Sheridan's future | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan's future

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
If we sack him were back to square one. The pay off alone could set us right back in terms of transfers.

Today was awful, Exeter just as bad but then wins at Fleetwood and Newport were excellent performances.

Its time our club had a steady manager. If we went with some of the chiefs on here we would have had Mr Ward in charge. Well look at him and Rovers now!!

Were in with a slim shout with 4 games to go.

Then he should be given the summer to re group and add to what is a developing squad.

Sacking people is just not the answer all the time.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sack him.

He did a job - but thanks and goodbye - we need someone else now. I never called for Reid or Fletcher to go - honestly, I'm patient to a fault normally and HATE changing managers. But You can forgive desperate, functional football when fighting to save your life but this is shocking now & he's shown too many times he's tactically clueless. Jeeezus........can't we actually play a home game where we have more than 50% possession? Is that really too much to ask FFS?

We have the luxury now of taking our time, free from fear to sound people out and pick our man. I'd rather take a chance on a bright young thing from the lower leagues than stick with Sheridan who will probably deliver the same next year. Yes - at the start of the season I'd have been quite content to finish top half - but not like this. Fletcher did at least try to play football. Honestly, he's been out thought too many times. I've given up on him now. Sorry but he hasn't got it and has never emotionally bonded with club, fans or (apparently) players.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
30green":2e83sago said:
For ages fans were calling for an experienced manager who could steady the ship and start to build... That's what we've got and now people want him sacked.

Crazy talk!
Crazy is putting it mildly.
JS has been here 16 months and, overall, has a win ratio of 40%. Thats actually quite high but it seems when we do lose we play absolutely she-ite. This season its 38% which is the same as Saffend and Oxford and better than York. We've lost too many / drawn too few. Stats show he has got a clue overall. I'm sure half the comments about JS are made based on FIFA 2018 played on those Playbox thingy's and the posters have never been in any sort of management / leadership position :lol:

As for his own demeanour during games I seem to remember Luggy Mk2 doing exactly the same thing.
:scarf:

Nov 4, 2012
Argyle fans are just ridiculous sometimes :facepalm:

When he took over we were hopelessly plunging towards non-league, 14 months on and we're 9th in the league 12 points above the relegation zone and 4 off the play-offs.

Some people have short memories.

Dec 12, 2010
Plymouth
Do you not think he sulks because he gets fed up with having to say the same things to the players time and time again without any response from them. Listening to his comments after todays game I think he has had enough and will be making changes at the end of the season, and I for one am backing him after the progress we have in one season. The trouble with people today is they want success instantly and life doesnt work like that I am afraid.

Jan 26, 2009
Morecambe
greengenes":3ite467z said:
by our " manager" sadly we are stuck with him . Nice work if you can get it . Leaning sulkingly on the dugout . Useless . His heart isnt in our Club - his pay cheque is .

Out of curiosity, do you partake in alcoholic beverages on match days?

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
30green":14w6lhlf said:
For ages fans were calling for an experienced manager who could steady the ship and start to build... That's what we've got and now people want him sacked.

Crazy talk!

Yep. Last season we were in a relugation battle, which was year after year, Sheridan came in and saved us. He's building a new team which he has within a few points of the play offs.

Yes he's not perfect, but who would want to replace him?

Argueably Reid, Nelson, Hourihane, Alessandra, and McCormick are our best players, 3 of which Sheridan has signed. Also you got the loan signings he has made; Cox, Lavery, Banton and Bryan

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ave_IT":lju20pgd said:
Sack him.

He did a job - but thanks and goodbye - we need someone else now. I never called for Reid or Fletcher to go - honestly, I'm patient to a fault normally and HATE changing managers. But You can forgive desperate, functional football when fighting to save your life but this is shocking now & he's shown too many times he's tactically clueless. Jeeezus........can't we actually play a home game where we have more than 50% possession? Is that really too much to ask FFS?

We have the luxury now of taking our time, free from fear to sound people out and pick our man. I'd rather take a chance on a bright young thing from the lower leagues than stick with Sheridan who will probably deliver the same next year. Yes - at the start of the season I'd have been quite content to finish top half - but not like this. Fletcher did at least try to play football. Honestly, he's been out thought too many times. I've given up on him now. Sorry but he hasn't got it and has never emotionally bonded with club, fans or (apparently) players.

That's a good point that Sheridan hasn't gone out of his way to bond with the fans.

He has a reserved and dour personality and is not the most optimistic or cheerful character, at least in public.
It's not the biggest issue (winning games is) but it helps to have the fans on your side.

All of this wouldn't matter if he was producing a winning team thanks to his decision making and tactical nous.

Sep 28, 2003
London
HIS players- he's signed them, and has ample time to replace those he didn't want.

Don't rate him, never have - he's done an average job for us, and the fact that he's never moved to Plymouth shows how much he even really wants to be our manager.

Get rid - acceptance of mediocrity isn't going to help us push our way up the leagues any time soon.

Sep 28, 2003
London
greengenes":1l1kpr2q said:
How much time does Sheridan spend down here in Plymouth each week ?

Not enough.

Complains about not being able to convince players to come to Plymouth, when he never moved here himself.

Minute he gets an offer nearer to home, he's off. Good riddance too :banghead:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Andy Holland":1igmovst said:
HIS players- he's signed them, and has ample time to replace those he didn't want.

Don't rate him, never have - he's done an average job for us, and the fact that he's never moved to Plymouth shows how much he even really wants to be our manager.

Get rid - acceptance of mediocrity isn't going to help us push our way up the leagues any time soon.

Funnily enough from all the players he has signed new to the club only four started today.

Jan 26, 2009
Morecambe
greengenes":2wqq7qgn said:
odiumruse":2wqq7qgn said:
greengenes":2wqq7qgn said:
by our " manager" sadly we are stuck with him . Nice work if you can get it . Leaning sulkingly on the dugout . Useless . His heart isnt in our Club - his pay cheque is .

No didn't drink before the match so was stone cold sober watching the match . is that Ok with you ?

Very much okay by me, what about after the match?

C

Cobi Budge.

"We were nearly relegated once = we should have no ambition forever."

Seems to be the unfortunate mindset of many.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
greengenes":mx3vaanb said:
odiumruse":mx3vaanb said:
odiumruse":mx3vaanb said:

No didn't drink before the match so was stone cold sober watching the match . is that Ok with you ?

Very much okay by me, what about after the match?
Yes 2 pints - is that ok with you ?

My inside leg measurement is 32 inches . I have 3 children and 4 grandchildren and my mortgage is paid off in 2 months . What a flip Pasoti is these days .
May I ask you personal details - like were you there today ?
He was in chat GG.
unlike the MULTI talented manager and players :lol: