Sheridan in or out poll | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in or out poll

Do you want Sheridan to stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Go

Votes: 107 35.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 52 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 4, 2012
Sheridan has done enough to deserve to keep his job, we're on a bad run but we're still 9th and nailed on for a mid table finish, he is far from perfect and whilst I understand people's frustrations, I am of the opinion that managers are not given enough time and are sacked far too frequently, sone people are criticising his signings but he was the one who signed our 30+ goal strike partnership of Reid and Alessandra. I fear without those two we would have been down there with Northampton battling for our lives. He has done enough to keep his job for me but he has to improve upon this next season and i'll look upon anything less than 7th place as a failure. If that is the situation next year then we should look into replacing him but let's see what he can do in the summer and next year.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Ed":1w8qs87e said:
I wouldn't sack him with two years left on his contract, this recent run is grim but not worthy of that. If he was out of contract at the end of the season though I'm not sure I'd want it renewed.

Exactly what I'm thinking too.

May 22, 2006
Celebrate or berate Shezza?

Certainly happy no relegation battle this season but there are some major concerns.
We are only a mid table team despite what appears to be decent backing from Brent (going by the number of signings and loan signings). We have had some heavy defeats and have a negative goal diff. Our home form is poor and we put on a poor show in front of a decent crowd (Exeter). We are the only team that Oxford have beaten in about a dozen games with their new manager. Our form is inconsistent. We've looked outclassed by teams like York and Burton who may still be around next season. Pompey are improving and the teams coming down will be reasonably strong next year. It's pretty hard to see how we will progress next season if we stay with our current set up.

I' m not convinced by Shezza but not sure it's all his fault. Our back room staff seem weak and certainly Macarthy did little at Ipswich. Maybe Shezza needs Crossley to be more effective. Not sure we can afford to sack Shezza, so it's an urgent need to strengthen the coaching side from me to give hope for next season.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The problem is Argyle cannot afford to fire him, he still has 2 years left on his contract, if you fire him you have to pay that 2 years off, someone said we are or were still paying Fletcher, so if we are then when you hire a new guy thats 3 managers you are still paying for. Argyle cant afford that.
We have to trust Sheridan to clear out all the deadwood, sign a few new players with a couple grizzly tough older experienced players in the likes of Purse and Branston but a bit younger.
There is no fire in the team right now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's the manner of which we have just miserably fell apart having had the chance to do something special this season.

We still don't know our best formation or our best player in each position and that plays a massive part in our search for a decent run of results that could have sealed a top 7 finish.

This season will be classed as a success by many but I see it as a big flop in what could have been.

We had a real chance and we cracked and tumbled like a building built on weak foundations held up by fluke and luck for so long.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Stay but reevaluate october/november ish if we stay as poor as we are now.

Sheridan came with a reputation for attacking football yet this seasons home performances have drab at best. Our best displays seem to have all come away and I can probably count on one hand the number of homes games we've dominated and his selections and formations seem to change weekly. I've had enough this season and haven't renewed my season ticket as a consequence as watching sheer rubbish like the Exeter and Oxford games have killed my passion

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Next season has to be the stage in our post-admin development where anything less than the play-offs is seen as unacceptable. Portsmouth aside, we ARE the biggest club in this division.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
greengenes":19i22oo0 said:
phil-thefluter24":19i22oo0 said:
plymptonpilgreen":19i22oo0 said:
We are 9th
Yes but in a very poor league ,nothing to get excited about !!!
#

and we have just been thumped 4-0 by Bury whilst "chasing " a playoff place .

Bury are "chasing" a playoff place as much as we are/were.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Really not sure he has the backing of the players as to many poor performances combined with strange selections, subs, tactics, does he realky want to be here as his body language at times is dreadfull and would struggle to motivate anyone

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i voted for him to go as i feel he has taken argyle as far as he can.we haven't diced with the spectre of relegation and i thank him for that.i think he is dour and this transmits to our players.i would get rid of owers,McCaarthy and harbin at the same time.who to bring in?i will leave that 'til another poll.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Out for me.

Yes, we haven't been in a relegation fight, that's been nice - however, we should have done much better than we have done as this league is absolutely terrible.

Too many times has Sheridan done absolutely baffling stuff which has cost us games, too many times have we put in utterly inept performances when it's come to crunch time.

These are things that aren't likely to change - and I can't see him improving us more than the small amount he has.

He's improved us - but not enough.

Someone else could do better.