Stevenage Boss Not happy | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Boss Not happy

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a thoroughly miserable arrogant bully who should have had at least one player sent off for forearm smashing alessandra and many more of his ghastly players for time wasting and intimidating officials.i said to the supporters around me when 6 minutes stoppage time was put up that it should have been more.he orders his players to feign injury,elbow and kick lumps out of the opposition and he got his come uppance.if it were between exeter to get relegated or this sham of a club stevenage every time.i expect westley to be sacked before christmas.you are a disgrace to the sport. :furious:

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
The Fern":3t276aba said:
Another point - if Westley had been sent to the stand could he have jumped into the Mayflower? Was it Warnock all those years ago?

At least then we would have someone to throw the bleeding ball back.....
Nope,the Mayflower is a no go area!!!

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Although not using his head Westley had the same intent of what Alan Pardew had last season when he headbutted a player (after that player had pushed him) and he got given a formal warning and fined £100,000 from the club, fined £60,000 and warned by the FA and banned for 7 games (4 game stadium ban).
http://youtu.be/_EhLp-cnvsA

Feb 23, 2009
The Doctor":i47s5rxz said:
For the Tyler Harvey incident it was clearly Westley who was at fault as he prevented Harvey from getting the ball for our throw-in. He pushed Harvey for no good reason.

For the Mellor handball, the incident happened outside the penalty area (so how could it possibly have been a penalty?) and there were a couple of other Argyle defenders in close proximity (so not a clear goalscoring opportunity). The punishment for handball is a yellow card I believe (so what is the problem).

As far as the 8 minutes of stoppage time is concerned. First, it is notable that the referee played 4 minutes of stoppage time in the first half so it was already evident that he was a ref who, unlike many others, was quite prepared to add an appropriate amount of time to cover stoppages (in the first half there was the clash of heads that delayed play considerably). At the end of the second half he signalled 6 minutes of stoppage time but almost as soon as that period started a Stevenage player went down 'injured' for at least 1.5 minutes, so it is entirely consistent that there were actually 8 additional minutes.

I found it completely refreshing that the referee actually added on a significant amount of time at the end of the game to account for injuries, substitutions and time wasting. People around me were commenting throughout the game that the referee needed to get a grip and stop Stevenage from time wasting but, in truth, there is little that a referee can do to prevent it other than i) booking players and ii) adding time on at the end. Given that pretty much every Stevenage player was wasting time throughout the game it would have been difficult for him to single specific incidents out and book particular players so adding time on was exactly the right thing to do.

Graham Westley has absolutely no case. Last night was a great example of the saying 'you reap what you sow'.

Agree with all you say

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Ha. Ha. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :) I can just imagine the powers that be sitting around the table plotting against Stevenage "Right then, Stevenage, little f**kers--send out a message to all referees and linos-NO DECISIONS IN THEIR FAVOUR---------ever. Who do they think they are? Dagenham and Redbridge?"

What a plonker.

Nov 4, 2012
Tivvygreen":1h9juwkf said:
The Doctor":1h9juwkf said:
For the Tyler Harvey incident it was clearly Westley who was at fault as he prevented Harvey from getting the ball for our throw-in. He pushed Harvey for no good reason.

For the Mellor handball, the incident happened outside the penalty area (so how could it possibly have been a penalty?) and there were a couple of other Argyle defenders in close proximity (so not a clear goalscoring opportunity). The punishment for handball is a yellow card I believe (so what is the problem).

As far as the 8 minutes of stoppage time is concerned. First, it is notable that the referee played 4 minutes of stoppage time in the first half so it was already evident that he was a ref who, unlike many others, was quite prepared to add an appropriate amount of time to cover stoppages (in the first half there was the clash of heads that delayed play considerably). At the end of the second half he signalled 6 minutes of stoppage time but almost as soon as that period started a Stevenage player went down 'injured' for at least 1.5 minutes, so it is entirely consistent that there were actually 8 additional minutes.

I found it completely refreshing that the referee actually added on a significant amount of time at the end of the game to account for injuries, substitutions and time wasting. People around me were commenting throughout the game that the referee needed to get a grip and stop Stevenage from time wasting but, in truth, there is little that a referee can do to prevent it other than i) booking players and ii) adding time on at the end. Given that pretty much every Stevenage player was wasting time throughout the game it would have been difficult for him to single specific incidents out and book particular players so adding time on was exactly the right thing to do.

Graham Westley has absolutely no case. Last night was a great example of the saying 'you reap what you sow'.

Agree with all you say

From the Devonport end I have to say I think Mellor should have been sent off. It was a deliberate handball which denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Apart from that most of the bad decisions were against us like Reid being unable to touch the ball without being penalized for handball and Allen been clearly fouled before there so called definite penalty.

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
Haha! What a complete utter nonce this guy is. His tactics he uses are to bully the other team out of the game and is utterly awful to watch and yet he says their being bullied. Can't complain about the injury time when it's his team that have racked that up. And as for the comment about being scared when tyler's momentum forced him into him. There's no need for him to shove tyler and stop him from having the ball for our throw in! Stevenage are a horrible horrible team and I would rather see them get relegated than any other team in the league (not that they will).

Apr 15, 2008
London
Pilgrims4life":q8qkrs30 said:
Haha! What a complete utter nonce this guy is. His tactics he uses are to bully the other team out of the game and is utterly awful to watch and yet he says their being bullied. Can't complain about the injury time when it's his team that have racked that up. And as for the comment about being scared when tyler's momentum forced him into him. There's no need for him to shove tyler and stop him from having the ball for our throw in! Stevenage are a horrible horrible team and I would rather see them get relegated than any other team in the league (not that they will).

Yeah, not sure if you can get away with calling him that, Pilgrims. :whistle:

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Having read his tirade on their website the bloke is clearly deluded

If I'm being fair then Mellor could very easily of been sent off and I was relieved when the yellow card was shown, although from my seat at the front of block 15 I didn't have a great view.

Lewis Allesandra injury.
Their lad won his header powerfully but clearly elbowed Lewis in the process of heading the ball. Lewis had to go off for stitches i think and many many refs would of sent off their defender, although if I'm being fair again, I'd say it wasn't deliberate though definitely reckless.

Harvey as already mentioned was trying to retrieve the ball for OUR throw when Westley shoved him!!!!!

Their forward shoved Allen off the ball to go clean through. Somehow River Allen got up and chased back and pulled off a brilliant last ditch sliding tackle to take the ball off his foot as he was about to shoot. Penalty? NEVER!!!! Probably the best last ditch tackle I've ever seen and
More a foul to us 30 yards back up the pitch if anything.

Couldn't really see the pen as I was about to walk out so can't really comment on that

To sum up I thought they were a tall, powerful and highly motivated team that that worked very hard and imposed their game on us.
Were they dirty. Not for me. Did they waste time, absolutely.
The ref was appalling for both teams. never playing advantage, insisting on throw ins being retaken etc etc and both teams suffered equally

We got away with an undeserved point which probably explains his tirade.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Is it only me who thinks the Mellor yellow was absolutely the correct decision?

Nelson and Hartley are covering and could have easily got in between their striker and Luke in order to stop him getting a clear shot away. And consider Luke could also have come out more to narrow the angle. No way in this world would I call it a 'clear goalscoring opportunity denied' by Mellor committing that foul. We'd easily have been able to get men inside of the striker. It's deliberate handball which is a yellow offence but it doesn't deny a clear scoring chance. We had the chance covered.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
He's the worst kind of manager, a dirty game player if there ever was one. He thrives off his players breaking footballing etiquettes, spoiling any enjoyment spectators may get from a match and getting a rise out of the opposition.

I tend not to hold strong opinions on many of the clubs we play at this level but I make exception for Stevenage; I hope they're relegated, I hope Westely never manages again and I hope their fans enjoy being back where they belong in the non-league.

90+8 minutes :lol:

C

Cobi Budge.

I think some Stevenage fans (and that winker Westley) need to understand the sentence " there will be a MINIMUM of 6 minutes added time", wouldn't have needed the 8 if they weren't time wasting. Bitter, bitter, bitter.