Someone needs to be accountable for 2 disastrous decisions.. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Someone needs to be accountable for 2 disastrous decisions..

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
The craziest decision in my opinion is who sanctioned £6k for houghton in the first place,surely as someone unlikely to break into the first team he would have signed for Chelsa for £1k a week ? £^k for a player who will never player higher than league two shows the problem with football and the Sky led Premier league. The lad cant battle and why should he ? hes already made it hasnt he ?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
edengreen":1zshso02 said:
The craziest decision in my opinion is who sanctioned £6k for houghton in the first place,surely as someone unlikely to break into the first team he would have signed for Chelsa for £1k a week ? £^k for a player who will never player higher than league two shows the problem with football and the Sky led Premier league. The lad cant battle and why should he ? hes already made it hasnt he ?
This is a rumour board.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Funny though innit? 4 days ago, on a different thread, it was pointed out that there had been no rumours for 10 days.
Today, there have so far been 33 posts on this topic in less than 5 hours.

SwimWithTheTide":23suoneb said:
Josh Pope":23suoneb said:
First one would be surprising, can't imagine them being naive enough to sign a deal like that.

Second one, sadly, would not be much of a shock at all.

And fwiw TinTin - before his injury Luke Young was playing spectacularly at Torquay - the reason he left the club was probably more financially related than it was footballing.

I know that Starnes worked out similar deals to the Houghton one when at Yeovil.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this club and it's joke owner .
The joke owner as you call him, saved the club from oblivion not too many years ago.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
True, he was the chosen one (of several) to save us, but now he's our ball and chain. He should have moved on once he realised he was out of his depth. And before the who else comments arise, your hero himself admit that offers have been flying in a plenty. I don't trust him. He's a joke and he's taking us for a ride.

This puts the Reuben rumour to bed.

Asked whether he thought Reid would be available for the play-offs, Adams replied: "I would hope so.

"I would be very disappointed if he hadn't healed that quickly. So, yes, there is that possibility."

From the evening herald.

I know this is the rumours board but there's no need for utter poo surely?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well the price has been paid:

RR released and playing for Truro in the playoffs (got emergency treatment at Treliske)

Brent left; club bought by Sir Philip Green for 99p (no flake)

Claudio Ranieri flying in from Italy to take over as manager (What his 97 year old mother requested over lunch)

Pogleswoody new kit supplier has designed a new club badge = Mr Pogle watering his plant (A royal lilac)

These all are, of course, rumours but I reckons thems true I do!! :thumbs:

Mar 14, 2009
Whilst it seems like a load of BS, its is one of the best Argyle related creative stories I've read for a while.

I just wish the author would do more exciting ones perhaps about up and coming new signings.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SwimWithTheTide":zg5hi0in said:
True, he was the chosen one (of several) to save us, but now he's our ball and chain. He should have moved on once he realised he was out of his depth. And before the who else comments arise, your hero himself admit that offers have been flying in a plenty. I don't trust him. He's a joke and he's taking us for a ride.

Come on then Sam, I'll bit, but I shouldn't.

Who were the other 'chosen ones' then?

Let's have a decent debate without the use of sound bites.

Ian

Mar 29, 2011
I can only laugh.

I reckon Houghton is playing because he's good enough. Still, he doesn't dive in for tackles, make killer balls or pat his chest whenever he's got a spare 2 seconds.

Most fans don't deserve to see Argyle get promoted. I can assure you, there's a lot less 'passion' the further up the leagues you go. In these leagues they have something unheard of in the Plymouth area, it's called ABILITY. Try to take up watching Torquay. There's load of local lads that weren't good enough to go higher in that league. Maybe you'd be more suited to it.

Jun 8, 2014
Houghton's ability as a footballer is fine, it's the fact he's a nothing player and has no impact during the game that's the problem.

He basically only plays because we don't have anyone else who can play there - sadly. He's an U21 standard player and looks it.