Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in?

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
If I could write history and guarantee the outcome, I'd like to see a Devon Derby playoff final with us humiliating them live on national TV.

Because I can't, that fixture would make me a bit nervous.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Rivals are always going to win some games so why not hope that the ones they actually do win are the ones where the results are in your favour. That's not supporting them to win.

May 22, 2006
I want the results to benefit us, I don't give a tuppenny cuss who else benefits from them.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mark_Smith":1n1s41su said:
If I could write history and guarantee the outcome, I'd like to see a Devon Derby playoff final with us humiliating them live on national TV.

That would be an intreguing final if only it was to see if the Metropolitan Police would bring out the helicopters.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Lundan Cabbie":1pe7q2li said:
Mark_Smith":1pe7q2li said:

That would be an intreguing final if only it was to see if the Metropolitan Police would bring out the helicopters.
Helicopters? they do that for a Home Park fixture so for Wembley stadium they would probably call out the RAF. :D

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimmike1":1vu8v55m said:
Lundan Cabbie":1vu8v55m said:
Mark_Smith":1vu8v55m said:

Helicopters? they do that for a Home Park fixture so for Wembley stadium they would probably call out the RAF. :D

No that is the good old D&C. I doubt the Met would raise too many eyebrows at such a fixture. It would be an interesting day for the British Transport Police though.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Lundan Cabbie":3unw6hnx said:
pilgrimmike1":3unw6hnx said:
Lundan Cabbie":3unw6hnx said:
Mark_Smith":3unw6hnx said:

No that is the good old D&C. I doubt the Met would raise too many eyebrows at such a fixture. It would be an interesting day for the British Transport Police though.
I just knew you was coming back with that,it was a mere jest LC, not meant to be precise or serious.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Not a bad result today in terms of our position and whilst Luton are doing everything they can to muck up their own season our six toed friends have done us a favour today.

Nov 4, 2012
Bad result that for me, a point would have been the best result but with Luton plummeting at a rate of knots I think Exeter are at least as much of if not a bigger threat to the play offs.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Yes...most definitely....they are having a go.... as demonstrated by their three away goals today....fair play to the six toes.....

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Fair play indeed. Quite remarkable after the start they made to the season and their scant resources.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
We need to be careful though. That last minute goal today puts them in the mix. A good run and they could nick that last play-off spot.

I always laugh at people spouting off over local rivalries. They are brilliant and I love the big day when you are playing for local pride. The atmosphere is fantastic and the thought of bragging rights is great... but that's all it is. I have so much more respect for a die-hard City fan, than I do a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U supporter living in the Southwest. They support their local club, they don't choose where they are from. People in Exeter, while having an increasingly different demographic these days, have more in common with people from Plymouth than fans of most other clubs in the country.

Local rivalries should be about pride in your own club, not some fabricated dislike of the other team, just because that is how it is supposed to be. In certain places there are reasons for the hostility. Glasgow being the obvious one where religion and politics play a historical role. Barca and Real is another where there is a political context than runs very deeply. Wimbledon have every right to dislike MK Dons, but most clubs need to get more positive about their local rivalries, rather than just turning them into hate-fests towards the other team. If Exeter was somewhere else in the country, people would say it was a nice awayday and the ground is a 'proper football ground' with charm. Instead we call it a dump.

I can remember how embarrassing it was when we tried to turn Bristol City and Southampton into our 'local' rivals and they couldn't give a to$$ about it. I'm not saying we should be all lovey dovey with them, but to 'hate' them just for the sake of them being our closest team of similar standing defies reason.