Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Should we be cheering on Exeter during the run in?

May 1, 2011
Ade the green":1930oi7f said:
PAFC94":1930oi7f said:
I told you if Exeter won these two they would be right in it. To think they were actually on the verge of a protest against Tisdale. Where would they be without him? Playing Torquay in the van league is my guess.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we above them in the table and aren't we constantly on the verge of protesting against Sheridan?

That comment is very insightful as it shows that you are see Argyle and Exeter as somehow comparable, the lack of ambition among some Argyle fans is painful.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Bristol Rich":2hyz01om said:
Ade the green":2hyz01om said:
PAFC94":2hyz01om said:
I told you if Exeter won these two they would be right in it. To think they were actually on the verge of a protest against Tisdale. Where would they be without him? Playing Torquay in the van league is my guess.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we above them in the table and aren't we constantly on the verge of protesting against Sheridan?

That comment is very insightful as it shows that you are see Argyle and Exeter as somehow comparable, the lack of ambition among some Argyle fans is painful.

Ambition should be salted with a healthy dose of realism.

May 1, 2011
crownhillpilgrim":29yvo77k said:
Bristol Rich":29yvo77k said:
Ade the green":29yvo77k said:
PAFC94":29yvo77k said:

Ambition should be salted with a healthy dose of realism.

So you are saying we should expect no better than Exeter? Surely you can see that Tisdale is doing a far better job than Sheridan?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Expectation is a very dangerous business in football. I would expect us to be performing better than Burton Albion and Exeter, but that's not how it works.

May 1, 2011
crownhillpilgrim":1q44h8qy said:
Expectation is a very dangerous business in football. I would expect us to be performing better than Burton Albion and Exeter, but that's not how it works.

Expectation isn't a problem if your manager is up to it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bristol Rich":ccnabvx9 said:
Ade the green":ccnabvx9 said:
PAFC94":ccnabvx9 said:

We are (sadly) comparable to Exeter as our historic debt has somewhat hamstrung us. Add to the mix that our loaners have been disrupted by returning to their parent club on a number of occasions and JS has fought hard to get them back. We missed a month of being able to utilise AOC and Bobby, Andy Kellet was returning only to be waylaid by some small club I. The north and during thAt month (January) we failed miserably. That was what killed our season and JS did take his eye off the ball trying to resecure two players, one of which was successful one ultimately not.

The two games over Easter were arguably the hardest two up to the final day and I hope we get more out of the next 4. Even so, our performances over Easter were better than they have been for a while. I don't believe Exeter will sustain their form but even if they did, neither side is prepared for the playoffs .

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":383pld8o said:
neither side is prepared for the playoffs .

Don't agree with that. This is League 2. A Reid hat-trick against, say, Southend is entirely plausible. Then we're in the final and it's a one-off game to get into League 1, with about 40,000 behind the team at Wembley. Winning the play-offs is no more likely for Exeter or Bury, in my view.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":y97r6t6h said:
Ade the green":y97r6t6h said:
neither side is prepared for the playoffs .

Don't agree with that. This is League 2. A Reid hat-trick against, say, Southend is entirely plausible. Then we're in the final and it's a one-off game to get into League 1, with about 40,000 behind the team at Wembley. Winning the play-offs is no more likely for Exeter or Bury, in my view.

Don't forget our better players are loaners and won't be available. If we make it to the semi's JS will have to rely on players he's not had faith in all season. Hell, even Tyler might get a game.

Sep 6, 2006
Ade the green":x6ev4fmo said:
Bristol Rich":x6ev4fmo said:
Ade the green":x6ev4fmo said:
PAFC94":x6ev4fmo said:

We are (sadly) comparable to Exeter as our historic debt has somewhat hamstrung us. Add to the mix that our loaners have been disrupted by returning to their parent club on a number of occasions and JS has fought hard to get them back. We missed a month of being able to utilise AOC and Bobby, Andy Kellet was returning only to be waylaid by some small club I. The north and during thAt month (January) we failed miserably. That was what killed our season and JS did take his eye off the ball trying to resecure two players, one of which was successful one ultimately not.

The two games over Easter were arguably the hardest two up to the final day and I hope we get more out of the next 4. Even so, our performances over Easter were better than they have been for a while.[/color] I don't believe Exeter will sustain their form but even if they did, neither side is prepared for the playoffs .

Really....!?

Sep 6, 2006
PAFC94":1e0xerlt said:
I think the last two games have been among the worst of the season performance wise.

Along with Dagenham, Oxford, Hartlepool, York and others so bad I have tried to forget!