Sheridan in or out poll | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in or out poll

Do you want Sheridan to stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Go

Votes: 107 35.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 52 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Cobi Budge.

Anything less than promotion next season and I'll want him gone, for now I'll give him the benefit of a big doubt.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
To be fair if I was to plan out Sheridan's task it would be

a) Stop the rot
b) Steady the ship
and then
c) Push on up the leagues

He did a last year, keeping us up, this year I'd say was steadying the ship now bext year is the time to get promoted.

Jul 6, 2005
Based on Sheridan's own expectations he has failed and he will be as bitterly disappointed as any fan that we have not made the Play-Offs in what is a very poor Division.

We did well after a poor first half of the season to get ourselves into the top 7. But after just 5 days at those heady heights, and without even getting through one round of matches, we lost our place and have been mostly abysmal since beating Chesterfield to get into the top 7. The lack of fight and character in the team has been apparent for all to see but Sheridan has been absolutely powerless to stop it or change it.

Sheridan has been given a lot of backing from Brent in the transfer market, just look at the number of players he was allowed to bring in throughout the season for little or no gain to the team. However, a lot of money has gone out in wages and the other expenses involved with getting players down here.

Only 2 of Sheridan's signings this season have been a success, McCormick and Alessandra, although he has been wrongly deployed in a wide position in too many games.

Trotman has at times given glimpses of being a good League 2 CH but the number of mistakes by him which have cost us goals has become unacceptable and he has now become a liability because he's worth a goal a game to the opposition. Morgan, Boco, Blizzard and Banton can all be classed as little more than a waste of space. It's probably too early to judge Parsons yet but he has already been shown to be very suspect defensively. Thomas might be a good player one day but he is just a kid who looks out of his depth when he starts a game.

As for the loan signings, the least said the better about Blackman, Reckord, Bencheriff, Hayes, Obadeyi and Showumni; a complete waste of time and money the lot of them. Lavery was a good loan signing, but why did he spend the first month of his loan on the bench?

So for those who still insist that it has been a good season and that overall, Sheridan has done well, I beg to differ.

D

dandan9169

It looks to me certain players at the club don't want to play for him, his tactics at times are poor, his team selection even poorer, he keeps saying he likes his side to play football and we are lucky to have the best pitch in the league, very few times at HP have I seen us play football and the reason at times we are better away is because there pitches are so poor are football suits it. Keeps banging on about Luke Young being at great passer but hardly ever plays him. His decision to make Tyler into a midfielder is laughable at best, that boy is a striker.
How can he attract players to a club that struggle to attract players when he lives half his week in Manchester.
He wasn't liked by his fellow pros as a player and I can now understand why.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't really understand all of the "progress" rhetoric.

Yes it's progress from Fletcher, but that was well over a year ago.

I don't actually think we've progressed from the tail end of last season, the performances were better, the spirit better, some of the players better & Sheridans tactics were better.

We've progressed since Fletcher but gone backwards under Sheridan, he was better last season imo.

The team from the the tail end of last season, playing with the same spirit, would be doing better than we currently are.

C

Cobi Budge.

MannameadGreen":2ueohyqb said:
Easier to get results firefighting than building from a clean sheet, Cobi.

I am 100% behind him for now.

No it's not, don't you remember Rhys Griffiths :lol:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Pogleswoody":3yjmpily said:
dollygray78":3yjmpily said:
Look at this time last season, we have a hell of a lot better situation then we did last time this year, stop moaning, yeah today was poo and we have been poo for a couple of games now but I'm sure we will end the season on a high and not scrapping for point for survival, let's see what shez does into the new season

Quite right to moan, we could have had Keith Hill but Sheridan interviewed better? wtf?? :doh:
Don't think Hill was ever interviewed

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
tigertony":2yz91on8 said:
Cobi Budge.":2yz91on8 said:
MannameadGreen":2yz91on8 said:
Easier to get results firefighting than building from a clean sheet, Cobi.

I am 100% behind him for now.

No it's not, don't you remember Rhys Griffiths :lol:
Not bad from you Cobes :lol:
Not surprised that he's fallen back down the football ladder.

:coat:

Oct 5, 2013
Incomprehensible to me that he didn't play Wotton, we would not have lost 4-0 if he'd been on the pitch: the manager says no-one else talks, but then leaves him on the bench. The manager also said no-one else can pass a ball except Young (how is that going to make the others feel?), but then doesn't start him.
This is a demoralised team now, largely due to the manager's performance, I would say: tactically and motivationally, I think he needs to improve.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Stay. As frustrating as the last month has been, I woild have more than settled for where we are at the start of the season.