing in his vision, what do you see? Genuine question as all I see is a scattergun approach to signings, lack of a clear tactical game plan and no real defined style of play.