Sheridan's future? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan's future?

Should John Sheridan stay as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 81 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 385 76.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 36 7.2%

• Total voters
May 1, 2007
Block sixteener":3d70av4z said:
If Ainsworth was in charge with our resources we would be in league 1 or at Wembley by now. Don't get me wrong I hate the guy when he is against us but would love him as our manager! Massive overhaul ahead for next season, I fear a player exodus :(

he clapped our fans did our own manager?

C

chronicgreen

demportdave":16hp2cfh said:
blightfoot66":16hp2cfh said:
I have always defended Sheridan but after this I am having second thoughts. Why on earth he never started with the same team as he ended with on Saturday is beyond me. We were a far better team second half and if we had started with that team we wouldn't have been in the mess we were tonight.
So you are having second thoughts about Sheridan...

When will you finally make your mind up one way or the other. Perhaps this time next season?

You must be having a laugh, even chronicgreen wants Warnock instead now.

Look who's back :funny:

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
The Argyle fans are the main reason why we went into the second leg with a possible chance of getting to the final. Not Sheridan. There is so much the Argyle fans have contributed to that many other clubs must be envious of. I just can't get over how alarming obvious it is.

G

greengiant1886

Sheridan came to us at a time when the club was low and looking down and out of the football league. In his first half season in charge he did a fantastic job and even last season there were signs that we were beginning to look like a football team we could all be proud of again.

However, this season, with the squad we have, I think that most people will agree that we have under performed. I certainly expected us to be around 4th and maybe even slipping into 3rd, but we just didn't have that consistency.

Then though, we got the opportunity to show what we could do in front of the cameras, on a big stage, and the manager and the players blow it in the first leg. Despite this setback, we could see that we may still get through, if only we played with the side that finished that game and not with Ruben up front.

Of course, this didn't happen, and when the subs came on it was obvious that Sheridan had made a massive mistake. He knows that he has made that mistake, we know that he has made that mistake.

What bothers me is not so much that he made that mistake, although it was blindingly obvious what we needed to do, but the fact that even with the fans being on the verge of begging him to play the Ansah, Brunt and Banton threesome, he ignores what everyone is saying and puts out a side that hasn't been playing well for months.

The tactical ineptitude is obvious, there is a massive disparity with the fan base, and whilst he has managed to get in some quality players, they don't seem to work for Sheridan.

I have massive respect for what he did with the club, saving us from certain doom, but now I feel it is time for a change for both our goods. He clearly has a family up north, and although some do, I personally think that we should not criticise him for putting family first.

But above all of this, his heart AND our heart have both not been in it for a long time. He has failures like any other man. We could say this and that about him, but in my opinion he is a good manager, and we are a fantastic club. However, we are just not right for each other and so whilst I say it's time for Mr. Sheridan to leave, I do so by giving him a serious thank you for managing to get this ship sailing again.

ONWARD 2015-16 SEASON!! :scarf:

Aug 11, 2013
Don't think he'll be under any massive pressure to leave. He achieved his goal of getting us to the playoffs and has a year on his contract. We improved again on final league position. Can't see him walking unless the commuting is doing his head in.

The next appointment when it comes is massive. Heart says Warnock but head says we've learnt a marriage is never the same second time around. Warnock spent a fortune in relative terms 95/96. Not proven with no money!

Think we need a young enthusiastic manager who's had some success at this sort of level. Someone who has got a personality and talks us up. Any young Scots managers looking fora job? Basically the new PS.

Jul 6, 2005
chronicgreen":680fr2of said:
demportdave":680fr2of said:
blightfoot66":680fr2of said:
I have always defended Sheridan but after this I am having second thoughts. Why on earth he never started with the same team as he ended with on Saturday is beyond me. We were a far better team second half and if we had started with that team we wouldn't have been in the mess we were tonight.
So you are having second thoughts about Sheridan...

When will you finally make your mind up one way or the other. Perhaps this time next season?

You must be having a laugh, even chronicgreen wants Warnock instead now.

Look who's back :funny:
I realise it's difficult for you but try and put your sarcasm and personal bitterness to one side.

After watching back to back shambolic displays from an Argyle team lacking organisation, motivation and tactical nous in the 2 biggest games in recent memory, will you finally accept that those of us who highlighted these problems throughout the season and placed the responsibility for it with the Manager were actually right?

Nov 12, 2003
Can the club afford to pay up Sheridan's contract even if the fans want him out. Its not just Sheridan, its also his coaches.

My first choice would have been Sturrock. I think he would have been a great boost for the club and knows this level of football well. He is success is amazing. But now he has gone to Yeovil I suppose Argyle have missed out.

Warnock may be a decent second choice. He has contacts and at least he raises the profile of the club.

Another season under Sheridan is not something I want to be part of. Its not just the football, its also his gloomy personality.

Dec 2, 2010
I want to hear what the owner has to say about going forward......what is he and his Board going to do to get this club out of the basement division?

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
lunarjetman":3874u2kg said:
Can the club afford to pay up Sheridan's contract even if the fans want him out. Its not just Sheridan, its also his coaches.

My first choice would have been Sturrock. I think he would have been a great boost for the club and knows this level of football well. He is success is amazing. But now he has gone to Yeovil I suppose Argyle have missed out.

Warnock may be a decent second choice. He has contacts and at least he raises the profile of the club.

Another season under Sheridan is not something I want to be part of. Its not just the football, its also his gloomy personality.

let's do a whip round and pay him off, I pledge some money anyone else in?

Jul 3, 2013
arrythewurzel":35n11rvv said:
Don't think he'll be under any massive pressure to leave. He achieved his goal of getting us to the playoffs and has a year on his contract. We improved again on final league position. Can't see him walking unless the commuting is doing his head in.

The next appointment when it comes is massive. Heart says Warnock but head says we've learnt a marriage is never the same second time around. Warnock spent a fortune in relative terms 95/96. Not proven with no money!

Think we need a young enthusiastic manager who's had some success at this sort of level. Someone who has got a personality and talks us up. Any young Scots managers looking fora job? Basically the new PS.

I don't think Sheridan deserves to be sacked but do think he will look for a new challenge nearer to home and Will not be with us next season.

Holloway or Warnock