Sheridan in or out poll | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in or out poll

Do you want Sheridan to stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Go

Votes: 107 35.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 52 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Agreed Andy.

The players available should be far more consistent and effective on the pitch.

We are totally void some games and that is a complete lack of a suitable gameplan.

P

PAFC_Ultras

Sheridan needs to go. Get Warnock in as soon as possible. A real green.

A

adamson1alan

Is his playing budget good enough to win promotion/ the players in our team are very poor when you compare them to the top teams in league 2.

Apr 5, 2008
Don't think the players are good enough its not all Sheridans fault.look at the amount of times at home the away team have controlled the match with arygle chasing shadows.not good enough players but tactics are to blame as well.playing a wide formation but then just hoofing the ball up the middle.that is beyond belief for a qualified manager.and their have been many poor tactical judgments made by Sheridan,the constant sitting back after a goal puts arygle ahead is another bizzare tactic by Sheridan.it just invites pressure on to you,why not train the players to keep possession of the ball better.if you have the ball the other team cant score.so yes as poor as some of the players are Sheridan should still go because of the poor and often bizzare tactics.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
moles40":207l8wu6 said:
Don't think the players are good enough its not all Sheridans fault.look at the amount of times at home the away team have controlled the match with arygle chasing shadows.not good enough players but tactics are to blame as well.playing a wide formation but then just hoofing the ball up the middle.that is beyond belief for a qualified manager.and their have been many poor tactical judgments made by Sheridan,the constant sitting back after a goal puts arygle ahead is another bizzare tactic by Sheridan.it just invites pressure on to you,why not train the players to keep possession of the ball better.if you have the ball the other team cant score.so yes as poor as some of the players are Sheridan should still go because of the poor and offer bizzare tactics.
If the players are all really poor AND Sheridan has bizarre and poor tactics, I've got to say it amazes me that we're still 9th. One or the other I can see the case for. But both?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
He had a job to do, he hasn't done it. Any indication he can do it next year? No not for me.

Our best managers have got 'ordinary' players to play, he can't.

If at first you don't succeed , it may be that you aren't good enough!! :facepalm:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
I can't see us going up next season with or without a new manager. Another season similar to this, slightly better, hopefully just in the play-offs.

Sep 28, 2003
London
GreenSam":2lpeudh2 said:
moles40":2lpeudh2 said:
Don't think the players are good enough its not all Sheridans fault.look at the amount of times at home the away team have controlled the match with arygle chasing shadows.not good enough players but tactics are to blame as well.playing a wide formation but then just hoofing the ball up the middle.that is beyond belief for a qualified manager.and their have been many poor tactical judgments made by Sheridan,the constant sitting back after a goal puts arygle ahead is another bizzare tactic by Sheridan.it just invites pressure on to you,why not train the players to keep possession of the ball better.if you have the ball the other team cant score.so yes as poor as some of the players are Sheridan should still go because of the poor and offer bizzare tactics.
If the players are all really poor AND Sheridan has bizarre and poor tactics, I've got to say it amazes me that we're still 9th. One or the other I can see the case for. But both?

Plus that fact that Sheridan has signed/chose to keep every player in the squad.

If you want to make the argument that the players are partly to blame (which I agree with), then surely by extension Sheridan's poor judgement of players is another reason he has to go.

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
Look at this time last season, we have a hell of a lot better situation then we did last time this year, stop moaning, yeah today was poo and we have been poo for a couple of games now but I'm sure we will end the season on a high and not scrapping for point for survival, let's see what shez does into the new season

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
dollygray78":29lse6j0 said:
Look at this time last season, we have a hell of a lot better situation then we did last time this year, stop moaning, yeah today was poo and we have been poo for a couple of games now but I'm sure we will end the season on a high and not scrapping for point for survival, let's see what shez does into the new season

Quite right to moan, we could have had Keith Hill but Sheridan interviewed better? wtf?? :doh:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The highest finish in years and people are still wanting blood. Just because we had a little run and threatened the playoffs everyones expectation went through the roof when it was blatantly clear we were not that good.

If we had been offered this at the start of the season we would of taken it.

Summer signings will be the key as ever but we have a better base to build from and the key is balancing up the side

No 1 priority for me is a decent centre midfielder like Lee Cox

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sheridan in for me but with some reservations. The club needs stability.

I think it's clear any tactical nous came from his coaches at Chesterfield, any signings over the summer should include one of Sheridan's former coaches.

There needs to be more emphasis on youth, I know Kevin Hodges runs the Youth department but has Sheridan ever shown any interest in the young players coming through or mentioned the youth system in public?
We had a problem at left-back earlier in the season with the fans crying out for Purrington to be given a chance, only when his hand was forced did Sheridan finally select him.

From the comments that the players have made in the media they speak highly of the manager (most players do in public) and enjoy playing for him, although he comes across as a hard taskmaster.

So next season we need to see improvement from Sheridan and the players and young players given a chance.