Stevenage Boss Not happy | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Boss Not happy

Nov 4, 2012
What an donut. I hope Stevenage have a crap season. Nothing against Stevenage as a club but this Westley bloke is a complete and utter tw4t and his style of play and tactics are awful.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think he has a point, if the boot was on the other foot we'd all say the ref was a homer, and would feel the same as westley.

Sep 23, 2005
tagz":fhfmzf1x said:
Sam Barker":fhfmzf1x said:
"In the first half I went to get the ball to give to our player to take a throw-in. Their player charged into me. I had to push him off, fearing for my safety," he said.

:funny: :funny:
I think it was our throw in.

It WAS our throw in and he was preventing us taking it. Obviously going for the Ferguson siege mentality and why let the truth get in the way of a good whinge.

Apr 9, 2011
r4h4al":1l4yi6rh said:
I think he has a point, if the boot was on the other foot we'd all say the ref was a homer, and would feel the same as westley.
Cant remember the last time we had a "homer" most refs we have had in recent years give us nothing!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sounds like someone needs to dry there eyes.

Being a football manager he must surely know that not everything goes your way.

Bullied??

What a pussy!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
For the Tyler Harvey incident it was clearly Westley who was at fault as he prevented Harvey from getting the ball for our throw-in. He pushed Harvey for no good reason.

For the Mellor handball, the incident happened outside the penalty area (so how could it possibly have been a penalty?) and there were a couple of other Argyle defenders in close proximity (so not a clear goalscoring opportunity). The punishment for handball is a yellow card I believe (so what is the problem).

As far as the 8 minutes of stoppage time is concerned. First, it is notable that the referee played 4 minutes of stoppage time in the first half so it was already evident that he was a ref who, unlike many others, was quite prepared to add an appropriate amount of time to cover stoppages (in the first half there was the clash of heads that delayed play considerably). At the end of the second half he signalled 6 minutes of stoppage time but almost as soon as that period started a Stevenage player went down 'injured' for at least 1.5 minutes, so it is entirely consistent that there were actually 8 additional minutes.

I found it completely refreshing that the referee actually added on a significant amount of time at the end of the game to account for injuries, substitutions and time wasting. People around me were commenting throughout the game that the referee needed to get a grip and stop Stevenage from time wasting but, in truth, there is little that a referee can do to prevent it other than i) booking players and ii) adding time on at the end. Given that pretty much every Stevenage player was wasting time throughout the game it would have been difficult for him to single specific incidents out and book particular players so adding time on was exactly the right thing to do.

Graham Westley has absolutely no case. Last night was a great example of the saying 'you reap what you sow'.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Moan away Westley!

Three home games, three games unbeaten and apparently we're 'bullying' opposition - love it! It has been far too easy for opponents at Home Park as of late, so more than happy to hear we're giving teams a hard time there this season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1sw1gcff said:
Moan away Westley!

Three home games, three games unbeaten and apparently we're 'bullying' opposition - love it! It has been far too easy for opponents at Home Park as of late, so more than happy to hear we're giving teams a hard time there this season.

Except we're not. They bullied us throughout but it didn't prevent us getting a point (just). Westley is deluded.

Feb 22, 2008
My first ever new topic and just beaten to it by FordGreen!

Regardless of the rights and wrong with Tyler there is no way the opposition manager should be manhandling him and it was our throw! I was astounded by Westley's comments and drawing attention to it. Perhaps he is getting his defence in first?

The Ref spoke to him and he was lucky not to be sent to the stands, so for the muppet to actually refer to it I am thinking smokescreen and I wonder if the Ref has included it in his report......

Stevenage being bullied, oh the irony. :funny:

Feb 22, 2008
Another point - if Westley had been sent to the stand could he have jumped into the Mayflower? Was it Warnock all those years ago?

At least then we would have someone to throw the bleeding ball back.....