Sheridan in/out thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in/out thread

Do we need a change of manager?

• Yes

Votes: 122 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 28 12.4%

• Total voters
Mar 23, 2013
I have backed the manager. .....until now.....i think he is actually clueless, and i am not sure i can put up with looking at his miserable face any longer. .....wether he turns it around or not. ..he is definitely not an Argyle great. ..get him out. ..end of.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Don't have to sack him. Just pay him to stay away.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The good start to the season is pretty much in tatters already, which is sad. I really thought we'd made strides and were making a solid start, but no. Similarly slow out of the blocks and already 4 in the 'L' column.

Although we've often seen Sheridan make changes to the team early in games, which could be considered a positive, I'm struggling to understand the theory behind the constant chopping and changing of starting lineups. Can this really be a good ploy early in a season? Do other managers find success this way?

Mar 23, 2013
He is incapable of getting that team to raise there game. ......time to go Sheridan. ..i have seen enough.

Aug 11, 2013
The fans cheering for Thomas irritated Sheridan. He gave them the 2 fingers by bringing on a defensive midfielder. For me that's the mark of the man. There's no other explanation for that substitution when you're chasing the game. Errington has received the same. Afraid we're stuck with him.

Oct 5, 2013
I don't think we will get relegated, but with the manager having said we should be up there challenging for automatic or certainly in the playoffs, and that he is happy with the squad he has, how does this square with the current state of affairs?
I would love to see JS himself up his game (like he keeps saying the players should be doing: "we keep making silly mistakes" is becoming his catchphrase).
"A poor workman always blames his tools" keeps coming to mind.

May 22, 2006
philevs":1um0m2u7 said:
I don't think we will get relegated, but with the manager having said we should be up there challenging for automatic or certainly in the playoffs, and that he is happy with the squad he has, how does this square with the current state of affairs?
I would love to see JS himself up his game (like he keeps saying the players should be doing: "we keep making silly mistakes" is becoming his catchphrase).
"A poor workman always blames his tools" keeps coming to mind.

He did say last season that if the players were any good, they wouldn't be stuck in League 2. Unfortunately the same goes for managers. It's not unusual for a crap manager to hit a purple patch that leads to promotion, and then live off that false reputation for a long time until people finally realise he's just another dud.
Sheridan's just another dud, I fear.

Mar 23, 2013
I don't mean to bring warnock up.....but watch how he celebrates palace's late equilser against Newcastle. ...proper Dave smith style. ...i don't care who it is i just want to see that energy here again. .....and you will never get that from Sheridan. ....so get rid.

Oct 5, 2013
For me, when he let Youngy go, with all that he stood for to the club, it was like an unwitting statement that "I don't understand this place". It was like when Sturrock let Wottsy go: a bad move.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Their training must be a joke :furious:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
But really, back in the real world, there's no way the Board will shift Sheridan out before the end of the season when, presumably, his contract would allow this. Where would the money needed to pay him off, bring in a new manager and coaching team (most managers would want this) and give them some funds to work with come from? I just can't see Sheridan taking this team up but I think we're stuck with what we've got. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong but if I am right it won't stop me going and supporting the efforts of the team.